Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2003, 08:58 AM
Passenger

Default uk.

Its wet ere in the uk and cloudy well it would would,nt it in suffolk now in the local library any one want any info.
Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2003, 08:24 PM
Admiral

Default Re: uk.

Hi there in the UK, and welcome to CruiseMates. I'm one of a few Canadians onboard, married to a Brit from Wales, and Chester, so if you try to slip in any "Englishisms" I'll understand them!

donna

Old June 30th, 2003, 09:17 PM
Admiral

And my late stepmother was an RAF Veteran of WWII, stationed at Heath Airfield. But that's a very complicated story I'll spare everyone here. Welcome to CM, and don't mind us Yanks.

Steve

Until Enchantment.
Until Inspiration
Sensation 2/03
Old July 1st, 2003, 08:13 AM
Passenger

Tell me about it It was my birthday yesterday and it was chucking it down with rain here in Nottingham! It isnt getting much better today. It didnt spoil my birthday though as it was nice to sit in the horse and jocky by the fire having a game of pool and drinking my first legal drink!
ha ha
Becky

Aurora
Constalation
Costa atlantica

Aurora
Old July 1st, 2003, 09:01 AM
Admiral

Speaking of rain in England, we took a 16-day tour of England/Wales/Ireland/Scotland from Aug. 9-25, 2000 and received no more than one or two sprinkles for the whole time! We were amazed. The weather was just spectacular for the entire trip everyplace we went. We even got to witness the wonderful Military Tattoo at Edinburgh Castle on a starry night. When I asked our tour director how often they had such great weather over a 2-week period, he responded "Never!" So it may never rain in Southern California, but it sometimes is also rain-free in the UK (at least during August).

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old July 2nd, 2003, 05:02 PM
Passenger

During august is the best time to be here! its practically the only time you can expect to get a weeks worth of sunshine! But its not that bad we have the odd day thats great usually weekends actually!

Aurora
Constalation
Costa atlantica

Aurora
Old July 4th, 2003, 01:35 PM
STARGAZER

Default Re: Re: uk.

Hi KimJack,glad to hear you had a good two weeks of fine weather in the U.K during 2000,interested by your comment that it never rains in Southern California,am I as a Brit. allowed to dispute that fact!!!!!.
November 24th 2001 2.25pm as I set foot on the sidewalk outside San Diego Lindberg Field it rained!!!for at least 6 hours and whilst taking a pre-dinner stroll around Mission Bay I couldn't stop my teeth from chattering!-should I have complained to the tourist board?!!!!.
Old July 4th, 2003, 04:01 PM
Admiral

Hi Stargazer,
The silly notion that "it never rains in Southern California" was obviously conceived by the tourist boards in the region in order to perpetuate the myth of blue skies and balmy temperatures. They even put the words into a popular song of several years ago. We here in Orlando, Florida know very well that great weather of a year-round nature simply doesn't exist anywhere on earth. We're in our rainy season right now, and when it's not precipitating it's quite warm & humid.

But I guess that's what attracts so many tourists (especially you Brits) to this haven of "the Mouse" and so many other popular attractions during this and every other season of the year. So we accept and fully agree with your challenge to the California propaganda shown above, and we invite you to enjoy the sights and sounds and variable weather of Central Florida during your next holidays. Paulinuk and BEKA and all your UK mates are invited as well, and we will supply all the English lager and ale that you folks can handle. After all, we are civilized here you know.

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas