CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Poll: What is your screen saver? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/265477-poll-what-your-screen-saver.html)

Thomas January 12th, 2004 09:50 PM

Poll: What is your screen saver?

How many of you have screen savers, or wallpaper, on your computer which relates to cruising or islands?

My wallpaper is a shot of a Polynesian Air (I think) flying over a coral reefed island, and my screen saver is multiple shots of islands from around the world. I got them all from webshots.com

Regards,
Thomas

belgique January 12th, 2004 10:13 PM

Re: Poll: What is your screen saver?

A Caribbean scene - looks a lot like Princess Cays or Half Moon Cay - beautiful blue water, beach, palm trees. Makes me forget I'm freezing and crabby most of the time.

Tweety January 12th, 2004 10:18 PM

I'm looking at Blue water, a wonderful beach and lots of palm trees.

StevieSegel January 12th, 2004 10:57 PM

I have a dolphin pic as wall paper....reminder of swimming with dolphins in Acapulco.

I use WebShots, so every time I see a new tropical beach pic, I download it to my screensaver :)

richard January 12th, 2004 11:32 PM

Thomas,
For the last while I just had a boring old wallpaper of the Radiance among the bergy-bits at Hubbard Glacier (taken while we were there). But since it's winter I upgraded to one of the Monarch of the Seas in warmer climes<G>

Actually both my desktop and laptop at work have cruise wallpapers too :-)

richard

62 days till the Monarch!

Delron January 13th, 2004 12:18 AM

Re: Re: Poll: What is your screen saver?

mine has a picture of Carnival Victory which we set sail on this sunday.

Seahunks January 13th, 2004 04:38 AM

Mine is a picture taken in the wheelhouse of the Explorer of the Seas. The photog was standing directly behind the yoke-pod (wheel, tiller) and looking forward on the centerline of the ship toward the navigation consoles. It just screams, "get to sea as soon as I can." If anyone wants the website, email me.

Steve

crusin4fun January 13th, 2004 05:11 AM

MIne is of the Carnival Destiny. I usaully change it to whatever my next trip will be. ??Hopefully I'll have the Superbowl logo on when I get back from my cruise<G>

Set2cruz January 13th, 2004 06:32 AM

Thomas, your joking right? {{grin}} I have what most people on this site do. Cruise related wallpaper and screensavers. The wallpaper cycles every hour or two. All from Webshots.

carrie January 13th, 2004 07:52 AM

My wallpaper on my computer at home is a picture of the Navigator of the Seas pulling out of Miami, very cool picture!

My wallpaper on my computer at work is a Thomas Kinkade postcard, very peacful!

sue January 13th, 2004 08:08 AM

Re: Re: Re: Poll: What is your screen saver?

Mine is a picture of our last visit to germany..my aunt holding our daughters in her arms on each side......

rollerdonna January 13th, 2004 08:13 AM

Ours used to be all steam trains (husband's other obsession). Now it's all cruise ship webshots, with the occasion steam train. Love those tropical beach shots in January!

donna

MichelleP January 13th, 2004 08:48 AM

My screen saver is various pictures of cruise ships.

For nearly all last year my wallpaper was a picture of the Millennium. Now it's a picture from our wedding ceremony. When we book our next cruise, though, I'll probably put up a picture of the ship. Reminds me of what I'm working towards.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Donna January 13th, 2004 09:19 AM

I'm still looking at Radiance of the seas, but would love to change it to Voyager. If anyone has a good pic of Voyager, let me know and I can finally change mine, thanks :-)

PapaBill January 13th, 2004 09:28 AM

The calendar on my wall is usually blue water or cruising related. My computer wallpaper? A photo of all three of my girls and all 4 of my grandchildren. Would you expect any less?

Jason January 13th, 2004 10:34 AM

My screen saver is a couple splashes of coffee a finger smudge or 2 and a few ink marks. I refer to it as a personal abstract…kind of like looking through a forest to see the the lettering.

Trip January 13th, 2004 10:59 AM

Mine is like Mike's, pictures of my new grandson, hey Donna, you have to do this too with Nathan:)..It used to be a tropical beach....Trip/Monday Chat Host

Angela Z. January 13th, 2004 01:21 PM

During high school football/marching band season we had a picture of the band director to which my husband added "Eric says practice everyday" just to taunt our kids. Now our screen saver is a picture of our friend in the navy who's stationed in Bahrain in his desert camoflouge complete with helmet and all the accessories.
Angela Z.

UConn1 January 13th, 2004 04:19 PM

My wall paper is of 3 ships in port in Grand Cayman that I took in May 2002.

Wouldn't have it any other way.
Jodi

Post Edited (01-13-04 16:24)

UConn1 January 13th, 2004 04:25 PM

This is it - hope it works. It got a little blurry with the resizing.

Jodi

Post Edited (01-13-04 16:26)

http://12.129.101.60/forum/attachmen...chat/91720.jpg

Donna January 13th, 2004 04:42 PM

Trip,
What a great idea, will work on that asap, tks.

Dorothy January 13th, 2004 04:43 PM

Wallpaper is a LOVELY sunset photo of the sailing Fantasy! What else?

Ssreen saver I turn over to my son and it's always some kind of reptile. I guess to keep the 4 reptiles we have in his room company. :)

dorothy

candymaker January 13th, 2004 08:50 PM

A sunset that I took on my last cruise is my wallpaper. Will probably find a new picture to change it to on my next cruise.

Post Edited (01-13-04 20:51)

Thomas January 14th, 2004 06:59 AM

Nice picture Jodi, is that the Island Princess next to the Triumph? The third ship looks like a Costa ship.

Regards,
Thomas