Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 4th, 2003, 12:07 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks
Default Rise and shine! Coffee´s on!

And tea for Donna!

Last night we had a bizarre thunder and lightening storm that left the whole neighborhood glued to their windows. Winds were gusting up to 140km/h, lightening seemed to shoot out in every direction and thunder rocked the houses. The most intense part lasted about 30 minutes but all in all it was longer than three hours. A crazy night! I´m glad that we didn´t have to be out in the middle of it.

Today promises to be a busy one. Before I get going though I think I´ll have one more cup of coffee and see what´s happening on the boards. That sounds like a plan.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day! Enjoy whatever you have to do!

karen
Sponsored Links
Old November 4th, 2003, 05:34 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Rise and shine! Coffee´s on!

Good morning Karen and all the CruiseMates to follow. I woke up this morning thinking it was Saturday! What a let down......boy, I'm not even close on that one! Funny how the sleeping mind works, huh? We are to break a record high temperature today....sunny and 78 degrees. How unusual for election day. I don't remember an election day that it hasn't rained. Today will be a nice change. Have a great one!

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old November 4th, 2003, 05:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where yesterday I got the news that I'm diabetic....yikes.......some lifestyle changes in store for me and the family....since I'm the one who cooks they'll all go along with it. Probably be the best thing that's happened.
Angela Z.
Old November 4th, 2003, 06:45 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Morning, Sure need that extra coffee this morning, back into routine for me. Angela Z, it probably is a good thing, it happened to my DH a couple of months ago and he is now 25 lbs lighter and feeling better than he was. Also helped me kick a couple of lbs also. <G> We had thunder and lightning last night, crazy November weather! Seems like the weatehr is mixed up all over the world lately. Gotta put on my walking shoes and get a move on. Hope you all have a wondeful day.

Jeanne(& still sleeping Ellis)

Summit 3/15/04

Old November 4th, 2003, 07:02 AM
Admiral

Yikes is right Angela. I am coming up to my 10th anniversary since my diagnosis. Yes there will be lifestyle changes but not intolerable. Diabetes need not restrict you or mean the end of all fun things. Keep active and read up on all you can about our disease. The American Diabetes Society website is a great place to start educating yourself. As far as cooking goes, whenever I try out recipies that I get in the Diabetes Forcast Magazine (American Diabetes Association Magazine) I find that my non-diabetic family likes them for the most part.

Good Luck and Best Wishes

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old November 4th, 2003, 07:07 AM
Admiral

Aye Mates,
Good morning Karen, Mary Lou, Angela, Jeanne, Doug and all those CM's to follow. A nice morning but rain forcasted for this afternoon. Today is election day and I'm running for office....no, I mean, I was a little late... so I had to run to my office.lol
Have a great day.

Post Edited (11-04-03 07:08)
and laughing is contagious,
here’s hoping for an epidemic!
Old November 4th, 2003, 07:11 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Rise and shine! Coffee´s on!

...It sounded like a good idea being Sat. I'm all for it! Who's having lightning storms? I'm in Missouri, and today we're supposed to get rain, but I love thunder/lightning storms! I am also running late as usual, as I always check out the boards w/my coffee, and never want to leave.... Have a great day everyone!

Old November 4th, 2003, 07:27 AM
Admiral

Good morning all

Looks like we'll be getting lots of showers today. I've got my umbrella ready to go.

Angela, you sure have had a lot to deal with lately. Hopefully you'll be able to manage the diabetes without too much trouble. I wouldn't be surprised to find I have to deal with it someday myself.

Jason, you're elected! oops I guess not. :-)

Have a good day all and ML enjoy the warm temps. Wish you could store them up for another day.

Phyll

Old November 4th, 2003, 07:31 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Rise and shine! Coffee´s on!

Good morning from cloudy swfl...Angela I did send you an e-mail as I have this also. Diet and exercise will help you greatly and it isn't as bad as you might think. Feel free to e-mail me back! The Atkins diet brought down my levels a lot....

My mother-in-law bought her plane ticket and will arrive Thanksgiving day. I am looking forward having her here again...she is a great lady. Not much planned today. I think we will go and see the new Matrix tomorrow night. One day at a time here....

Take care guys and have a great day...

Old November 4th, 2003, 07:53 AM
susancruzs

Good Morning Everyone!

Coffee is brewing! All of a sudden it just started pouring, buckets, I thought our rain from the last 3 days was done!

No classes today and I "may" start working as early as Monday so today I'll start doing some of the started, not finished things I've been procrastinating about!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Susie
Old November 4th, 2003, 07:58 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates! It's a warm, sunny day here in central Florida, that I have to spend in an office with no windows. I won't see the sun again until tomorrow.

I didn't sleep well last night so I'm tired today. At least it's a short week for me, I have Friday off.

~ Angela, I'm sure it will turn out to be a blessing that you got diagnosed. Once you start with the lifestyle changes, you will feel so much better. My mom has hypoglycemia and once she got diagnosed and started eating differently she says she didn't even realize how bad she felt before, because now she feels so much better. And since you are doing the cooking, your whole family will benefit from healthier meals and less or no sugar. For artificial sweetners my mom recommends Splenda and Suzanne Sommers' sweetener (which is actually pretty good, though expensive.) I just wish I were smart enough to cut out sugar and eat better, not because I have to, but just because it's healthier.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old November 4th, 2003, 08:04 AM
Admiral

Hi all from Monteal, where at this moment, I don't know which is falling faster, the temperature, the leaves, or the SNOW!! It's a dark, cold, windy, wet, miserable day, and as if snow is not bad enough, they're saying freezing rain for this afternoon....geez, what did I do to deserve this? <G>
Karen, thanks for the tea, I need it this morning!
Doug, I love your "cool crab"!
Angela, good luck with the diabetic diet, be thankful you have something that is TREATABLE!
Sue, hang in there, we're rooting for you too!
Mary Lou, I think you need to go back to bed till Saturday!

have a good one everybody,
donna

Old November 4th, 2003, 08:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Been snowing here in Calgary for 3 days now, and we've managed to accumulate over a foot of the stuff. Driving has been outrageous, and that's not really understable in a city that should be used to white stuff on the ground.

Just 24 days until I get a break from this when I'm on my way to the toga party on Costa Mediterranea.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 4th, 2003, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates from not sunny, not warm, not snowing, no lightening Long Island. Seems we are somewhere in "Never, Neverland" where the weather is concerned. Warmer than normal temps, but nothing spectacular today. But as I said, NOT SNOWING. That is a great thing.

Sure wish it were Saturday cause that would mean I am that much closer to my cruise, but alas, only Tuesday so... still have 16 more sleeps till I leave for NCL FUN ON THE SUN, Cruisemates Thanksgiving Cruise.

Pretty soon I can begin the countdown to the "Let's Get Laid Again" cruise. Will help with the PCD when Thanksgiving cruise is over.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old November 4th, 2003, 10:57 AM
Admiral

Cold here in San Jose CA------ gosh I even turned the heater on------
Wishing everyone a great day-- off to work I go------
Running short of time-- need to get caught up on all the posts
Later
Cheer to Lisa who has being having a drink for me every night on the Panamanic cruise-- she's having a wonderful time----
April
Old November 4th, 2003, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Hi all,,,,
We have a beautiful day here on the east coast of Va. Supposed to be in the low 80's,,,but the rain is on the way for tomorrow,,,,,but NO snow !!! Couldn't take that.
Tweety looking forward to your reports of the Sun as we are booked on her for Feb 1st as well,,,so leave her in one piece eh? <BG>

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.