Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2003, 09:01 PM
Passenger

Default excersions for cozumel belize

help i am leaving in 4 days for my cruise on carnival to weatern please help if u can i can confused on what excersions i want to take thank u
Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2003, 10:43 PM
Admiral

Default Re: excersions for cozumel belize

Don't worry about it. You can wait until you get on board and go to the port talks. And, you can just wander around town in Coz ... it's very safe.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old September 10th, 2003, 06:03 AM
salem5050

When we were in Cozumel we did the Fiesta Party Boat excursion, it was so much fun, we are going back to Cozumel this March and are going to do same thing again!

Mary Margaret
Old September 10th, 2003, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Cozumel is a great place to snorkel. We went on a ship's excursion to the Palencaar Reef it was amazing!! If you want to just relax & chill out on the beach and maybe do a little snorkeling then i would suggest you hop a taxi to Channunkaub National Park - nice beach, souvenior shops, dolphin swim, mini-ruins, restaurants. If you are into history and ruins then a trip to Tulum would probably be a good idea. The shopping in Cozumel isn't that great, you can get some decent deals on gemstones.
Old September 10th, 2003, 12:11 PM
Admiral

We enjoyed the Tulum ruins tour. But it is very long.

If you just want to hang out and party, you could go to Carlos and Charlie's or Seņor Frog's.

Attend the port talk the day before you arrive in Cozumel and you'll get a lot of good information. The talk will be advertised in the newsletter that's left in your cabin each night.

Bon voyage!

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old September 10th, 2003, 01:07 PM
Admiral

The "standard" is beaching at Chankanaab, then wandering around San Miguel. Many people go to Coz just to dive (or snokel, or SNUBA) the Palancar Reef. Breathtaking.

Tulum is lovely, it's the only Mayan ruin facing on the ocean. I do not recommend it if the strait is rough and you tend toward seasickness. There's a jitney at Tulum so there's not a lot of walking. Lots of shopping.

When we were in Belize, we saw several big cruise ships anchored out. It was about a 45-minute run into Belize City from the ship. Each way. The "city" tour isn't worth it (IMHO) mostly just a shopping mall, every place selling the same thing.

I know Carnival does a trip to Bird Cay (we saw them there). Great snokeling (very shallow water) but I imagine it sells out fast. All transportation from cruise ships at Belize (that we could see) was done by local fast boat, not ship's boats.

Buen Viaje !!!