Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 4th, 2003, 05:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default Update On my physical condition.

I have read the 2 chit chats that was inserted into the cruisemates speaking about my accident. TWEETY I want to thank you for tell all cruisemates about the accident. I want to thank your friend who did visit us while we were camping at Kinberling City near Branson, MO. You two are wonderful people and true friends.

This is my update. All the information given is true facts. Helen and I spent some time with our family but all my time was spent inside the motorhome except for some times outside with my foot elevated. Not too good of a vacation. But I was with family.

On Wednesday July 2, I returned to my Surgeon who have me postive conditions. No infections and then placed a Cast over my foot and leg. Then about 12 noon July 2 one of my Grand Daughters sliped on the rocks about the same spot that I fell. She checked in and only has a sprained ankle. We waited til they returned to the campground and at 3 PM Helen and I started driving, me riding, for home. We spent 2 nights on the road and arrived home at about 5 PM July 4th. I made the journey in fine shape after having to control Helen's driving. Her biggest fault was speeding. Gosh she has heavy foot. But she got us home safe and sound.

I hope to be seeing another Orthopedic Surgeon by next Monday the 7th to have the staples removed but all the plates, wires and screws will stay permanently. Hopely no infections will develop. I have been told that I will not be able to put pressure on the foot for a minimun of 60 days. I now have to get a chair so Helen can push me around. She said she will let me hop around on the walker til I can get one procured.

I want to thank all of you CRUISEMATES for the kind words for Helen and I.

Ray
Sponsored Links
Old July 4th, 2003, 07:05 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Update On my physical condition.

Ray, so glad that you are home again safe and as sound as can be expected with all you have been thru. Helen is a trooper, heavy foot and all. You two certainly do compliment each other. Everyone has been really worried about you and will all be happy to see you back with us.

Take care of yourself and behave.....You will heal much better and faster if you follow the Dr's directions.

Happy 4th.

Carnival Glory
Old July 4th, 2003, 07:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Thanks for keeping us posted Ray. Hopefully being home will help speed along the healing.
Angela Z.
Old July 4th, 2003, 07:26 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Update On my physical condition.

Thnaks for giving us an update! Glad you are doing well and will be ready in 60 days to perhaps dance with your wife !

Old July 4th, 2003, 07:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Ray.. happy to hear you and Helen made it home safe! Hope your recovery process is speedy and that you guys head out on another one of your "extended cruises" real soon!

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 4th, 2003, 10:09 PM
Admiral

Great news, Ray.

You will be great fun at Airport Security.

Why didn't you get the docs to put a fake cast on Helen's foot to explain her speeding problems? No tickets, I, hope. But I'll bet you're glad to be home.

Take care of yourself.

Love, pamda and Queeg
Old July 5th, 2003, 12:18 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Thanks for checking in, Ray! I hope you heal fast and that you encounter no bumps on the road to recovery.

Old July 5th, 2003, 07:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Ray,
So glad to hear you've made it home safely :-) Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 5th, 2003, 07:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb

Donna,

Thanks for the Card. You are so kind.

Ray
Old July 5th, 2003, 09:40 PM
Admiral

Ray, so great to hear that you are doing ok. But 60 days off your feet? I had only 2 weeks back in Feb. after surgery on my foot, and I was going stir crazy stuck indoors. At least it' s summer and you can get out, especially with a chair or walker, and ol' "lead foot" to drive you around!! <VBG> Hope your recovery is speedy, and that we'll be seeing you on the boards!

donna in Montreal

Old July 6th, 2003, 07:42 AM
Admiral

Ray,

Glad to hear you are recovering nicely and are home now. Hope you heal up faster than they expect and turn those 60 days into 30. Just don't start jumping around too soon. Got to get yourself back into ship shape again.

Phyll

Old July 6th, 2003, 08:35 AM
susancruzs

Ray, so glad to hear from you and that you are doing o.k. 60 days seems a little long but you can handle it! Helen will watch over you and keep you in line! :-) Not that you can go too far!!!!

I've been thinking of you both and hoping that everything is going o.k.! One thing, get on all the cruise sites, order brochures and start planning what to do when you are back on your feet again!!! Boy, will you set off the bells and whistles at airport security!!!

Take care!

Susie
Old July 6th, 2003, 08:48 AM
Marti

Hi Ray - Tho I seldom post, I do read almost every day and I so enjoy your "travelogues". I'm sorry for your accident and wish you a speedy recovery. It could always be worse..... Thank goodness your granddaughter's injury isn't worse.

I had ankle surgery Jan 2000 and it was 8 weeks before I was able to put weight on it, so I can understand to some extent what you'll be facing. I used crutches around the house and every Wednesday, my husband would take me to the mall, get a wheel chair and we'd spend a few hours - that was truly my highlight of the week. I also planned - in great detail - our 18 day Repo from San Juan to San Fran. Knew more about that cruise than Princess!

Tho' you may not be able to vacation too easily during this time, this will give you a lot of time to plan the next one or two!

God Bless You
Marti
Old July 6th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Admiral

Hi Ray, glad you are home and doing OK. Sounds like they need to put a warning sign on the area where you fell. I hope your recovery is speedy and uneventful.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium

Old July 6th, 2003, 09:30 PM
Admiral

Glad to hear your feeling better Ray. I think the hardest thing to do with a cast on is sit on the toilet. The damn leg is sticking straight out and it makes it hard to reach the toilet paper. It's going to limit the reading time anyway.

Regards,
Thomas
Old July 7th, 2003, 10:09 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to LGriggs548

Ray,

Am soooooo very glad you and Helen are home and recovering. Wasn't sure when you would get it but sent a little card to your home in Florida since I didn't know the hospital address.

Guerry and I are keeping you guys in our prayers for a speedy recovery and are hoping to see you on a cruise again soon.

Take care,
Linda