Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 16th, 2003, 06:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Air Deviation

Cruising is great but getting there and back sometimes can ruin the cruise. I have put a deposit on a cruise Los Angeles to Galveston great suite good price but the air back they wont grantee non stop. I have told TA if no grantee no final payment. Their story is without final payment they don't know. This is Carnival , Any Ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old August 16th, 2003, 06:56 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Air Deviation

I don't know about Carnival but a good TA should be able to get this straightened out for you. We did Transatlantic SJ to England and within days I knew my flights and they were exactly what I wanted. Like I said don't know about Carnival but I believe my TA had a lot to do with getting me non stop flights at good times.

Carnival Glory
Old August 16th, 2003, 07:11 PM
Admiral

If this is such a good deal, you may have to make a connection. Bargains often have drawbacks. Otherwise reprice it as a cruise-only and make your own air arrangements. That seems fair to me.
Old August 17th, 2003, 01:20 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Book your own air....if you are traveling round trip from the same destination city, you can almost always get your air cheaper on your own. For example, on my upcoming Princess cruise in October, Princess wanted over $350 for airfare.....plus if I wanted certain flights it would have been $75 more per person if we chose air deviation....I was able to snag a $191 (including all taxes and fees) r/t fare for my flights....and the times are close to what I optimally wanted.

Old August 17th, 2003, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Los Angeles to Galveston sounds like an open jaw to me. Most times the cruise line air is cheaper when the cruise starts in one place and ends in another. At least that has been what I have found to be true.

Carnival Glory
Old August 17th, 2003, 11:17 AM
Admiral

You're right Tweety, but sometimes it pays to buy a R.T. and just don't use the second half of it. Some airlines don't like you to do that, but it does work.

Also some of the discount carriers don't charge extra for a one way flight.

It still gets down to: "He who pays the piper calls the tune."
Old August 17th, 2003, 12:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Tweety
I don't know the expression "open Jaw " The price for air is find , I just wont to know if it is: a non stop flight!!
I understand I could take a Greyhound Bus for Houston to California maybe even a "through bus"
I am sorry I started this :all I wonted to Konw. Has onyone had any experance with Air Devition at Carnival

Old August 18th, 2003, 11:41 AM
MichelleM

Open jaw airfare means it isn't a traditional round-trip ticket. Depending on where you live you would have a one way to LA and then a one way from Galveston to LA.

If one way is absolutely necessary for you then you probably should go for the air deviation, it will cost extra but if that is what will make or break the trip for you why chance it. I would think otherwise you would not get a non-stop flight, only one stop but non-stops are not generally the cheapest way to get from one point to another.