Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2003, 05:34 AM
Yeoman

Default Good Thursday Morning

To all of my fellow cruisemates here in FLA, do you feel like you should be growing fins and gills? We have been the reciepients of tropical depresion, storm or whatever it is now that is still out in the Gulf. More wet weather today. Only good thing is that we don't have to water lawns. 1 more wake-up till Fri. Jack, tried to do my clock last night but could'nt stay on due to storms. Will try again later. Anyway, counting down to the Grand on Dec 7 and its 94 days and counting. Have a great day and stay dry.
Anne
Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2003, 05:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.
Default Re: Good Thursday Morning

Good morning from Orlando where the weather service says this time they mean it when they say the rain is coming. The predicted monsoons of the last 2 days didn't materialize in the big way they predicted.
The first home football game of the season is tomorrow night and the concession stand is a big money maker for the band so hopefully the rain will be over by then.
Angela Z.
Old September 4th, 2003, 05:44 AM
Admiral

GMCM -...-

I have been watching Florida weather lately. I am very interested in tropical weather patterns right now. The thrill seeker in me has always wanted to see a hurricane. But my common sense tells me to leave those things alone! I don't relish the idea of driving through one's rain bands when we set out for Florida, next week. Sail away will be exciting enough without flying palm trees!

So I'm counting on you Floridians to chase those things away before I get there!

Have a great day, all--and stay dry!

Steve

Until Enchantment.
Until Inspiration
Sensation 2/03
Old September 4th, 2003, 05:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates. This morning I am going to my new job to try to learn the ropes a little. Then in the afternoon it's back to the old desk and Cruisemates.

Steve, hurricanes are not fun!

Everyone have a great Thursday.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old September 4th, 2003, 05:54 AM
Admiral

Good morning CruiseMates! I heard something very interesting on last night's news. ....they are predicting we are going to have a minimum of 6 days without rain! Now that is something I'd like to see! The weekend is supposed to be ideal! We have a wedding to attend so that would be most welcome. You all have a wonderful day.
Stay dry in Florida.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old September 4th, 2003, 06:27 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone from someone who has not seen any rain since the past weekend. The weather wizards were wrong about last weekends weather, I hope they have got this weekends predictions correct. To all of you Floridians, I hope that the tropical depression stays that way and it does not become hurricane Enre (not sure of the spelling). See ya on the boards.

Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)

Old September 4th, 2003, 06:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Guess my body clock doesn't know which way it's ticking. Woke up at 5 AM and couldn't get back to sleep. Ah well, a couple of days and I should be back to a normal pattern.

Sunny and balmy weather here in Calgary, with temps in the low 90s expected today. Normal average temp here for this time of year is maybe 70.

Hope the Florida folks don't get too drenched.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old September 4th, 2003, 06:55 AM
Admiral

Yes, the rains are still coming here in the drinking state with a voting problem. Best thing to do when it rains is head down to your favorite pub and dream of being on a cruise.

Regards,
Thomas
Old September 4th, 2003, 06:59 AM
First Mate

Good Morning Everyone!

Here in KY we have fog thick as butter. With all the rain we have been having it's not surprising. This should be our dry season. Im hearing a lot of cold winter predictions. As long as there are NO ice storms Im fine! True you don't have to water the lawns witht this kind of rain, just gonna take a machete to get through it !

Have a great day everyone and be safe!

Carnival Spirit

Old September 4th, 2003, 07:33 AM
Admiral

Good morning from WI where the weather is fair and cool. Supposed to have lows in the 40's tonight and then a warm up. We are very dry around here. Sure could use some of that rain.

Have a good one everybody.

Phyll

Old September 4th, 2003, 08:02 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from the Arizona desert, where we have yet another heat advisory today. The last couple of days have been 109 and 110 degrees. They say that maybe by mid-week next week we may be down to around 100 or so. Let's hope so, although, after Wednesday, I won't care. Next Thursday susancruzs and I head for Port Canaveral, and Saturday we board the Carnival Glory! Woo Hoo!

Old September 4th, 2003, 08:21 AM
Admiral

Mark that tropical storm or hurricane is spelled Henri, pronounced "Awree". I saw it on the news last night, and we're supposed to experience some of the remnants of it up here in Montreal (rain and thunderstorms today...) We haven't had much rain at all lately, so it'll be good for the lawns.
Off to work soon, only 2 more days of crying toddlers (and parents) before the weekend!

donna

Old September 4th, 2003, 08:24 AM
Admiral

Good Thursday morning from soggy Massachusetts. Has anyone found out where summer is hiding this year? I think we got in about 2 weeks of summer this season. Has anyone heard if Fabian hit Bermuda?
Old September 4th, 2003, 09:18 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Morning CMs, Its and H&H day down here in SE Florida. I was dripping by the time I finished my walk this morning. Seahunks, if you and Chris get stuck, please get in touch with us we have a guest bedroom and can accomodate you. The Lauderdale port is 1 1/2 hrs from us and Miami port is 2 hrs. We are near I 95, or the Florida turnpike. Have a good day all.

Jeanne & Ellis

Old September 4th, 2003, 09:34 AM
Admiral

Good morning CruiseMates,

It's still just a tropical depression (#12) out there in the Gulf, but it might become Tropical Storm Henri before making landfall today between Pensacola and Tampa. We sure could use a little more precipitation here in Central Florida! <BG>

We just booked another cruise today, giving us a short stack of two! Kuki made me do it! Yes, it will be the Baltic for us next year. Look elsewhere for my formal announcement.<S>

Have a good Thursday (Jeudi to you, Henri), everybody.

Jack
Old September 4th, 2003, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good late morning everyone! Gorgeous day here - nice and cool and sunny!