Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 1st, 2003, 11:59 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks
Default Rise and Shine! Mornin´ All!

How´s everyone doing this morning? I hope well!

It got busy over here. Friends were vacationing not to far from here and decided to stop by Thurs. They ended up staying until yesterday afternoon! It was fun to catch up.

Goofy really is getting better. The vet put her on meds for epilepsy on Wed. and that has done wonders. Unfortunately though they have one side effect. Her coordination is the pits. She looks like she´s had one too many beers. As one kid said, "Goofy´s funny to watch now!" We tried giving her less but the attacks came back. We´ll see what the vet has to say about that tomorrow.

Stores are open today so we´ve decided to take advantage of that. It will be good to get out for a couple of hours. Maybe I´ll even to get a few Christmas presents. That would be a relief!

Have a good one!

karen
Sponsored Links
Old November 2nd, 2003, 12:24 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Rise and Shine! Mornin´ All!

Good morning Karen and all to follow. It was one busy night tonight after the Fla./Ga. game. Everyone has finished up and it's nice to be here all alone with some time to reflect.

Regards,
Thomas
Old November 2nd, 2003, 04:59 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Rise and Shine! Mornin´ All!

Good morning from swfl....still early but I am always up early since I go to bed before everyone else.

Kids want to go and play mini golf today and if it's not too hot I think we will go.

Everyone have a great sunday

Old November 2nd, 2003, 06:16 AM
Admiral

Good morning friends. Another wet day here in the "Burgh"....so much for that awesome forecast of high 70's and sunny through Wednesday. With today's technology, how can the weather folks be so wrong? I will never understand it.
I'd like to get caught up with paperwork today and I may go shopping also. I'd like to get a start on my Christmas shopping and Jackie's birthday is in two weeks. You all have a lovely day.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old November 2nd, 2003, 06:22 AM
Admiral

Good morning Karen, Thomas, Sue, Marylou and all Cruisemates who follow. Gonna be a bit cloudy here today but still unseasonably warm. Not good for the Marathon. Sorry you aren't getting nicer weather Marylou. How does it feel to stay home on the weekend for a change?

Glad to hear Goofy is getting better Karen.

Going to have brunch with some of the girls I used to work with today. That should be fun.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

18 days till we leave for FUN ON THE SUN, Thanksgiving Cruisemates Cruise.

Carnival Glory
Old November 2nd, 2003, 06:27 AM
Yeoman

Good Morning All,
Coffee anyone? It's absolutely gorgeous here in St Pete. A/C is off and doors and windows are open. A touch of fall here. Karen, glad to Goofy is doing better. Today is housecleaning day and get the homework done for tomorrow. My oldest has 2 projects due for next week so today we start them. Have to make a map of Fl and book report. Off to church and then its back home to get the rest of the decorations down. Time to start putting up the nails for the christmas lights. Have a good day all of you.
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old November 2nd, 2003, 08:25 AM
susancruzs

Good Morning Everyone!

Weather they predicted earlier this week didn't hold for us either, ML!!! Looking at the map, there's rain stacked up beyond Nebraska, lovely! At least the warmer temps held out!

Got the last of the yard work done yesterday, mowed way more than my share trying to run the gas out of the mower! My neighbors were watching and giving their advice! :-)
Also tried to pick up all those little Locust leaves, I think I'd rather go back to the yard where I had all those Maple trees and was knee deep in real leaves - NOT!!!

Today will be a lazy day, may not even leave the house! Pay day isn't until tomorrow so don't really have any money to spend! A once a month, reduced pay check is a very humbling experience! Interesting that I've learned to budget money at 56! Tomorrow I finish up at Manpower with a class and tests so hopefully I'll find something to do (with pay)!

Have a great day!

Susie
Old November 2nd, 2003, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where the unpacking/packing continues. Starting to realize how close Thanksgiving is and that will kick me into high gear for getting settled. Dinner for 12! yikes!!!
Angela Z.
Old November 2nd, 2003, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Good Morning! It has been a great week! So far, I met my deadline at work,............kids got great grades on the report cards....................all military stuff for Michael is out of the way..................and getting ready for Church now. :O)

Next week.......................................well, I have been helping our Travel Agents (downstairs in our office building) with computer troubles. In return, they are taking me on one of the ship tours here as a "group leader". It is an all day thing (next weekend) on the Carnival Elation out of Galveston. I am so excited!!!! Will be taking lots of photos and lots of notes.

Any questions you might have before I go, let me know. Any photo of a particular area, let me know and I will try and get it.

Old November 2nd, 2003, 09:12 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from Fl

The sun is shining and there is a nice breeze out there. Been sitting out on the lanai (porch to those of us northerners) reading the Sunday paper and drinking ice tea.

Not much planned today except getting Jake to the airport for his flight back to Toronto later this afternoon. He wasn't able to get a flights out on Monday mornings for the month of Nov. so it will be short weekends for him this month.

Have a good one all.

Phyll

Old November 2nd, 2003, 10:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! The snow continues to fly in Calgary, though it's warming up "some". We may make 30 F today <G>

Kuki Jr. is getting the bar open today, so it's going to be an NFL day for me. My partner is away on vacation, and next weekend Kuki Jr. goes down to USC for personal interviews. End result I'll actually have to work every day for the next couple of weeks.
I'm sure it shocks many of you that I work at all.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 2nd, 2003, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Good Sunday Morning from Arizona.

We have gone from 20 degrees above average just over a week ago to below average this week! Our highs the last couple of days have been in the 70's! WOW! We don't even know how to behave in this weather! And they say that next weekend we might not get out of the 60's! But we're not complaining, because this front is the same one that brought rain and snow to the fires of California, and we're very happy to see that.

In a little while I leave to take José to the airport. He is going to Costa Rica to visit the kids and grandkids. Since his work would only give him one week off, I elected to stay home so that he could devote himself 100% to his family and not have to worry about my comfort or happiness. He needs some time alone with them so that they can make up for all the time they spend apart.

It's kind of ironic that José is leaving now for vacation, since this is the same time frame that we had to cancel our Panama Canal cruise. The Carnival Spirit left San Diego yesterday --- without us! However, his boss said that they just couldn't spare him for more than two weeks right when they're going into the busy part of the year, when all the snowbirds begin to show up again. But we will do this cruise, reverse itinerary, on 3/30/04. I can't wait!

Have a great day, Cruise Mates!

Old November 2nd, 2003, 10:10 AM
Admiral

Good (late) morning everyone, boy did I sleep in today! Must've needed it! Last night we enjoyed a wonderful dinner out at a great Italian restaurant with my sister and her boyfriend. Came home stuffed, and had to walk the dog to walk off dinner!
Yesterday was a glorious, unseasonably warm day. Today, we're back to normal, cloudy, dull,COLD and gray November. Perfect day for all the housecleaning I must do, better get to it!

donna

Old November 2nd, 2003, 10:20 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Rise and Shine! Mornin´ All!

morning all
Got about 4 inches of snow laying on the ground . Our store has done very well in the two weeks that we were open.
Grant

Old November 2nd, 2003, 01:45 PM
Admiral

Grant, I guess you're finished with the chocolate pumpkins, and now are making chocolate Santas? Maybe the snow will put customers in the mood to buy for Christmas!

donna