Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 28th, 2003, 11:12 AM
Admiral

Default Voyage to Enchantment III.

If the door made any sound as it opened, it was drowned by our gasps.
"Holy cow! Look at the size of this place!"
"Are you sure this is our room?" Chris asked, doubting her own eyes.
"It's a cabin," I corrected. "The number corresponds to our tickets and our key opened the door."
"But it's bigger than the hotel rooms we stayed in!"
"You said it might be big, but you didn't say anything about a refrigerator," Judy said. I had not seen the fridge, yet. It was hidden behind the pile of carryons on my lap.
"I had no idea." I said.
"Quick! Let's get in there before they realize they've cheated themselves." Chris was anxious.

We all tried to squeeze through at once, wheelchair, lapfull of carryons and all. I lost. I had to let the ladies go first, after all. There just wasn't sufficient turning radius to align myself with the doorway.
"I'll have to walk in," I told the girls, already in the room, continuing to ooh and ahh over each newly noticed detail.
"Oh, I'm sorry!" said Chris as she hustled back to the door to clear the carryons from my lap.
"Nothing to be sorry about," I told her as I locked the brakes.

Before I could stand, "Here! Let me help you," spoken by a completely new voice. As yet unseen hands lifted the rear of the chair, spun it round, and pushed me through the door, with barely enough time to release the brakes.
"Welcome aboard, folks! I'm your stateroom attendant, Ricardo. If you need anything, I'm around. Don't hesitate...Is something wrong, mam?" He noticed the bewildered look on Chris's face.
"Well, not really, but I think we're getting much more than we paid for in terms of space.
He laughed. "Everybody says that about this one. It has a roll-in bathroom and up to 4 berths."
An unexpected king size bed was head against the cabin's aft bulkhead, and parallel to a large picture window.
"Where's my bed?" asked Judy.
Ricardo indicated a ceiling panel above the loveseat. A wrenchlock could be seen at each end of one side of the rectangle. An additional similar rectangle was located directly over the head of the king bed.

"I'll fold it down for you a little later. Don't worry, you'll find it quite comfortable." He assured her.
"I'm sure I will. I've always kind of liked bunk beds." She smiled.
"Again, if you folks need ANYthing," he emphasized with a sweep of his hand, "let me know. And don't forget that the Windjammer on Deck 9 will start serving lunch in about 20 minutes, or so. Enjoy your cruise!"
"I have no doubt we will." I told him.
As soon as he closed the door, Chris said, "Quick, Steve. Before he comes back and says it's a mistake, do your thing. Make it ours!"

I grabbed a cane and rose from the chair. I entered the bathroom. I closed the lid. With the bathroom door open, and with all due pomp, circumstance, and gravity--not to mention a degree of pretense--I intoned: "On behalf of my wife, her sister, and myself, I claim cabin 3606 aboard Royal Caribbean's Enchantment of the Seas for our use and enjoyment for the next 5 days." I pushed the button. With a swirl and a hiss--Baaaaaawooosh!--the cabin was ours. Chris and Judy laughed and applauded.

Post Edited (09-28-03 14:39)
Sponsored Links
Old September 28th, 2003, 02:01 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Voyage to Enchantment III.

"Baaaawooooosh!" Now that's the way to start a cruise! Can't wait for the Windjammer cafe!

donna

Old September 28th, 2003, 02:33 PM
Admiral

To this day I could have sworn you said "Kaaaaawooosh". {{wink}} I'll just have to go searching for your first story. Now I have drool coming from my mouth, Robin says that I look like a rabid dog. Now more than ever I can't wait for Brilliance.

Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)

Old September 28th, 2003, 04:03 PM
Yeoman

Ah yes, you have seen the joys of deck 3. We were able to fit 4 of us and a ton of luggage complete with snorkling equipment, beach toys and a boogie board in quite nicely. Also fit a stroller and assorted snacks and box of adult beverages. Our cabin steward was Roger, We were further twords the bow but still had generous room.
Can't wait to hear more
Anne
Enchantment March2003

Caribbean Princess
Old September 29th, 2003, 07:32 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Voyage to Enchantment III.

Thank you for letting me revisit the Enchantment! I loved her and some day I think we cruise on her again. I had a cabin to myself and it was quite large also. I was on the same deck as the Internet cafe Did you make pictures? My cabin steward was outstanding. Never saw them clean my cabin but it was always done. Like magic...

Old September 29th, 2003, 08:40 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

AHHHHH..... thanks for the "fix" Steve. You do have a way with words, I think i will always think of you whenever we Baaawooosh!! You and Chris sound like a great couple, hope someday we might , meet. Ellis and i also have our little toast we do, but nothing as flambouyant as yours. I will try to be more patient for the next installment. You have me checking into the web site all day just to see if you have continued yet! Thanks!

J&E

Summit 3/15/04

Old September 29th, 2003, 10:52 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks

Baaaaaawooosh! That cracked me up! IŽll have to remember that and make it the "toilet tradition" when I cruise.

CanŽt wait for the next part!

karen
Old September 29th, 2003, 11:43 AM
Joyful

We followed a similiar pattern when we arrived in our Sovereign of the Seas cabin in August. The only difference was that it was my 11 year old son who did the flushing, followed by his running and jumping on the nearest bed and shouting (not too loude, thankfully) "Fire in the hole!!". This occured each and everytime he flushed from that point forward.

Thanks for your installments, waiting for the next........

Your fellow Ohioan,

Joyful
Old September 29th, 2003, 03:02 PM
Admiral

So far, your story is charming, Steve! I can't wait to hear more!

Cruisemates - consider hiring this man!

Cheers,
Michelle B.