Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2003, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Default POLL: Do you look ahead?

When you've booked a cruise (or cruises), do you not daydream any further than the furthest cruise you've booked? Or do you look past it and wonder what's next and what you can book in the future?

I'm always wondering what I'll book in the future, even when I don't have the money to do anything but dream... I'd plan my 2005 schedule if the cruise lines put out the books!

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2003, 09:50 AM
Captain

Default Re: POLL: Do you look ahead?

We are always looking ahead to a future cruise. Some like the one we are doing in a few weeks just come about due to a good price, however we are planning when we will do our next Alaska cruise and we are always researching a cruise for Antarctica and Australia/ New Zealand. Right now we have various plans for up through 2006.
Old August 14th, 2003, 09:52 AM
Admiral

i concentrate all my efforts on the upcoming cruise.(2/14/04).
Old August 14th, 2003, 10:10 AM
Admiral

I'm always looking, not necessarily booking but looking.

Carnival Glory
Old August 14th, 2003, 10:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

I focus on the next one up (Acapulco in October) but start looking forward (want to do the refurbished Monarch right after the holidays)

Harry
Old August 14th, 2003, 10:15 AM
Passenger

Yes I do look forward. I will admit though, with the last minute (months) deals that are showing up, I am trying to refrain from booking until closer to sailing time. Oh, what about cabin selection, maybe I should get my choice sewed up now.

Post Edited (08-14-03 10:15)

Old August 14th, 2003, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: POLL: Do you look ahead?

We're booked the next two Thanksgivings but may change our minds on the '04 trip.

Thanksgiving '03...... H.A.L. Veendam
Thanksgiving '04...... Norwegian Star
Old August 14th, 2003, 10:39 AM
Admiral

We are always booked out at least a year. Right now we have two trips booked. We have had as many as three. The worst part about the way we do it is that we begin thinking more about the most recently booked trip than the upcoming one. It's almost like you wish away the closer one. We certainly talk more about Summit and our Sept. 2004 trip than we do about our little fling in Hawaii this October. Perhaps it is because all arrangements for Hawaii have been nailed down for quite a while and details pre and post cruise for next year are still open.
I find the planning and anticipation of each trip to be part of the fun, others of course find that part to be a tedious detail.
We need to "fill in"" with a Spring 2004 trip which is totally unplanned for and very much not like us.
Old August 14th, 2003, 03:08 PM
Admiral

My dream cruise is to go to Galapagos island. I have researched this for years. I am hoping one day we will make it there.Since it cost a lot of money my guess is we do it when the kids are out of the house which is another 8 years or so. So maybe when I hit 50 I be there...

Old August 14th, 2003, 06:05 PM
susancruzs

I'm always looking way ahead as I like to book early, shortest I've ever booked is maybe
six months.

2004 is taken care of so 2005 will be close behind!

Susie
Old August 15th, 2003, 11:35 AM
Shipbound

When I book a cruise I usually book the flight as soon as possible then book the cruise. I've found that the flight is the first thing to go up, for instance I paid 195.00 dollars to New Orleans round trip from CT. The last time I checked that same flight was 295.00 dollars. About a month ago the cruise fare was 779.00 dollars now it is 679.00 dollars.

Gary
Old August 16th, 2003, 05:47 PM
Yeoman

I'm a cruise addict...I'm always looking ahead, especially for the deals.

I like to book two cruises a year and only like to cruise in November, December, January, April or May. I go for the best deals which are usually the week before Xmas and week after New Years. May is my birthday and anniversary, (I got married on my birthday) so we like to celebrate it at that time on a cruise if possible.

I book early because I can get the best price and the cabin I want. My TA gets me some good prices.

This may sound greedy, but I am booked with deposits up until January 2005. I couldn't miss the Millenium for a 7-night Eastern Carib for $518 on Jan 2, 2005. I called my sister in law and she said book me a room on that one as well....and I did. So far I have only cruised RCCL and Celebrity and am quite happy with them.

Right now I am just trying out different ships and different itineraries, but at some point I will probably do the West Coast, Alaska, Hawaii and Europe. I'm building a house right now, so that's our main priority. Cruising is our get away from the construction site and living in Miami, I have my pick of ships.

As always Happy Cruising for now and in the future.