Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2003, 03:02 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks
Default Goooood Morning!

What does everyone think of the "Terminator" becoming governor of California? The coverage here has been incredible. It seemed there was as much as for the US presedential elections. The coverage wasnīt too good either. Nothing really about what he wanted to achieve except to get CA out of debt. Most of it was about his bodybuilding and acting career, his legend as a groper, his comments about Hitler and about his roots in Austria.

Our storm moved through and another is expected for this afternoon. Iīve already spent 1.5 hours in the yard cleaning up plants, branches, etc. that were knocked down. Thought it was time for a coffee break and decided to say good morning to you all before cleaning up the rest. I might even be able to get the lawn mowed if the grass dries up a bit more.

Hope everyone has a great HUMP day!

karen
Sponsored Links
Old October 8th, 2003, 04:20 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Goooood Morning!

Good morning Karen and all who follow. Now what's wrong with this picture. It's 5AM and I'm awake. Not exactly what I would call good planning.

Anyway, it's gonna be a beautiful day here on Long Island today and I'm looking forward to that.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old October 8th, 2003, 04:47 AM
Admiral

GMCM-...-

Wow! The Governator is a bit reminiscent of the Stalone movie, "The Demolition Man."
Remember Stalones' reaction to hearing that Arnold was president? It will be interesting to see what happens with him at the helm. A 65-70% electoral turnout is amazing! 54% for Arnold! "Hasta la vista, Davis!"

Have a great day, all.

Steve

Until Inspiration
Sensation 2/03
Enchantment 9/03
Old October 8th, 2003, 05:55 AM
Admiral

I am so tired, I think I'll pick up this series again in game 4, I need some rest. Good morning everyone.

Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)

Old October 8th, 2003, 06:17 AM
Admiral

Good morning folks. Today promises to be a very longgggggggg day. I'm having one of those days where we stay at the office until we've worked out all the bugs in a new payroll program........I could be here forever! Sure hope I get out in time to go to Baltimore on Saturday! Have a great day folks. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
Hey, check out the Cruise Boutique on the home page. The long awaited CruiseMates T-Shirts are now available. Be among the first to get yours.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old October 8th, 2003, 06:29 AM
Admiral

Good morning CruiseMates,

Well, the Californians have spoken their piece. Now we'll have to wait and see if Mr. T(erminator) can do something about their state's credit rating and give-away programs.
Good luck, Golden-Staters! You're gonna need it. Maybe a left-leaning Republican is just what you've been waiting for.

My hat's off to the Cubbies & Fishies for a most entertaining first game. I'm exhausted, and happy for our Marlins. But I've gotta hand it to Sammy for coming through when the game was on the line. Now we have to suffer along with the Red Sox (my other team) tonight. We need some good news (and maybe a miracle or two), Bambino!

Have a good hump day, everyone.

Jack

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old October 8th, 2003, 07:22 AM
Admiral

Here's one Floridian who is pulling for the Sox. I've been asked a dozen times who I'm pulling for in the Marlins/Cubs series and I can't decide. One half of me wants the Cubs to finally win something, the other half wants the losing streak to continue. The losing streak is part of baseball tradition, part of baseball lore, and we need the "lovable losers" to remain losers.

Good morning all.

Regards,
Thomas
Old October 8th, 2003, 07:27 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Goooood Morning!

Good morning.............I am in a depressed mood and went to bed last night at 5pm....My wound doctor called and I still have an infection in my left B.open wound. He is putting me on antibiotics for 7 days...different one since this is not a staph infection<thank God> I am so sick of this and I just want to put my head in the sand...................when will this ever end?I feel so discouraged.............................

Old October 8th, 2003, 07:43 AM
Yeoman

Hang in there Sue,
Find a focus point of something that gets you through the day. I have ship pictures scattered around, find some shamu pictures to remind you of vacation. We are pulling for you. Today was walk to school day so at 7:15 am my oldest and I set out for what I thought would be a nice quiet walk ( and quick) to school. Turns out it was quite the event. Had the sheriff' dept. there. Kids marched holding a banner, news crew was there Am I glad I didn't wear my old T shirt and pj bottoms. Got home at 8:15 with dh waiting to swap places with watching my little one who decided today was the day to come down with a stomache bug at 5am. What fun. 59 days and counting
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old October 8th, 2003, 08:10 AM
Cruise Maniac

"Happy Day" everyone !

Nothing exciting here in Kansas - granddaughter (2 yrs) baked us some cookies yesterday and delivered them last night. So cute! Makes my heart purrrrrr.

Hang in there Sue - try not to get too depressed. Close your eyes and pretend you're leaning over the ships rail, hearing the waves splash up on the side of the ship! Oh what a wonderful sound !!!!
Old October 8th, 2003, 08:18 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates. I am coming down with a cold.

~ Sue - these pictures in the photo gallery might cheer you - it's what you are looking forward to at Christmastime.

~ It will be interesting to see how Schwarzenegger does as governor of CA. He's got a tough road ahead of him.

~ Glad to see Orlandoans defeated the sales tax to dig up all our major roads at once. We definitely need a traffic solution, I just don't think that was the right one.

Everyone have a super hump day. I've got Friday off so it's just today and tomorrow to get through until the weekend...

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old October 8th, 2003, 08:38 AM
Admiral

Aww, Michelle, how sweet of you to post those lovely photos for Sue. I'm sure they'll help her feel better! I wish I could post some photos of Fall here in Montreal (if only I had a digital camera!). It's a beautiful day, supposed to go up to 21C (69F), which is a nice change from the frigid week we just had. I will take some pictures, but by the time I finish the film, get them developed, and scan and post them, there will probably be snow on the ground!

donna

Old October 8th, 2003, 08:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates. Warm temps beginning to fade in Calgary. We may see 60 F the next couple of days.

Tell tales yesterday of winter not too far of in the distance. Golfed yesterday and their were leaves everywhere, and naked trees that were full only a few days ago.

Old October 8th, 2003, 08:57 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Hump Day to All,

Hang in there Sue, these thing take time, we are here for you so don't give up.
Michelle nice pics, I also agree about that tax that was voted down. Seems if there is anything that needs fixing Florida has this 'well lets add a tax' attitude! Sometimes I wonder maybe we should have a state tax and then maybe we wouldn't always be fighting about adding another one. Guess I will push the iron around this morning. Have great day and keep smiling!

Old October 8th, 2003, 09:27 AM
Admiral

Thnaks for the kind words guys ....

Michelle thank you for the link. I am looking forward to our trip.However if my wound is not closed by then I can not go into the water.In June the doctor said 6-10 weeks. Now the wound doctor tells us 6 weeks< 2 weeks ago>

Tonight we are going to the wake of the little boy that died in the car wreck. This will just add to my depression. Sometimes I just don't know how to turn anymore............

Old October 8th, 2003, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisemates

Dropped my car off for the 60,000 mile tune up this morning. Even though it's going to cost me a cruise, it's worth it when I look at the prices of new cars. Just going to keep this little baby going.

As I was driving back home, I noticed that we have a lot of brown trees. Seems that the drought we've had and the early hard frost is going to wreck havoc with our usually beautiful fall colors. What color we have is really looking pretty.

Sue, hang in there. My heart goes out to you today.

Take care all

Phyll

Old October 8th, 2003, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Good morning --- Ok so I live in CA-- no real comment on our new govenor---playing the wait and see game-----
It does look like its going to be a great day here--- even with the full moon on its way-- it does strange things to some people--lol--
Hope all is well with everyone--
Cheers all and have a great day----
April
Old October 8th, 2003, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Donna, wish I could take credit for the photos but they're not mine. I just searched the photo gallery (thanks, staff, for the search function!) and found them.

~ Sue - you're in my prayers today...

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Post Edited (10-08-03 11:17)
Old October 8th, 2003, 12:19 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good afternoon everyone. It is a gorgeous day here - just wish I could enjoy it more. I'm getting a chest cold with less than 18 days til my cruise.....man, why does this always happen??? <whine>

Hope everyone has a great day!

Old October 8th, 2003, 02:48 PM
Admiral

Michelle and others just a quick positive update..My husband called the doctor and inquired about the antibiotis. He asked him if it was truly neccessary..the doctor said NO! he said it was just a precaution because there was a very small amount of bacteria. Than the doctor asked if the wound was closing etc etc and my husband said yes.So the doctor said to wait another week, monitor it and to see him next week to do another culture.So thats good news and I thank you for the Prayers..because Prayers do work! Plus the place I want to volunteer at called me today and we made an appointment in 2 weeks for an interview..things are looking up!

Old October 8th, 2003, 03:21 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Goooood Morning!

That's good news, Sue! I hope things continue to look up for you.

Cheers,
Michelle B.