Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2003, 06:36 PM
Admiral

Default Good Grief Charlie Brown!!

Hi everybody. I went with the daycare today to our annual "Pumpkin Patch" fieldtrip, and it was quite an experience. After the usual haywagon ride to the pumpkin patch, we picked our little pumpkins out of the muddy field. 2 of my kids wandered too far and got stuck in some very gooey mud. I went to the rescue and rescued both but left their shoes behind! While trying to rescue their shoes, I got stuck and it took 3 adults to pull me out! I also lost a boot, and injured my foot in the process. The 3rd kid only got a little stuck, but he fell in the mud and was covered. We were all quite a sight returning to the bus, dripping mud everywhere. And I didn't even get to see the "Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown"!! That was MY workday, how was yours?

donna

Old October 23rd, 2003, 09:51 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Grief Charlie Brown!!

Donna

I've been to the pumpkin patch with the preschoolers many times, but fortunately I never had an adventure like the one you had today. Hope your foot is doing ok tonight. Did anyone get pictures? :-)

Phyll

Old October 23rd, 2003, 11:09 PM
Admiral

Unfortunately, I was the one taking the pictures, and ummm, I was a little preoccupied!

donna

Old October 24th, 2003, 05:46 AM
Yeoman

Donna.
As the mother of young ones, I can relate totally. I am taking my 2 to a "patch" here in FL but not quite the same. These are created ones down here. Not quite the same unless one of the cherubs falls in cow patties or loses a shoe, my oldest was famous for that. Hope your foot is better
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old October 24th, 2003, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Donna,

Don't feel too bad about not about your not seeing the Great Pumpkin. I've spoken with the GP several times, and recall that he/she often told me that there were no Canadian family members. But then again, the GP also claimed to be related to the Von Trapps in Stowe, Vermont so its truthfulness is a bit difficult to accept at times. <S>

Jack

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old October 24th, 2003, 06:59 PM
susancruzs

Wow, what a day, does sound fun though! Sorry about your foot and hope it feels better!

And, no pictures, they would be great!

Susie