Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 31st, 2003, 08:57 PM
Admiral

Default How was your Halloween?

I had a l-o-n-g Halloween day, went in to work early for our big party at the daycare, worked 9-6, then came home to answer the door to the trick or treaters, one of whom was a surprise visit by my 14 month-old step-grandaughter who I haven't seen in 7 months! We went trick or treating around our little street, and she was so cute, waving bye bye to everyone . Emma too, had to come along, sporting her orange and black bat decorated scarf, wagging her tail at everyone she met. The weather was surprisingly warm for Montreal at Halloween (we usually have to wear snowsuits under our costumes!), but we got rained on before we got home. All in all, it was a fun halloween, and the only problem is, there was no candy left when I got home (no chocolate for me, boo hoo!)

donna

Old October 31st, 2003, 11:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.
Default Re: How was your Halloween?

Not very halloweeny (is that a word?) since there was an away football game tonight and both of my kids are in the band but the moms from the school where we played made 150 baggies full of candy for our band kids! What a nice thing to do. We won.......now district champs! Go Boone Braves!!!
Angela Z.
Old November 1st, 2003, 05:38 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks

You really did get a treat, Donna! In a good sense, that is!! What a fantastic surprise!
This Halloween will be a very memorable one for you indeed.

karen
Old November 1st, 2003, 05:43 AM
Yeoman

Ours was great. Even after being gone from New England for 7 years, it still takes some getting used to about trick -or treating in T-Shirts. I remember many a Halloween Donna, where we were trying to put as many layers under our costumes as possible. It was a gorgeous night here in Fl. Had a bunch of friends and neighbors over for Pizza pre treating and also came back afterward for candy check and adult beverages. One of our friends brought his huge pumpkin that they had carved over and we had that outside. We live in a neighborhood that gets swamped w/ kids so had a blast. Donna, I have plenty of chocolate for you, Angela, I know, our kids were bumming too about playing last night. ( Football, that is) Everyone is sleeping in this am. THats a good thing. Have a great day
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old November 1st, 2003, 06:20 AM
Admiral

We went to my daughter's new neighborhood to see the kids as we do not get any in our little neighborhood. It has been years since I've seen so many "trick or treaters"....it was a lot of fun. There were some really cute custumes out there. I think my favorite one was the little two year old dressed up as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz...all the way down to the ruby slippers. Scoopy Do and the little lion were really cute too. We had a great time. Jackie's neighbors are all very friendly and some took the opportunity to welcome them to the neighborhood.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old November 1st, 2003, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: How was your Halloween?

We had no trick or treaters since I spread the rumor that the new people on the block (us) were on parole serial killers. : D

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old November 1st, 2003, 09:15 AM
Admiral

No trick or treaters here, Donna. I have a bag of KitKats that I could send up your way. Otherwise, I'll have to sacrifice and eat them myself. :-)

Phyll

Old November 1st, 2003, 01:37 PM
First Mate

Our Halloween was great! We have new neighbors next door and they ended up moving their candy bowl over to our house (we had a fire going outside). We got to know them and we find they are a super couple. They are 30 and 32 and have only been married 7 months. This is their first house and they have been quite ambitious with it. It's good to have someone move in that cares about their home. The last neighbors were pretty terrible.

Robin

Costa Atlantica 3/2004
Brilliance 2/2005
Brilliance 2/2006
Brilliance 2/2007
Explorer 2/2008
Old November 3rd, 2003, 09:01 AM
Admiral

We were out for most of the evening, so didn't give away a single piece of candy. But that's okay because I bought Hershey's kisses with the idea in mind that if I had any leftover I could put them on the tables for the wedding reception. So now I have four bags for that purpose.

Our pumpkin we were going to carve rotted because we left it on the porch in the hot sun for a week. That was a mess to clean up, let me tell you.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old November 3rd, 2003, 01:22 PM
rram1234

Default Re: Re: How was your Halloween?

worked at the concession stand for our daughters high school, we get the visitor side, band gets the visitors and the athletic supporters always gets the home side, we ended up serving not only our side but for the home side, too many frozen meals on the home side, won the game, but still didnt make it to the playoffs, school has won more of their games than any of the other high school's in their district, what a shame, school is only four years old and they have worked hard, oh well no more griping for now.