Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 19th, 2003, 02:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Who gets the Cruise Blues?

I've got just under three weeks left to my first cruise and it seems that I have been waiting so long that all of the excitement is gone. Everything is planned and paid for (what can be up front) and thier just doesn't seem to be anything left to keep the excitement going . . . oh how blue I feel. Maybe if my docs would only come.

Anyone else get tired of the waiting and feel frustrated? I know thier is this exciting cruise out thier just waiting for me but it just seems to far away.

Sorry guys just feeling sorry for myself.

Celebration--Bahamas

I belive in unicorns, dragons, good men and all mythical creatures.
Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2003, 02:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Who gets the Cruise Blues?

Tasha, but just think, you'll be in the fantastic Solarium pool in just a few weeks! Man, my favorite pool!

Harry
Old August 19th, 2003, 02:30 PM
Admiral

Tasha,

Here's what we do. We get on the internet and research all the ports. We get local information, read the online newpapers, restaurant reviews (imagine that), history, etc. and make copies of the interesting things we find. Then we assemble them in a three-ring binder notebook with tabs to carry on the ship with us. We also get on cruise sites and download layouts of the ships, the bars, discos, shore excursions, etc. and also put these in the notebook. This helps pass the time and also provides us with useful information to have in the cabin while we are cruising.

Regards,
Thomas
Old August 19th, 2003, 04:07 PM
Admiral

Tasha,

Think of all the people who book cruises a year or more early. There, doesn't that make you feel a little better? We booked a cruise on Renaissance 13 months before embarkation once, and had to try all kinds of tricks to keep our interest up the whole time.

Thomas has a pretty sound idea organizing a binder, but that would be a little labor intensive for me. Reading the CruiseMates message boards every day has proven to be pretty effective therapy for us during the waiting periods. And when the music starts for your doc dance, your moods will change from blue to golden. You may start your final countdown . . . now!

Jack

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old August 19th, 2003, 09:36 PM
H2OBug

Tasha,

Going on a cruise infrequently (what am I saying???) will cure you of those blues. Our last cruise was in 1997 before our recent Alaska cruise on 7/26/03. I was so excited that I couldn't wait. Now my husband says we have to wait at least 2 yrs or more before our next one. Our kids talk about going back on another cruise every week. Oh, the torture of having to wait. Count your blessings, 3 wks is better than 3 years!
Old August 19th, 2003, 09:36 PM
Admiral

Tasha, as a first time cruiser I can authoratively state that after you are done with your first cruise you will actually get real "cruise blues". aka PCD. After this happens you will book your second cruise, you will then be known as a Cruiseaholic. Welcome to the club. It is actually not a bad addiction, only expensive. {{wink}}

Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)

Old August 20th, 2003, 04:12 AM
Yeoman

Tasha,
Go to the chat room and read posts on here everyday, to keep up with any new info that may come available. It helps alot when you got a couple weeks to go and time seems to slow down . I started out with over 100 days , and now I'm down to 4-days.
Time will quickly come and go. Just read all the info you can about your cruise, and the ports you are going to. Then when your time comes, you'll be ready.
Hope you have a great cruise and a wonderful time.
Happy Cruising;
David
4-days and counting
Conquest
Old August 20th, 2003, 08:14 AM
Admiral

Tasha make your packing list - double check it, try on any clothes you haven't worn in awhile, get out your luggage, go shopping for anything that you don't have on your list, pull out your cruise literature. Have a marquerita!
Old August 20th, 2003, 11:34 AM
Shipbound

When I book a cruise I really do not get excited until a week or so before the cruise because the time before the cruise I have a lot of things going and besides a week
goes by real fast.

Gary