Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 6th, 2003, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Default Your favorite shore excursion.

What's your favorite shore excursion?

For us it's the bus tours. Oh sure, we like snorkeling, and laying in a hammock on the beach, or boat rides but we'll take the tour bus first to learn about the area and let someone else do the driving.

Regards,
Thomas
Sponsored Links
Old October 6th, 2003, 12:29 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Your favorite shore excursion.

Anything that involves, sailing, snorkeling, and the beach.
Old October 6th, 2003, 12:46 PM
Admiral

If I am going somewhere I've never been before and that I'm not likely to go back to, I like to do as comprehensive a tour as the day allows (whether organized or on our own). Otherwise if the water is clear and blue and the weather is cooperating we both love to swim and snorkel and don't mind if there is a little sailing involved in doing that.
As we return more often to certain places we tend to do beach and sun on our own.
Old October 6th, 2003, 12:50 PM
Admiral

I like any shore excursion that introduces us to the history of a place. Ruins tours, fort tours, historic home tours - I'm a big history buff and love to hear about how places have a connection to the past.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old October 6th, 2003, 01:24 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I love sailing/swimming excursions, whether on my own or through the ship.

Old October 6th, 2003, 03:05 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Your favorite shore excursion.

Michelle is after my heart! <> History is also my favorite and that is why a trip to some ruins is always welcome but by far the best tour I have done so far was to Edinburgh, History abounds! That was from a ship BTW, otherwide it has been tours I have taken in London with Westminister Abbey and the Tower of London being at the very top of that list. Hoping for tours in the Med someday to see the Roman ruins as well as Greece and Turkey.
Jim

Old October 6th, 2003, 06:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I actually have a few "favorites", first would be snorkeling with the sting rays, what a thrill, scary for a few moments then just plain awesome. I also enjoyed the America's Cup Regatta, certainly a learnng expierence and so much fun and hard work, but would do that again...we recently did the BOB and that was just plain cool and we had a riot on the Rhino boats in St. Maarten....

Next one I'm looking forward to is cave tubing in Belize, we'll see how that compares to this list??

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 6th, 2003, 11:57 PM
n2hairstylz

Ive only been been on one cruise so far ,but for us was swimming with the dolphins.AWESOME
Old October 7th, 2003, 03:12 PM
First Mate

I would have to say the helicopter rides we've taken when we cruised in Hawaii; and also the Atlantis Submarine ride; and I can't forget the luaus. Looking at my comments, I see why I'm always booking an Hawaii cruise. Also, all the beach and snorkeling tours are a priority with us. We hardly ever take a shopping tour, which makes my husband extremely happy. I'd much rather be on a beach or in the ocean, than shopping in a store.
Happy Cruising.....Anita