Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 10th, 2003, 06:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default *A Good Thing*

Hi Gang..Don't laugh now.....
I am the kind of person, that when I find something I like,I have this need to share it....It could be a good book, a product, a restaurant, a vacation spot that was over and above what you expected, a trend, whatever...i love to hear feedback from others about whats great , really works, or is just a fabulous whatever, out there...Could be

That being said, I have 2 *GOOD THINGS*, I would love to share..one is a new product, that absolutely is great, and really works..Its Dawn power dissolver....{I hear someone snickering out there, now stop that}}}} one good spritz..let it sit for a bit, and voila, shmutz is gone on anything!!!

Another is a crafty trend, going blazes around here.. hand knitted scarves, knitted with a filler yarn, and whats called eyelash yarn..all the rage in specialty shops, and pricey..but i have been making them for very little, for fabulous Christmas gifts..They are kniited only..no pearl stitching..done on size 17 needles, and worked up in no time ...I am already on my 3/4th ones, knitting 2 at a time..!

I hope you will share whats hot, new and of the moment where you are...Hopefully we can keep this going , as new must haves are found, and if we always head a new post with, * A GOOD THING,* we'll always know we have to check it out...

Oh, and a great book to cruise with is Lucia Lucia, by Adrianna Trigiani..Lets see how many god things are out there.......Thanks for sharing !!!

Trip/ Monday Chat Host
Sponsored Links
Old November 10th, 2003, 08:06 PM
Admiral

Default Re: *A Good Thing*

Thanks for the tips Trip. Never heard of "eyelash yarn", but then again, I don't knit either!
I don't sew either, but that hasn't stopped me from a new hobby of making doggie scarves (bandanas or neckerchiefs). I made a few for my dog, and since so many people ask me about them, I started making extras and selling them - and putting the profits into my "cruise fund"!
And speaking of good cruise books, somebody, way back, mentioned the John Grisham book "Skipping Christmas" as a good cruise read. I have not been able to find it anywhere, not in the big book stores, nor in many 2nd hand stores. Does anybody have a copy they can lend me?
Thanks, Donna

Old November 10th, 2003, 09:02 PM
Admiral

Donna those bandana's sound great..my pooch wears them all the time and actually sits still to have them put on....Check half.com and ebay for that book....bet you find them there and cheap...let me know if you don't and i willscout around here for you..
Trip/Monday Chat Host
Old November 10th, 2003, 09:08 PM
Jeanne&Ellis

My great find is Kaboom for cleaning the shower tiles and glass etc it really works like they say it will and so much easier than scubbing and scrubbing.....

Donna, I couldn't find the book either, but did a search in my library and found it there. It was a fast fun read for the most part.
Jeanne

Old November 10th, 2003, 09:24 PM
Admiral

Donna I just checked half.com..you can find it there for as low as $2.00....Trip
Old November 10th, 2003, 09:56 PM
Admiral

Thanks Trip!
donna

Old November 11th, 2003, 05:54 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: *A Good Thing*

Donna I bought the book last year..it was okay. I give it to you if you like

Old November 12th, 2003, 11:57 PM
Yeoman

We put holiday and misc. scarves around our dog's neck and he thinks it's a part of him like his collar and he gets upset and wants it back on. He loves his scarves too!

Luanne