Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 17th, 2003, 12:46 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Good Morning and TGIF!!!!

One more work day and I have the weekend off - YEAH!!! And, today is the day we Panamaniacs reach SDM status!! Now, it is down to crunch time. Must pack this weekend (as much as I can) and make sure that my mutt has enough food and treats to last while I am gone. He is staying with my Dad - who just happens to be his best buddy in the whole world (even more than me!) The two old codgers will be in seventh heaven without me around!

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!

Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2003, 05:45 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Morning and TGIF!!!!

Good morning Lisa and all the CM to follow. Yes thank God it is Friday! It always seems when I take a Monday off, I suffer for it the rest of the week! Lisa, I envy your cruise status! I still have many, many, many days to go. We have a wedding to attend in Ohio tomorrow and we are just going to make a weekend out of it. The weather promises to cooperate, so I'm really looking forward to the drive. Have a wonderful day and weekend friends!

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old October 17th, 2003, 05:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Mary Lou, I'm jealous of your drive through the fall foliage.......the one thing I miss being down here.
We started moving my father in law yesterday and he spent his first night in his new condo. We'll get our big stuff moved this weekend and then sort of live out of 2 houses for a little while since the house we're moving into is full of stuff.......I hope the dust clears soon!
Angela Z.
Old October 17th, 2003, 06:11 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Morning and TGIF!!!!

Good morning from swfl....kids are sleeping since there is no school today. Kind of busy today and tonight friends invited us over for dinner...tomorrow is the big audition for my daughter..I think she is getting nervous!

Lisa I am amazed how fast your cruise is approaching....Just wish I could go with you or on any cruise at this point.

Debating to maybe drive to KY over Thanksgiving to visit our oldest daughter. KY is not a state I want to visit again plus I am sure it will be cold there! BBBRRRRRR Does this mean we would have to wear socks?

ML have fun at the wedding and enjoy the weekend.

Angela glad the move went ok with your dad, now you have to try to unpack and throw out ..

Old October 17th, 2003, 06:14 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from Jupiter (Florida that is)

We had a real nice trip down here. Seems there was an angel on our car and on a few others as along with a few semi's and a number of cars going 70mph we all dodged an 8ft aluminum ladder in the middle lane of the FL turnpike around Ocala. I sure hope those behind us made it safely through that area. We arrived here safely and are already enjoying the warm tropical breezes.

Congratulations Lisa on you SDM status! You sound like you've got your packing and preparing well underway.

ML. have fun this weekend. Last weekend the east coast and this one the midwest. I'm glad you're getting in some mini trips as we wait for the cruise.

Angela, take it easy with the moves. I hope all goes well with your FIL and that he adjusts to the changes without too much difficulty.

Take care all. I'm going to try to catch up on some of the missed posts.

Phyll

Old October 17th, 2003, 07:58 AM
Admiral

Morning everyone, from Montreal where Fall marches on...definately nippy out there today, back with the jacket, gloves and headband again. Sigh. I'm so jealous of Phyll who has escaped to Florida!
Had a short but pleasant visit with an old friend last night who is in town briefly visiting her dad. I picked her up, and her dad said "now don't be late".... she and I looked at each other and said "some things never change - he used to say the same thing over 30 years ago when we were in high school!!

donna

Old October 17th, 2003, 08:12 AM
Admiral

Buenos dias, mis amigos.

I don't know about you but I can't wait for the weekend. Mark's been gone since Tuesday and I'll finally be able to see him again tonight. Yay, I can't wait!

Got a lot to do around the house this weekend, though. Checkbook balancing, paper filing, picture organizing, etc.

Have a terrific Friday, everyone.
Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old October 17th, 2003, 08:16 AM
Admiral

Happy Fryday everyone! Hubby & I are looking forward to our vacation beginning after work today! Heading out to Vegas on Sunday, going to see Penn & Teller & Olivia Newton-John (yes, she's still around!), then off to Orlando on Wednesday to visit Epcot Center & Disney World there. A much needed vacation for both of us, he is a senior development engineer (works with a lot of "I could tell you what I'm working on, but then I'd have to kill you!" stuff, )and I'm a 911 operator for LAPD who is looking forward to not dealing with the public's woes for awhile....

..also enjoying dreaming about our cruise next July...isn't that what life is all about??

Happy weekend, all!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old October 17th, 2003, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates from Long Island. The game went so long last nite, that I slept late this morning. Still excited about that wild finish.

ML, you are certainly becoming the traveler these days. With all these weekends away from home, your cruise will be here before you know it. By that time you will need the warm weather. Hear tell they are forcasting a pretty bad winter for us again this year.

Phyl, you have the right idea, Florida to escape the cold in the winter. Glad you arrived safely.

Congrats to the Panamaniacs. SDM status is always exciting. Lisa get packing. I'm really jealous.

Lisa good luck with the move.

Sue wondering how cold it gets in Kentucky. Thought that as you went south the weather warmed up.

Michelle was good to see you in chat last nite and Jean, Las Vegas and Orlando all in one vacation. Good for you. Enjoy

Have a good day all.

Carnival Glory
Old October 17th, 2003, 08:37 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Friday Morning CMs, Welcome back to SE Florida Phyl, glad that your trip was a safe one. I was hoping you would bring some cooler temps with you, hopefully soon!! Michelle enjoy having mark back home, don't spend all yoru time on work, life goes by so fast, I speak from watching it fly by. Hope everyone has a great day and enjoyable weekend.

Jeanne&Ellis

Old October 17th, 2003, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb

Phyllbo,

I think you meant to say I-75 near Ocala. The Turnpike starts at Wildwood and continued south. Just a small miscalculation with no harm.

Had the most beautiful weather here in Central Florida for the last 3 days. Wished it would continue but we all know Florida. If you don't like the weather wait 15 minutes and it will change.
Old October 17th, 2003, 09:22 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks

Good afternoon all!

Glad to hear that you arrived in Florida safely, Phyll! I bet you have a few busy days facing you now getting settled in.

Sounds like everyone is looking forward to a good weekend. We´re going to have a busy one.

Beautiful weather here and I have two dogs that want to go for a walk. Better get going!

karen
Old October 17th, 2003, 10:16 AM
Cruise Maniac

YEA - It's Friday ! !

Nothing planned for the weekend - we'll just see what develops. Living in Kansas, there really isn't much to choose from. We don't have water close to us, just flat land.

Hope you all have a great weekend ! !

"Happy Day" !
Old October 17th, 2003, 10:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Friday's here and so is a bit of a warming trend for Calgary. Looking forward to a weekend in the 70s F.

Got my flu shot yesterday.... and highly recommend it to everyone, especially anyone travelling or cruising soon.
Before I started getting annual flu shots, if we cruised in the fall I inevitably came home with some bug. Now, that's not the case.

Old October 17th, 2003, 12:43 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon everyone, missed posting this morning. Jansan I can relate to that flat land having spent a year and a half at Ft. Riley. And Wisconsin people call us in Illinois flatlanders, if they ever travel to Kansas they'd have to find a new knickname for us. {{grin}} Have a great afternoon everyone and I'll see ya on the boards.

Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)