Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2003, 10:30 PM
Admiral

Default Amsterdam Review is Up

My review of the 6-21 sailing of the Amsterdam is up and available for viewing. It appears that I made a couple of typos. Please forgive me... I hope it helps some future cruisers.
Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2003, 12:40 AM
Dean Renner

Default Re: Amsterdam Review is Up

Chuck,

Enjoyed your review!

Sounds as though you guys had a fun cruise despite your disappointment with the food. And I know food is one of those subjects that's of more significance to some than it is to others.

I'm not so sure you should give up on a cruise line you obviously enjoy because of one aspect of a cruise experience. Perhaps your ship/itinerary/luck-of-the-draw conspired against you on this cruise.

Then again, you really seem to have enjoyed your Princess cruises, so that may be the way to go for you from now on! For the amount we spend on our cruises, every aspect of them should be first-rate!

At any rate, I have enjoyed your cruise reviews (albeit, minus photos......... ) and look forward to continuing to swap cruise experiences!

Dean
Old July 1st, 2003, 01:17 AM
Admiral

Hmmmm, Chuck ....

As someone who's had the pleasure of "consuming massive quantities" with you, I know you are serious about your foodiness.

I repose a lot of faith in your review.

We've been on HAL several times and loved the Amsterdam as a ship. Your review is making me think twice.
Old July 1st, 2003, 09:31 AM
CSEMom

Chuck,

Thanks for the full review. We leave tomorrow for Seattle, then on the Amsterdam on Saturday.

We appreciate your honesty. We'll have to see what we get! We'll have a great time anyway regardless. We are going for our 20th Anniversary.

I'll let you know how it went. Thanks for all the good advice you guys have put it on these message boards. It has helped me a lot, especially since this is only cruise #2, and the first was so long ago (20yrs), that I guess this qualifies for a first.

Nancy