Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 21st, 2004, 12:48 AM
cruisingkandJ

Default Good Wednesday Morning

Good morning from Southern California where it's only 10:40 p.m., and where the fire fighters work hard, and where it's gonna be a hot another one today.

Keith reads the morning posts and has gotten the ide that people think he and his brother have been on the outs, and I want to dispell that idea. They enjoy a warm relationship. The last time they talked, Wendell had called Keith, because he wanted to know how to put his pix on the 'puter. Shortly after that, they were both hospitalized. They hadn't spoken until a couple of days ago, since they were both so sick.

I had a long talk with the conservator who cares for my mother who suffers from dementia. She lives in Minnesota. Her house had a power outage while the conservtor was away, and everybody had a fit. From hereon out, she will have a housekeeper twice a week and a home health care person who will visit weekly. Some other things were taken care of as well.

I will take Keith to his retirement club luncheon today. Tomorrow, p.t.

Have a good day, all.

J.
Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2004, 01:18 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Good Wednesday Morning

Good morning J and all who follow. It is going to be a dang hot one here in SE Wisconsin with temps near 90 and heat indices approaching 105....IIIICCCCKKK!!!! Thankfully today will be the last day of this darn weather....tomorrow will be warm but less humid and then Friday will be much cooler. I can deal with the storms if it means it will cool off and dry out a little.

I am 90% packed for Alaska.....just have the last minute things to do!!!! Three more days of work and I am outta here!!!!

Old July 21st, 2004, 06:00 AM
Admiral

Mornin' all,

It's going to be a warm one here in central NY too. About 85F with high humidity. I really can't wait to go on vacation!

MIL had a small water leak under her kitchen sink yesterday, so I had to spend an hour on my back trying to get at the leaking shut-off valve. The people at the hardware store are really getting to know me! <G>

I've really got to start packing...maybe tonight. <VBG>

Everybody have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old July 21st, 2004, 07:00 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hello!
It's 7:56AM. For some reason I find myself typing really fast this AM so I can fit everybody in.
There were a lot of clouds around here in Central Florida when I got up shortly before 7, but now I notice that there's some sun trying to peek through from the East.There's only a 30% chance of precip today.Yesterday, it was off and on all day.

Around lunchtime I'm going to the chiropractor-haven't been in 3-4 months, but to keep his customers coming and returning, he has offered a deal for $7.00. Even with my new insurance kicking in yet that covers such treatments, I can afford $7.

Not much else going on today, so I trust that all of you will have a good time at whatever you're doing ! Lynne

Old July 21st, 2004, 07:05 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Wednesday Morning

Good morning from swfl...the rain has finally stopped! Yesterday we found out baby Aiden is now over 8lbs and very healthy. The doctor gave him a clean bill of health and MoM was happy and relieved.

Had a few hours with our friends at night whom we had not seen for a while. They travel a lot to minister around the country. I stayed up until 1 am to finish my message that I will preach tonight at church. Final touch ups today and I will be all set. I am very tired and maybe I can take a nap. Promissed middle daughter to go to the library today and we might pick up papers at the new school also.

Ed a missions trip? Tell me more please. Sounds exciting!

Have a wonderful day ..........

Old July 21st, 2004, 07:19 AM
Admiral

Morning all from Montreal where it promises to be another hot, humid one. Up to 29 + humidity, so that's high 80's F. See? We do have summer in Montreal!
Yesterday went well at the hospital with my mom. All her blood tests were normal levels, and she didn't lose any weight. She's now 1/2 way through round 2 of chemo, and so far, not suffering any adverse effects other than fatigue. Keep praying!
It's been so hot here in the evening that I can't bring myself to work in the garden, which still need work. Instead, I have been enjoying the air conditioning inside and working on the Paradise story. It's been fun re-living the cruise, even though it already seems like so long ago! Hope you all are enjoying it too!

donna

Old July 21st, 2004, 07:29 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

I see we have two threads this morning. Judy, if you still lived here in Minnesota, Keith and I could car pool to therapy. :-)

Not much on the agenda today, I'm just going to take it easy. I hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 21st, 2004, 07:33 AM
Admiral

Good Morning to ALL CM's..sounds like a lot of activities going on today..I am off so its outside for some yard work in this swealtering heat..but it is suppose to cool off this weekend in wc ARK....
Judy..I am really glad that keith and wendell got to speak to each other..it has been a while..Prayers are still going out for all of you..and Donna..that is really good news about your Mom..she also remains on our prayer list as well as all the CM's that are in need..Hope you all have a wonderful Day and please stay safe.

Old July 21st, 2004, 08:50 AM
L&S80

Morning from the still warm Pacific Northwest........up into the 90's for the weekend......not our usual weather.........
J....glad to hear that Wendell & Keith are on goood terms.......they are in our prayers.....
Mike....you would make a good car pooler......<S>
Y'all have a great Wednesday

Sharon
Old July 21st, 2004, 09:17 PM
Admiral

My daughter is helping me to paste my other post from the Good Wed.Morning posts here. Bye again!
Good evening everyone, Just checking in now.I had to work a day shift and then when I went to use the 2 computers at lunch time they were both busy!! Hope everyone's day is going/went well. Bye for now. Brenda