Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Mark&Deb

Default The most difficult

In reference to the thread about Mark's mom - was this was such a touchy time of year for me - I lost my mother @ the age of 62 on July 20th 2 yrs ago so this was pretty difficult for me. But now we are looking at all the things we have been blessed with & are starting to relax a little.

Mark&Deb
Sponsored Links
Old July 19th, 2004, 07:51 PM
First Mate

Default Re: The most difficult

I lost my precious Mother August 28 last year at the age of 66. It is just awful for me right now. I try to do the same though , and look at what I have been blessed with. I have 2 beautiful healthy kids, my health is good and I have a decent job. And, I have many wonderful memories of my Mom.
Old July 19th, 2004, 09:35 PM
salem5050

I lost my mom 13 years ago, she was 69. I still miss her so much, it was a sudden death, and I never got to say good bye....it still haunts me.

Mary Margaret
Old July 19th, 2004, 09:58 PM
cruisingkandJ

Default Re: Re: The most difficult

My mother is 87 and suffers from dementia. Since I live in California, I am fortunate enough that she is provided with an excellent conservator. She has always been a difficult woman, and he gets along with her so well.

J.
Old July 19th, 2004, 11:08 PM
Admiral

My mom (74) was recently diagnosed with lung cancer. She is presently undergoing aggressive chemotherapy, in fact, I am taking her for round 2 tomorrow morning. She has done so much for me and my family, I dread to think of what life would be like without her. My sympathies to you Deb.

donna

Old July 20th, 2004, 05:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I lost my beloved mother in 1997 to colon cancer that had spread to her lungs. I miss her.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old July 20th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Cruise Maniac

Whether you all realize it or not this post brightened my day. Not because of the grief which each of you feel in your losses, and my condolences for those, but by reminding me as I start this day that I am so very lucky to have my mother with me...and to be able to say she is truly, without a doubt, my very best friend. Thank you for the reminder not to take her for granted.
Old July 20th, 2004, 12:48 PM
Admiral

Dealing with family heath issues as I call it--- taking care of parents that are having problems --- and missing those that have passed-----my heart goes out to all-- Learning too how not to take things for granted and wish others would do the same-- my family member that is------- you dont know how good you have it until is gone----
Thoughts and prayes
April
Old July 20th, 2004, 11:18 PM
Mark&Deb

This is so true. My mom used to call me a million times a day (especially when we sat down to dinner!) how I miss those interruptions now. Sometimes when I look across the table @ Mark - I REALLY miss those interruptions (just kidding!)

Mark&Deb