Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 28th, 2003, 05:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default brillance of the seas

I am sailing on the Brillance soon. Any Tips or suggestions? How was entertainment?
Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2003, 06:27 AM
Admiral

Default Re: brillance of the seas

Sally: You are in for a real treat! Brilliance was awesome. We did a 10-day last March and I found the entertainment to be a bit weak in the first half of the cruise. It did pick up by mid-cruise. As far as tips....the Seaview Cafe is a must. It is tucked away on the top deck and they have the best milkshakes and burgers. Their crab salad is great too.
They are only open a few hours a day. Check it out! If you have any specific questions, please ask.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old September 29th, 2003, 08:53 AM
susancruzs

Ask away, Brilliance of the Seas was wonderful! My kind of ship, lots of windows, light, airy, classy looking!

I agree with ML, the entertainment started off a little slow but got better! We had the Drifters and John Davidson onboard so it will depend on who they are contracting for your cruise! The shows with their singers/dancers were o.k., too.

The buffet area is very good and definitely try the SeaView! It is tricky to find but worth the trip! You have to pay for your drink but not the food, I did see people carry ice tea from the regular buffet area. I had a caesar salad that way absolutely to die for, crisp, fresh, wonderful! Onion rings were super, too! :-)

Check out the whole ship, we were on for 10 days and discovered a nice little bar area towards the end of our cruise! Turns out our table mates were going there before dinner every evening!

Enjoy your cruise!
Old September 30th, 2003, 07:08 AM
Admiral

Sally: You may think this is a really silly thing...but Brilliance had the BEST french fries I've ever eaten! I HAD to have them every day! Try them.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013