Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 22nd, 2003, 01:19 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks
Default Happy HUMP day!

Have to admit itīs a sad day here. I had to call dh yesterday afternoon that his dog isnīt doing well. He ended up coming home for the night to see how his Goofy is doing and agreed it doesnīt look good. This morning he helped her get outside and walked her up the street where she then laid down. He carried all 60 lbs. of her back to the house. A sad sight.

This morning Iīll take her to vet and see what he has to say. She hates vets and I know that will be a torture for her. Thereīs nothing visible or anything that can be felt from the outside so itīs definitely internal. Itīs going to be a tough visit.

My one neighbor was walking her dog when dh was out with Goofy and said sheīd come by and help me get Goofy to the vet. She knows what an ordeal that is. Nice of her to help out.

I hope everyone is having a much happier morning!

Wish us luck.

karen
Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2003, 01:57 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Happy HUMP day!

Good morning Karen, Mike and everyone to follow.

Karen - I know the vet visit will be hard on both of you, but do follow up on it. It really could be something simple to fix. Keeping Goofy in my prayers.

Mike - GO TO BED!!!! You have to be in top shape for trivia and all the other activities on the Island!

As for me, it is now bedtime. See y'all later on in the day!

Old October 22nd, 2003, 06:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning Karen, Mike, Lisa and all the CruiseMates to follow. Karen, you and Goofey will be in my prayers today. Mike, what can I say except I'M SO JEALOUS! And Lisa, I hope you had a good night's sleep. Yesterday morning at this time it was 65 degrees...today it is 45 degrees! I'm so NOT ready for this cold weather. Have a great day folks.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old October 22nd, 2003, 07:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando......a half day at the office and then back home for more unpacking fun. Wish I was packing for a cruise instead.
Karen, hope the trip to the vet is a good one.
Angela Z.
Old October 22nd, 2003, 08:01 AM
Admiral

Morninng all from the one who's starving to death at the banquet of life.

Hopefully, Karen, Goofy's problem is something temporary. They do seem to get into all kinds of things which make them sick but usually not lasting. Ours usually eat things out in the yard, lizards, cat droppings, etc. then come inside and get sick. Mrs. Thomas freaks out everytime but after the vet checks them out they are fine and she is better.

I'm soooooo jealous of the Panamaniacers I can't stand it. Y'all have a good time!

Regards,
Thomas
Old October 22nd, 2003, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Happy HUMP day!

Karen I hope the vet will tell you it is just something minor..you did not mention how old the dog was....keep us updated!

Another lousy mood here......things have not been good here..............

Have a nice day guys....................

June 1st 2015--- Denali Explorer Cruise on Star Princess!

Dec 18, 2014 Caribbean Princess
Old October 22nd, 2003, 08:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good morning to all !

Karen, sorry to hear about Goofy. Hope it's nothing serious.

Sue, I was down in the dumps last week, but feel better now. So try to hang in there. Things will get better.......

Kansas is waking up to another beautiful day - mid 80's and sunny. Is this really October?!?!
Old October 22nd, 2003, 09:08 AM
Admiral

Where in Kansas do you live Jansan? We used to live in Overland Park years ago.

Regards,
Thomas
Old October 22nd, 2003, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Karen, I feel for you. Our Emma is only 17 months old, but she had 2 serious illnesses and surgeries in her first 10 months. It is so hard when you are so attached to your furry baby. I hope everything turns out all right for Goofy.
Welcome back Mike, and glad to hear Kramer is doing better. He probably just missed you! <g>
Sue, you've had a shock this week, which can't help your medical problems. Try to hang in there!
As for everybody else, good morning, and have a good day, I'm off to walk the dog - and it's finally stopped raining!

donna

Old October 22nd, 2003, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Looking forward to another day in the 70s F here in Calgary. Trying to enjoy it while it's here, but work keeps interfering<G>

Karen.. sorry to hear about Goofy's problems. We went through this a few months back, so I understand the emotions involved. Hopefully the situation will have a positive resolution.

Old October 22nd, 2003, 09:53 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates from Long Island.

Karen sure hope you visit to the vet fixes whatever is wrong with Goofy. It is so sad when our furry friends are ill.

Raked leaves yesterday and this morning it looks like it was never done. The leaves are falling faster than we can rake them up now. Pretty soon all the foliage will be gone and we'll be looking at barren trees and bushes.

Welcome back Mike, get some rest so you are ready for all the fun you and the Panamaniacs will be having soon.

Have a good day everyone. [/]only 30 more days till FUN ON THE SUN for us. It can't get here soon enough[/b]

Carnival Glory
Old October 22nd, 2003, 10:16 AM
Admiral

Good morning all

Karen, I hope by now you know what's the matter with Goofy and I'm hoping and praying it's nothing too serious.

Sue, you've been through a lot the last month or so. Take care and I hope things start looking up for you too.

I seem to spend the day waiting for return phone calls here so I'm not able to be on the computer as much as I'd like. I'll be really happy when we get the DSL line hooked up.

Take care all

Phyll

Old October 22nd, 2003, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Morning all,,,,
Another beautiful sunny day here in the tidewater of Va. Except baby it's cold outside. Our temps droped about 20 degrees from yesterday's also. But we're still not as cold as you Mary Lou,,,we'll be in the mid 60's today. <BG>
Karen hope all goes well for Goofey,,,Sue hang in there kido,,it's gonna be better. Start checkin out all the cruise sites,,,that usually pulls me outa the dumps <BG>
Hope ya'll have a great humpday,,,,mine is off and running.

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old October 22nd, 2003, 11:02 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Morning CMs, Just back from the encologist, root canal is done and doing well. Karen, our prayers for Goofy, I know they are part of the family, Sue, chin up!! It will pass, after the news you had this week I'm not surprised. Mike, hope you got some sleep you will be needing it!! The weather here is beautiful, a nother cool front came thru and now this is Florida in the winter! ;^ )) Wish I could bottle it and send to you poor northerners. Have a wonderful day.

Jeanne

Old October 22nd, 2003, 02:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Happy HUMP day!

We live outside Wichita. No where close enough to a cruise terminal ! ! HA!
Old October 22nd, 2003, 03:26 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Happy HUMP day!

Sorry there are no cruise terminals near Wichita. Maybe someday after the big earthquake they'll build one.

Regards,
Thomas
Old October 22nd, 2003, 07:07 PM
Jeanne&Ellis

Just rereading the threads from this morning, and am laughing at myself. Between my DH and me going to so many doctors lately, i am geting them mixed up. I meant to say Endodontist, not encologist.

Old October 22nd, 2003, 09:23 PM
Admiral

Phew Jeanne, I was hoping you hadn't misspelled "oncologist" that's even worse that endodontist!

donna

Old October 22nd, 2003, 10:45 PM
Jeanne&Ellis

Donna, The novacain must have affected my brain also! ;^ ))
Jeanne