Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2003, 08:46 AM
Admiral

Default Poll: Do you like birthday surprises?

Hi Gang! Well I have never had a birthday surprise in my entire life. I am the take charge person and must know every detail.

My birthday is on the 4th of July and my family has a surprise for me. Now this drives me nuts plus the kids are not budging to even give me a hint. I asked for a hint and my husband said the letter "M" Now what could this mean? I asked if we have company coming over so I can clean the house.My husband said the house is always clean anyway. No hints nothing nada........I am not even allowed to order/bake a cake, food nothing. I bribed the kids but they are silent and just say "maybe"

So do you like birthday surprises? And if you ever had any what was it? This will be my 41st birthday....yuck <VBG>

Old June 30th, 2003, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Poll: Do you like birthday surprises?

I love surprises. What drives me nuts is that Mark is much like you and hates to be surprised. And since he hates to be surprised, he can't keep surprises from anyone else (i.e. me) so I know what all my presents are before I receive them. It's quite disappointing.

Hmmm... a surprise that starts with the letter M... what could it be? Moose? Marshmallows? Marmalade? Meerkats? Miami? Majesty of the Seas? Monarch of the Seas? Millennium? Mercury? Maasdam? Mariner of the Seas? (I like where this is headed...)

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium

Old June 30th, 2003, 09:23 AM
Cruise Maniac

I must say that I really never get a chance to be surprised, as I usually find out. My husband can't keep a secret, and if he buys me a gift too early, he can't wait and usually ends up giving it to me because he's so excited (I guess I can't complaim).

I have always wanted a surprise party, but have never had one. My bridal shower was suppose to be a surprise for me, but I ended up getting in a car accident on the way over and had to be taken to the hospital. My sister told me in the hospital that we were going to the shower (I really had no idea). That was the closest I have ever come.

I have to admit that if my husband did plan a surprise party for me, I would stress out that the house wasn't clean enough, and if certain people are coming, I would have to put some things away, or out (you know how some of those wedding gifts are). There would also be the issue of certain family members don't get along, so I think I would be a nervous wreck the entire time.

Alaska - Princess
Old June 30th, 2003, 09:27 AM
Admiral

I love surprises Sue. I think anyway. Don't think I've had many in my life though. I'm not real good at planning those things for others and haven't had people in my life who were either.

I had a friend who's husband planned to have all her friends come in early on her
birthday morning to wake her up and join them for breakfast. Don't think I would have liked that kind of surprise. Give me a limo and whisk me off to a beautiful resort or something.

To add to your list of possibilities Mickey mouse came to mind right away. A trip to Disney World? I like Michelle's idea of Millenium best. Good luck, sit back and enjoy the experience.

Phyll

Old June 30th, 2003, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Poll: Do you like birthday surprises?

you guys crack me up! I do likeMichelles idea but due to budget problems I highly doubt it. Our daughters name is Magdalena which would be awesome to see her.She lives in CO....but my husband told me it wasn't her....Catherine I agree with you and just in case I will keep my house spotless....

Old June 30th, 2003, 12:46 PM
Admiral

I hate surprises. Absolutely hate them. Deplore them. I want to be in control and surprises don't allow me to prepare for any eventuality.

Regards,
Thomas
Old June 30th, 2003, 01:35 PM
Admiral

I only trust my wife's surprises, no one else knows me that well. It seems that when others try to do something for me, they actually oblige me to somehow undo whatever they've done. Such is the burden of the natural introvert in a gregarious society.

And, Sue, I think I've figured out the surprise. Your birthday is July 4, which means fireworks. Your husband got you a case of M-80s <>

Steve

Until Enchantment.
Until Inspiration
Sensation 2/03

Post Edited (06-30-03 14:57)
Old June 30th, 2003, 02:46 PM
First Mate

Just pray it's not McDonalds!

MV Discovery, South Pacific Total Eclipse Cruise
Old June 30th, 2003, 06:59 PM
Admiral

I'm with Thomas on this one.

On one cruise some "friends" (not any longer) "surprised" me with a birthday cake. Never mind that my birthday was two months before. THEY liked the attention. I sure didn't.
Old June 30th, 2003, 08:15 PM
Admiral

OOOH! Sue, can't wait to find out what yur surprise is! Please keep us posted....

donna

Old July 1st, 2003, 07:49 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Poll: Do you like birthday surprises?

I might find out today! I keep you updated..i think we might go away YEAH