Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 16th, 2003, 12:31 PM
Bill Y

Default Carnival Complaint - Help

Can anyone help me on this one? I just sailed the Victory on June 8 and am very dissappointed in response from purser's office reference entertainment.

Basically, the band on Lido deck quit eary one day by an hour, told me the bar closed so they were quitting. Capers showed 6:00 pm and they quit at 5:00 pm. When I inquired at the purser desk they basically blew me off and just said I'm sorry. Also said I could not see the cruise director, how rude.

All I wanted to know was why. Has anyone written a letter of complaint to Carnival and done any good or are they just too big for their britches?

Bill

P.S. - If you have do you know where to send the letter?
Sponsored Links
Old June 16th, 2003, 01:58 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Carnival Complaint - Help

I'm sorry that you were a bit disappointed in the playing time of the band on deck. The pursers office would have absolutely nothing to do with band scheduling, this being the responsibility of the cruise director. Although a formal appointment with the cruise director or one of his assistants is sometimes difficult, they are certainly accessable before and after any number of events on the ship. They are also probably the most approachable group of people on the ship. I am a bit confused if your complaint was the lack of response you got from the pursor or just that the band stopped playing. For the latter I'm not sure what you would accomplish by writing Carnival. For the former, your complaint would need to address a particular person failing to assist you to be meaningful. That said, just what did you want from the pursor? Did you expect them to order the band to go back and play? If nothing besides this was wrong with your cruise experience then you had a fabulous experience and should reflect on that and forget writing Carnival. Just my opinion.
Old June 16th, 2003, 02:16 PM
First Mate

We sailed on the Victory March this year....and I did not send any letters to Carnival, and I had lots of complaints off and on with the service, etc on the ship. But on the whole it was a fun time. If you only complaint was early stopping of band...its not worth your time to complain about it.

Mary Margaret
Old June 16th, 2003, 03:01 PM
First Mate

To me, this seems like a silly thing to complain about. I think we should all be thankkful we are able to cruise and not sweat the little stuff.............JMHO
Old June 16th, 2003, 03:14 PM
Admiral

Must have had a good time and wants to go back. Sounds like your doing a little fishing here. Seeing if a little compensation is available. I don’t know if they’ll bite or not.<G>

and laughing is contagious,
here’s hoping for an epidemic!
Old June 16th, 2003, 03:22 PM
Admiral

Your complaint should have been directed to the Cruise Director or his staff for them to take action. The Purser probably knew he could not get in touch with him at that moment but they should have told you to talk to him or his assistants next time you saw one of them. They are very easy to approach and talk with. They probably have no idea this happened. You should also have made this notation in the Comments Card that everyone gets at the end of the cruise. Believe it when I say that these cards ARE read and reviewed by the staff and the CD would have been very upset that someone under his control would have slacked off like that. What the others have said also applys, that is small stuff and never sweat the small stuff so long as the other parts of the cruise were good.
Jim

Old June 17th, 2003, 08:36 AM
Bill Y

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the cruise very much.

All I wanted to know was why the band quit an hour early, you see the capers said
one thing ang they did another. We already had one bad weather day on Monday with no band as scheduled and to see the band pack up because the bar closed early was dissappointing.

Can anyone tell me why the bars on a sunny day at sea close at 5:00 next to the Triton Pool? I thought i was on a fun ship.

Bill
Old June 17th, 2003, 08:38 AM
Admiral

Bill,

Here is the address you asked for:

Customer Service
Carnival Cruise Lines
3655 NW. 87th Ave.
Miami, FL 33178-2428

Personally, I don't think it's worth writing about as you probably won't get an answer (and I must agree with the posters above that it is too small a thing to worry about), but good luck.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium

Old June 17th, 2003, 08:59 AM
Bill Y

Okay Guys I give up.

I had a good time and I,m going to let it go!

All in all Carnival does give you a good time.

Bill
Old June 17th, 2003, 11:27 AM
Shipbound

How much do want to drink?
Old June 18th, 2003, 10:51 AM
TimT

Default Re: Re: Carnival Complaint - Help

Bill Y: Perhaps the band left an hour early because they were taking requests.

Tim
Old June 18th, 2003, 10:43 PM
Admiral

Bill, Bill, Bill---- You made it to the ship by surviving a plane ride, automobile ride, etc. You withstood the rigors of embarkation, silly boarding photos,-- was on a wonderful ship with good accommodations, plenty of food, hopefully good company in the other passengers,--- got to go to some interesting ports of call, seen a number of good looking women, survived the mass and crush of disembarkation,--- made it safely back home and you find it to be an issue because the band quit an hour early on one day???

Bill, Bill, Bill. naughty boy.