CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Am I a Dork? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/265671-am-i-dork.html)

Thomas October 15th, 2003 01:15 PM

Am I a Dork?

For wearing an Hawaiian shirt, with shorts, no socks, and tennis shoes?

Regards,
Thomas (who is paranoid now after reading some posts)

Jeanne&Ellis October 15th, 2003 01:29 PM

Re: Am I a Dork?

No Thomas, that is the way we all look in Florida! Except maybe flip flops instead of tennis shoes.

cap'nkruzer October 15th, 2003 01:41 PM

Thomas...
I read that the dork look is:
1. Hawaiian shirt
2. shorts
3. kneesocks
4. sandals
Your choice of dress (oops..attire) is OTAY!! ;-))
SSaFWs..ED

LisaK October 15th, 2003 01:43 PM

that sounds fine to me its the socks & sandals that scream dork & tourist!

Thomas October 15th, 2003 01:47 PM

Whew!!!!!...................................

Regards,
Thomas

Donna October 15th, 2003 01:48 PM

Hey Thomas,
I totally agree with Lisa, the socks and sandals just gotta go, that spells dork in a big way to me, so you are fine with the tennis shoes stockless :-)

pamda October 15th, 2003 01:56 PM

Yes, Thomas, you ARE a dork. However, what you wear has nothing to do with it.

pamda. taking revenge for Thomas' refusal to go to his room when properly ordered so to do -- and with full realization that her "Get One Crab Free" card has been revoked.

Lisa October 15th, 2003 01:57 PM

As long as you don't wear socks with the flip flops or tennies, then you are NOT a dork!

Thomas October 15th, 2003 02:00 PM

Re: Re: Am I a Dork?

You're funny.

And Queeg is THE MAN for staying with your goofy self!....<wink>

Regards,
Thomas

Set2cruz October 15th, 2003 03:41 PM

As long as you DON'T tuck your shirt in. {{grin}}

Gatormama October 15th, 2003 03:56 PM

Thomas,
As one who's dh wears hawaiian shirts and shorts and sandals, definately not dorky here in Fl. You need the wrap around black sunglasses too and the panama jack hat with cigar hanging out of your mouth to complete the outfit. I agree with the flipflops though. Better than sandals
Anne

sue October 15th, 2003 04:07 PM

This is how we dress here in Florida.....does this mean we are all dorks? VBG

pamda October 15th, 2003 06:09 PM

Queeg wears Hawaiian shirts (he has a great collection, including some "antiques").

Queeg wears shorts (double-pleated khaki type).

Queeg does NOT wear tennis shoes except to play tennis. He wears well-worn boat shoes. Why does he not wear tennis shoes? He has these HUGE feet <wink> and if he were to wear tennis shoes, it would be a case of, "Feet? Where you takin' that dude in the Hawaiian shirt?"

He probably DOES look like a dork, but he prefers to think of himself as the wealthy yachtsman searching the local saloons for the hired captain so he can get the boat out of the slip.

Angela Z. October 15th, 2003 07:20 PM

at least he doesn't wear his boat shoes with dark socks like my husband! ouch! the kids gave him a rash for this.......I try not to get upset about some of his outfits........
Angela Z., the operative word being "try"

pamda October 15th, 2003 07:43 PM

Angela ...

Socks? Huh? Queeg owns SOCKS? For 17 years I have been wondering about that empty drawer. (We keep his black silk socks in a plastic bag with his cummerbund and his "GQ" socks clothepinned to the appropriate ties.)

The only other socks he owns/wears are the white cotton jock socks. You want dorky?

rollerdonna October 15th, 2003 09:01 PM

No Thomas, you don't sound dorky to me, but socks with sandals, THAT'S dorky (or at least "touristy")

donna

cruisingks October 16th, 2003 12:00 AM

Socks with sandals is thee fashion faux pax male Germans are famous for. Goto Majorca and you will see what I mean.

Thomas, as long as you donīt tuck in that Hawaiin shirt and wear a belt, I wouldnīt consider you a dork.

Just one question....what colors are all of these items in? Are sunglasses needed?

karen

mbuckellew October 16th, 2003 07:43 AM

One of my favorite pastimes is heading to Epcot (we have passes) just to watch the people. You see some of the most amazing outfits there. I think a lot of these people don't even look in the mirror before they go out.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Moonglws4u October 16th, 2003 10:25 AM

I am sure Jimmy Buffet would approve of sandals, shorts, tropical shirts and straw hats even...........wait that's what his entire clothing collection consists of and I can't imagine anyone ever thinking he is a dork! You keep wearing what you wear Thomas!

KimJack October 17th, 2003 12:09 AM

Thomas,

1. You are definitely NOT a dork, nor have you ever been a dork!

2. Actually, you are one of the finest gentlemen I've never met; and you operate one of the finest restaurants I've never eaten in.

3. You may wear whatever the hell you want to, whenever and wherever you want to.

4. Now that that's over, please send me 2 of your 'ALL THE CRAB YOU CAN EAT FOR FREE' cards.

5. If you fail to honor my request, please ignore lies #1 and #2 above! <S>

Jack (who wears white socks with his tux)

Norwegian Dream
Baltic Sea, Aug.'04

N2hairstylz October 18th, 2003 08:53 AM

Real Dorks should wear socks with their water shoes(tee-hee)

Thomas October 18th, 2003 10:16 AM

Their on their way Jack, along with the free cruise tickets to Raiford.

Regards,
Thomas

Seahunks October 18th, 2003 10:44 AM

I resemble that question! Hawaiian shirt, baggy shorts, old sneakers, no socks. But then, I wear a Watership hat as a crown. Because I am the king of dorks!

Gotta disagree about the socks and swimming shoes, though. They interfere with using shoelaces as toejam floss. <Altogether now, ewwwwww!>

Steve

http://www.cruisemates.com/animated/...ing_smlCLR.gif
http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/co...zone=GMT-0500f Until Inspiration
Sensation 2/03
Enchantment 9/03

pamda October 18th, 2003 02:24 PM

Then I am a dork, if we're speaking of what I call "aqua socks" rather than teva-like sandals. I always wear golf socks with aqua socks. They chafe.

Maybe we should have shirts made up with cartoon drawings of socks, sandals, shoes, etc. with the legend, "I am a CruiseMates Dork."