Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 9th, 2003, 08:55 AM
Admiral

Default Poll: Special diet on cruises?

When you go cruising do you stick to your eating habbits or just pig out? I for one are on a low carb diet and would continue this on the ship. Even the great cakes I would skip....but I would add more steaks and fish to my diet during the time on the ship...........

Sponsored Links
Old October 9th, 2003, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Poll: Special diet on cruises?

No Way! that's one of the great perks of a cruise the gastronomical delights. I don't pig-out but i do enjoy all courses!
Old October 9th, 2003, 10:25 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

I EAT!!!! Thats why I diet for months before we leave. Yummmm past the croissants please! I'll have 2 dessserts tonight thank you very much. Thank heavens for muu-muus!
Jeanne

Old October 9th, 2003, 12:19 PM
Shipbound

Sue I'm with you when it comes to eating a healthy diet. You know the old saying " you
are what you eat"

Gary.
Old October 9th, 2003, 12:31 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks

I closely watch what I eat. I didnīt for awhile, started to resemble a hot water heater and am now losing it. Forty pounds are gone and another twenty to go. Knowing how hard it is to lose, I think Iīd stick to watching what I eat even if on a cruise.

"Learned my lesson."

<sigh>

karen
Old October 9th, 2003, 12:50 PM
Shipbound

Good for you cruisingks. If everybody had better eating habits and did some kind of
cardovasicular training the rewards would be great.

Gary
Old October 9th, 2003, 12:59 PM
Admiral

I usually eat better and healthier foods on the cruise than I do at home. There is just something about having someone else cut up all the salad fixings and the fruit that make it more enjoyable. Now if I could just get myself to stay away from the delicious breakfasts I'd do ok. Hard to eat cereal with all the other choices available.

Phyll

Old October 9th, 2003, 02:00 PM
Starfighter

I think I answered this on the earlier post about exercise. I am on a low carb diet and never vary from it. If I cheated on my diet, I'd only be cheating myself. If I cheated on it once, that would just make it easier to cheat on it again, and again. That how you build bad habits. A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips. I couldn't permit that and I'd never hear the end of it from my Jazzercise instructor. Later.
Old October 9th, 2003, 08:48 PM
Admiral

I am one of those people that you all love to hate: I can eat anything, anytime, as much as I want, and never gain an ounce! I have always been skinny, and although I've "filled out" a little in my 40's, I'm still way within the ideal weight guidelines. Sorry, but it's true, so when I go on a cruise, I love to eat, and don't have to "work it off" afterwards.
OK, so you hate me.....

donna

Old October 9th, 2003, 08:52 PM
Admiral

I don't hate you, Donna. Envy you, yes, but hate you, no! ! I try to stick pretty much to my regular eating habits, which, bu the way, have improved a lot the last year or so, but I also try things that I would never have the opportunity to try at home.

Old October 11th, 2003, 12:23 AM
Bunny

When I was on the AOS, I did easliy manage to stay low carbing, there are so many choices. I did endulge in a little ice cream and an occasional sugar free dessert, which to all of you who think this is skimping, have you ever had low carb products? I have some candies and cookies and brownies that taste the same as the " high carb" ones.
Sue, I brought some of my snacks onboard and had no problems. In December I have asked my TA and she said they might prepare some low carb items for me if I asked. I plan on bringing some 1 carb a sice bread.
My friend also was on the diet and our waiter brought things to us that were appropriate. Did you see Breyers has carb smart ice cream? Quite yummy!

Also an added note, low carbers are not deprived or ever hungry, only regular dieters suffer from that, we can eat until we are full! Just because we do not eat lots of sugar or junk, just means we fill up on real food. And we are not talking rabbit food here either! I love my steaks and bacon and eggs are in! As are veggies, all forms of proteins and legumes and some fruits! Deprived? Yeah right!
Old October 11th, 2003, 06:18 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Poll: Special diet on cruises?

Bunny thank you for the info! No I did not see the new Breyers ice cream yet but will take a look next time I go shopping. I have to watch my sugars also which have greatly improved on this diet. Please if you remember let me know if they do make low carb stuff for you on your next cruise! Are you still trying to get rid of some pounds? I am still trying to get rid of 40lbs and this body takes forever ...and ever. Feel free to e-mail me if you like.....