Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2003, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Default Did you ever notice on a cruise....

Did you ever notice on a cruise that you keep seeing the same people around the ship? That certain people just catch your eye and you seem to see them everywhere you go, despite the fact that there are two thousand other people on board? I find this interesting.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium

Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2003, 09:05 AM
Captain

Default Re: Did you ever notice on a cruise....

I can understand how this may happen. We usually find certain areas of the ship that we prefer and that is where you will find us. I am sure that is the case with a lot of people so you would keep seeing many of the same people who like that particular area of the ship. Perhaps that is one thing you would have in common with them because obviously you like some things a certain way. JMHO
Old June 30th, 2003, 09:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

I agree Michelle!

We kept seeing the same people, and I think we noticed them for the wrong reasons (usually attire).

Alaska - Princess
Old June 30th, 2003, 11:46 AM
Admiral

I was thinking the same thing Michelle. You do see the same people all over the ship and in port as well.

Regards,
Thomas
Old June 30th, 2003, 12:35 PM
Admiral

That doesn't just happen on a ship. Two years ago, my wife and I shared a Condo in Kissimee (sp?) for a week with my stepson and his wife. On Vacation Day 1, we went to Universal Theme Park. As we were leaving the park, a couple with a teenage daughter caught my eye. The daughter looked a lot like a relative of mine.

A few hours later, when we met my stepson and DIL for dinner at a resaturant 10 miles away from the park, that same couple had dinner in the same restaurant.

Later that week, when I saw the family at Epcot Center I felt compelled to speak--something about 3 times is not a coincidence. Apparently the recognition was mutual--they had noticed us, as well. But in the course of conversation, we were never able to resolve why we had independently visited the same places on the same day. As far as we could tell, we weren't related geographically or genetically. Just coincidental tourists, indulging the same whims at the same time. Very strange, but intriguing. I wonder how many times that happens without our noticing.

Steve

Until Enchantment.
Until Inspiration
Sensation 2/03
Old June 30th, 2003, 01:36 PM
Admiral

It happened to us in London. We came back from theatre one night, went into the hotel's lounge (sort of like an Ewardian living room) share were joined by a lovely couple. We chatted, liked each other, exchanged e-mail addresses and so on.

Next day, we got off the tube somewhere or other and walked straight into them.
Old June 30th, 2003, 01:39 PM
Admiral

On every cruise we have done there is always one couple that seems to be right there with you everywhere you turn. Usually it is a little old couple for some reason or someone just rather obnoxious in a mild way. Neptunes Law maybe? <VBG>
Jim

Old June 30th, 2003, 02:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Michelle:

I thought I was the only one who noticed this. How about seeing the same people on the same cruise, one year later. Happened to me, twice!. Go figure. Guess we have the same interests in ports, time of sailing and ship.. Can make for some interesting pool side watching.

Leslie

Monarch 8/4/03
Mercury 11/5/03
Old June 30th, 2003, 05:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

This happened to us on our AOS cruise three weeks ago. There seemed to be about 10 people that kept entering our "cruise' lives at different times thoughout the week. It almost seemed like a sitcom and the others that we didn't recognize were just extras to fill the scene.

Jay
Old July 1st, 2003, 12:14 AM
Bunny

We had a very nasty couple at our table on a cruise and even ate in port one nigt to avoid them. And it seemed no matter where we went there they were! Changing tables would not have helped, the other 2 couples at our table were our friends and trarelling with them, so getting new seating for 6 would have been too hard!
Old July 1st, 2003, 12:40 PM
susancruzs

Yep, happens to me, too! Also has happened to me in London, which I find pretty funny! The next thing is I always have people asking me directions, no matter where I am but rarely in my home town!!! :-)

Susie
Old July 1st, 2003, 07:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

I too have noticed this! We have seen the same people over and over on cruises. Never on different cruises, tho! Once there was this woman on our cruise who was really pushy. She was rather large and almost ran my husband over several times. It seems that, everywhere we went, there she was, even in port. It became a joke. My husband would say, omg, there she is again! Watch out!
Old July 2nd, 2003, 07:49 AM
First Mate

Same thing for us on the Paradise. Good news is they were a lovely couple and we shared about our kids back home and obviously we enjoyed the same interest. I sure hope they are my next cruise! We have teen son, they have teen daughter ... who know's. Denise
Old July 5th, 2003, 12:17 PM
Yeoman

I was on a cruise in December, by myself, and on the sailaway day, an older woman approached me to ask if i were alone, and could she "join" me for dinner/shore excursions/shows/bingo, etc. She said she was ontemplating getting married, but needed some time away to think about it. I really just wanted to do my own thing (had friends in Cayman to meet up with, etc.), so I just kind of avoided her. I went on another cruise (different ship, same cruise line), and the SAME WOMAN was on it, and saw me sitting alone, and asked me - AGAIN - if she could "join" me! I couldn't believe it! I recognized her right away (she didn't recognize me), and gave me the SAME story about getting married. Unbelievable!