Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 24th, 2003, 01:19 PM
Admiral

Default No money, no time!

With us it's either no money or no time for cruises. Right now it's no time! Yuk!!! Arrrrrggggghhhhh!

I'm going flippin' (o.k. so I know it's normal) crazy!!!

Regards,
Thomas
Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2003, 01:41 PM
Admiral

Default Re: No money, no time!

I've got a deal for you, Thomas old buddy! You've got the money and I've got the time. Therefore, you send me some money and in return I shall send you some of my time. I've actually got loads of time to spare.

It sounds like an fair exchange of resources to me. If you don't want to barter with actual dollars, I'll accept free meals! The only drawback that I can see here is the darned travel costs to Jax. Can you send me gasoline coupons or train tickets if you're keeping the cash? Btw, whoever said that "time is money"? {{double grin}}

Jack

Norwegian Dream
Baltic Sea, Aug.'04

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old September 24th, 2003, 02:11 PM
Admiral

You killing me Jack, how are you going to send me time? What, you washing dishes for the next week and a half? If so........................let's talk!

Better yet, you get Kim to wash dishes and I'll get Mrs. Thomas to cook and you and I are outa here!!!!

Regards,
Thomas
Old September 24th, 2003, 02:46 PM
First Mate

I'm tellin! ;-)

Robin

Costa Atlantica 3/2004
Brilliance 2/2005
Brilliance 2/2006
Brilliance 2/2007
Explorer 2/2008
Old September 24th, 2003, 03:04 PM
Admiral

Don't feel bad Thomas! Since we bought the house we have no money left and no time either! I am sure you will find the time somewhere to get on a cruise ship! I bet you go on one before the end of the year

Old September 24th, 2003, 03:57 PM
Happy Camper

Time seems to be the biggest draw back. I've not had the money before but if I had the time I still wind up somehow finding the money. But I can't seem to find the time! If someone could sell time they would be billionaires!!! Debbie
Old September 24th, 2003, 04:12 PM
Admiral

Sorry, Thomas, I can't get Kim to wash your dishes. She was a restaurant owner herself, for 12 years in Satellite Beach. No way we can persuade her to bus or wash pots & pans or any of those menial chores. She's stuck with me, yes, but she still has her dignity.

However, she might be tempted to manage your establishment for a couple of weeks while you, Mrs. Thomas and I sail from the port of Jacksonville. And Kim would probably settle for a third of the profits, a couple of Jaguar tickets and all the Alaskan crab legs she could handle. Do the Jags play the Bucs this season...at home? She simply loves her Bucs! Have your people call my people.<<BG>>

Jack

Norwegian Dream
Baltic Sea, Aug.'04

Old September 24th, 2003, 07:00 PM
Yeoman

Now boys,
Jack and Thomas, I got a great idea. I'll sail for both of you.Thomas, you pay for the cruise and Jack, you get kid duty and Kim and I will cruise and take Mrs Thomas with us. Now that sounds like a plan. Got Jeff at work as we speak to pay for the Alaska cruise.
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old September 25th, 2003, 06:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

I think Anne's plan sounds way better and of course I'd like to barge in on the plans!
Angela Z.
Old September 25th, 2003, 07:21 AM
Admiral

Now, now. If you girls want to be helpful, help Jack and me to cruise first then we might talk about you going some other time. If you're really good at providing us the time we might contribute to your fare...........................might!

Regards,
Thomas

P.S. And yes, Jack, the Jags play the Bucs on Sunday night, Nov. 30 at 8:30 p.m. here. Ought to be a real @ss whooopin' by the Bucs. We stink!!!!
Old September 25th, 2003, 07:52 AM
Yeoman

Thomas,
It's ladies first. Angela, the more the merrier. The Dec cruise is a "chicks" cruise so definately need another one after that. Let's see Thomas, a 14 day cruise would be sufficent or a cruise on the new Queen Mary. We're not too fussy and we'll let Mrs Thomas pick. Now that's a good idea. You guys stay home and watch football and all of us ladies will cruise.
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old September 25th, 2003, 08:07 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks

Hey, Thomas.....

Just wanted to bug you a bit.

From the looks of things IŽll be booking TWO cruises soon.

<snicker>,

karen
Old September 25th, 2003, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Aaaarrrrrrrrggggghhhh!!!!! You're not my friend anymore! <wink>

Regard,
Thomas
Old September 25th, 2003, 08:24 AM
Admiral

Thomas, do you ever get the feeling that we may be winning a few piddling skirmishes but the war is slippimg away from us rapidly? We were developing a workable plan for our self gratification (the cruising kind), and now the uninvited sisterhood is trying to take over the controls. We'll simply have to come up with a better way to get you cruising while avoided the interim downfall of your dining enterprise. As it stands, you continue to slave away in the kitchen amd I get the KP assignment. In the meantime, several ladies of dubious reputation cruise off into the sunset with your profits. We can do better than that! Stay tuned. <S>

Think seriously of joining us next year for our Scandinavian/German/Russian cruise on the Dream. We have four and possibly six people already, and you two would be a most welcome addition. Really!

Jack

Norwegian Dream
Baltic Sea, Aug.'04

Old September 25th, 2003, 08:50 AM
Admiral

rah, rah Sisterhood!!!!!!
Old September 25th, 2003, 09:33 AM
Admiral

I can only dream.

Regards,
Thomas
Old September 25th, 2003, 10:07 AM
susancruzs

Hmmmmm, I've got the time, definitely running out of money and I hate to cook and wash dishes so I guess I can't help that much! Also I'm in Illinois so that leaves me out!

Not having a cruise booked is the pitts, but how about a girls cruise! You guys work and let the girls cruise! Jennifer and I thought a chicks cruise would be a fun thing to do sometime and leave the guys at home!!! :-)

Susie
Old September 25th, 2003, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Oh Geeeez, if I'm not missing money, or missing the time, now I have the women trying to keep me from cruising. The voices in my head are telling me I need to come visit some of these people. <wink>

Regards,
Thomas
Old September 25th, 2003, 08:11 PM
Yeoman

Thomas,
Hang in there. Go watch the ships sail out. We have the joy of driving past the port in Tampa quite frequently and the kids can see the "whale tale" (Carnival) from the highway. This helps to reinforce the " I need a cruise" mood. Works quite well. Right now I'm suffering from lack of time also. Need my cruise bad. Jennifer, just let me know if you ever want to do a cruise out of Tampa. Angela, that's just as close for you as port Canveral. I'm sure we could coax Jack to bring Kim over and we'll figure out a way for Mrs Thomas to join us. Ray B, close for you to bring Helen too. All of you other ladies out there also. Send the bill to Thomas and a list of chores to Jack. Ok, enough kidding. It's getting late and the rain is making my brain feel like mush. Jack, the computer world has now been joined by my parents. thanks again for all your help. Mom sent her first email tonight

Anne

Caribbean Princess