Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2003, 06:04 AM
Admiral

Default non cruise related..very touching

Lavish funeral honors life of boy killed in wreck

http://www.sun-herald.com/NewsArchiv...ry=tp1ch22.htm

Post Edited (10-10-03 06:05)
Old October 10th, 2003, 06:52 AM
Admiral

Default Re: non cruise related..very touching

This is very touching, Susanne. It's ironic that a boy so taken with NASCAR would die in a car wreck! Last week in the Orlando area, four high school kids played hooky from high school to go "4-wheeling" with a 16-year-old student who had received her driving license only two days before. She was speeding in her open-top Jeep when she lost control and the vehicle overturned.

The front-seat passenger, a 15-year-old star of the girls' softball team at Apopka High, was killed despite wearing a seatbelt. The three children in back, none of whom wore seatbelts, were ejected from the car but survived with many injuries. The driver was barely injured. It often seems that kids treat cars as if they were made for racing. I wonder where they get that idea? I'm sorry that you had to go to the funeral of a good boy who died so young, Sue. It's too bad that this kind of tragedy happens so frequently!

Jack

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old October 10th, 2003, 06:53 AM
Yeoman

Thanks, Sue...very touching. Makes us wonder about our own mortality.....
Ed..
Old October 10th, 2003, 07:58 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks

What a tragic story. Thank you for sharing.

karen
Old October 10th, 2003, 08:05 AM
Admiral

How touching, but sounded like a wonderfully orchestrated send-off to a very special boy. I'll bet he was there in spirit, enjoying the whole procession, especially the NASCAR. Thanks for sharing Sue.

donna

Old October 10th, 2003, 09:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

This is so sad.....my heart goes out to his sister, the one driving. I hope they offer help for her. Cannot imagine what she's going through.

When my daughter was 15, she and 5 of her friends were driving.....fast. Needless to say, the boy driving wrecked the car. One boy was killed, 2 ended up with broken necks (including my daughter) and other multiple injuries. PLUS, our other daughter was the first to come up on the wreck and my husband (paramedic) was the first official on the scene. Very tramedic for all of us. Our daughter is now 23 and is in the nursing field. When a storm moves in our area, she can really feel it in her neck.

My heart and prayers go out to this family.....
Old October 10th, 2003, 12:02 PM
Admiral

I struggle to find the words to say after reading that article. It was a beautiful tribute to that boy. I too hope his family will be able to heal after all of this, and his sister to get all the help she will need to cope with what has happened. May their faith carry them through this difficult time in their lives.

Phyll

Old October 10th, 2003, 05:36 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: non cruise related..very touching

Thanks guys..this is a tough one for me also. I have another best friend and her name is Kathy too...Her oldest son drove a car years back and had a accident too, killing his youngest brother, her youngest son. My best friend struggled for years but her faith brought her to a place of rest and peace. Her oldest son found peace somewhat also. I find it odd to know two people close to me that had the same thing happening. I did suggest that in time they can talk to one another since my best friend knows exactly what the other one is going through.
I stopped at the grave today with my kids and it made me sad to see.But I know he is in heaven and I thank the Lord I have the faith...otherwise I would question life itself.....