Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2003, 08:23 PM
tterry

Default embarassing moment

Just curious, what is your most embarassing moment on a cruise or what is the most embarassing moment that you have witnessed?
Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2003, 08:25 PM
Admiral

Default Re: embarassing moment

Probably the morning at the breakfast buffet when my husband flipped his entire tray of breakfast off the counter onto his shoes and all over the floor, breaking all the dishes, and turning his just-prepared omelette into toe jam!

donna

Old September 15th, 2003, 08:17 AM
First Mate

Oh no, ain't no way Im admitting to anything Someone might remember me!!!

Carnival Spirit

Old September 15th, 2003, 01:09 PM
Jeanne&Ellis

I'm with you Moon, don't want to embarass myslef any more than I was.

Old September 15th, 2003, 03:13 PM
MichelleM

The cabin steward came in while I was adjusting my swimsuit, I was without the top on at the moment. He profusely apologized and I blushed. I was watching the TV at the time and didn't hear him knocking so he assumed we were gone and was coming in to the morning service. My DH on the other hand thought it was the funniest thing he had ever witnessed and laughed his head off. Bad karma is a funny thing, he tripped while getting off the catamaran excursion and did a less then graceful swan dive later in the day.
Old September 15th, 2003, 03:47 PM
Admiral

Oh boy, I have a million stories because I am married to a real strange lady. Here it is and it's TRUE!
Sailing on the Carnival Spirit in 2002 we were doing a number of interviews and a inspection for a review of this class ship. I am supposed to know about ships and also you would think my wife does, after all, we are supposed to be pros, right? I note that our dining assignement is for second seating so after paying my respects to the Hotel Manager and some other Officers I head on off to the dining room to speak with the Maitre D' and have the times changed. I send my wife to the cabin telling her it is a balcony, cat 8 and room 8xxx. Off she goes. I do my thing and have some great conversations with crew and some passengers talking about Cruisemates and then go to my cabin...no wife there! Where can she be as it does not look like she has even been there and it is over an hour after I left her. As I go to leave my wife comes in with her head down mumbling something about I'm not going to believe it, okay, what? Seems she didn't bother to listen to me telling her the cabin # and went to cabin 40xx which is an inside on the lower deck and made herself at home thinking it was our cabin and that I had made a mistake about it being a balcony. She kicked off her shoes, read the card attached to the champange bottle and fortunately did not open it. She then put all her carry-on's away and laid down on the bed to take a bit of a nap. About a half hour later in walks a couple who want to know what in the heck she is doing in their cabin! Flustered she states this is her cabin and shows them the proof as it is listed on her S&S card as #40xx. The man looks at her like she is nuts, tells her that is her 'folio' number for her charge account and to please leave and take her toothbrush with her. <>. She has to go back to the Pursers desk where she had just been introduced as the wife of someone who supposedly knows something about ships and is reviewing this one and ask them where her cabin is. Yes the Cruise Director and I had lots of fun with this incident. <> And people wonder why I am confused!
Jim