Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2003, 06:12 PM
Passenger

Default Norwegian Coastal Voyages

We're considering Norwegian Coastal Voyages (NOT NCL) for our next cruise, but don't know where to get feedback. Has anyone taken a Norwegian Coastal Voyages cruise? We're thinking about the northbound cruise from Bergen to Kirkenes. Any advice? Looking for observations about ships, cabins, etc.

Radiance of the Seas
Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2003, 05:40 PM
Jana Jones

Default Re: Norwegian Coastal Voyages

Hi,

I went from Tromso to Bergen last year. I wrote a review of my experience, you can see it here: http://nbc17travel.com/cruises/finnmarken.htm

The Finnmarken is the most "cruiseship" like of all of the Millenium ships, with a pool and hot tub. It really was a neat trip, and some of the customer service problems have been worked out.

Jana
http://nbc17travel.com
Old August 28th, 2003, 06:06 PM
Hondo

Default Re: Norwegian Coastal Voyages

Hello:

Of all my travels, the one thing that I regret on not doing was to take the coastal ferry in Norway. I just ran out of time. I did make it to the Nordkapp and I hiked about 1/5 of the Kungsledden trail.

This was about 10 years ago, so most of the information that I have is outdated. The ferry is called Hutigrute and when I did a web search I came up with Hutigruten.com. In addition, the previous poster has a link. I haven't looked at it yet.

I would try to stay a couple extra days in Bergen along with the Lofoten (SP?) Islands. The fjords are also unreal. O.K. I'm rambling.

Sorry, not much help on the ships. Have a nice journey.

Matt
Old August 29th, 2003, 02:45 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Norwegian Coastal Voyages

Thanks! Jana, read your review and enjoyed it very much. Also read a few others posted on nbctravel17.com
Yes, it sounds like Bergen is worth spending time in...have relatives there, and many other places in Norway.
Eek, better get planning!