Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 11th, 2003, 01:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C
Default Good Tuesday Morning

Good morning CruiseMates.
Another day closer to cruising, or your plans to cruise.

Not sure where the weekend went. Monday passed like a blur, work has been one of those "Is there light at the end of the tunnel"?
VOS chat rat cruise Feb 22, 2004
Constellation transatlantic Sept 7, 2004

Sponsored Links
Old November 11th, 2003, 03:13 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks
Default Re: Good Tuesday Morning

Guten Morgen!

Coffee anyone? Im finally able to have my second cup after a hectic early morning.

Fortunately the fog decided not to stick around today. Yesterday was just plain spooky with all the fog. Someone asked yesterday if it is normally this foggy this time of year here. It sure is! With the close proximity to the Elbe, the North Sea and a number of other smaller rivers, fog is a normal occurence. One year my mother was here in November and she only saw fog for the five days! Sad but true!

Thanks for the posts about Goofy. They meant more than you can imagine! Weve decided to donate to a local animal shelter in Goofys name. They want material donations so dh and I are going to go shopping on Sat. morning and then drop everything off that afternoon.

Today is St Martins day and at 11:11am Fasching and Karneval (Carnival) is kicked off. In the areas of Germany that celebrate Carnival, the streets will be full of partying. Its a taste of what is to come in January and February and from what they showed onTV this morning its going to be one heck of a party! Several of dhs colleagues are from that area and have taken a couple of days off to go down and celebrate. Im sure theyll have fun!

Hope everyone has a good day.

karen
Old November 11th, 2003, 05:33 AM
Admiral

Good morning Steve, Karen and all the CruiseMates to follow. Steve, I know what you mean about the weekend. Monday is a blur to me also. I left for work at 6:00 a.m. yesterday and didn't arrive back home until close to 11:00 p.m. Jackie hosted a "Southern Living" party, so I was there. I did learn something interesting last night though......finger nail polish is flammable.....even on one's fingers. While lighting candles at Jackie's I lit my thumb on fire. Quite an experience! Note to self: do no light candles after just having a manicure!

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old November 11th, 2003, 05:52 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Tuesday Morning

Good morning from swfl....Karen our oldest daughter used to walk around with that paper balloon and a candle in it during St Martins day..it brings back some very fond memories!
Today I have to see the wound doctor. It is now open at 3 seperate places again I might add. This has been going on since mid June..I suspect they are putting me on antibiotics today. I feel very sad about the whole thing and I don't have a clue why this isn't healing. The wound doctor says it should stay closed <last time the nurse said it might open up again and this is normal so you go figure?> The only thing that might be wrong is that the plastic surgeon left a piece of something foreign in there...if this is the case ..oh I don't even want to think about it....Lets just hope its a small infection and the meds will help....

Is there light at the end of the tunnel? Y2C I have my doubts
I have to run and bring the kids to school which is a 40 min drive.....Have a great day mates.........

Old November 11th, 2003, 06:35 AM
Admiral

Morning all.

Took yesterday off work and worked my butt off. That's life.

Regards,
Thomas
Old November 11th, 2003, 06:52 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Tuesday Morning and just a reminder to put your flags out today for our veterans and military people. Thanks and have a great day.

Jeanne&Ellis

Old November 11th, 2003, 07:27 AM
Admiral

Morning all from Montreal, (cold and gray again, same old same old...).
Mary Lou, I have one word for you: "OUCH"!!
Karen, that's a nice idea about the donation to the animal shelter.
Sue, this medical situation must be so difficult...hang in there!
This morning I am still high over the news that dh's brother in Texas will be joining us on our QM2 cruise next Nov., with his wife, his son and daughter-in-law! We are so looking forward to sharing a cruise with family!

donna

Old November 11th, 2003, 07:39 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates from Long Island. Pretty cold here today. Temp reading is 36F right now. Brrrrrrr. Our flag is flying high and proud J&E.

Y2, Monday was a blur here too, not a good day for us. Here's hoping Tuesday will be brighter for everyone. Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Donna traveling with family is great. We are doing that for Thanksgiving and looking forward to enjoying their company for a week.

Sue certainly hope you get these medical problems solved soon. It's been too long now. You need a break. And Marylou, how are your fingers? Sounds like an OWEY to me.

Karen Carnival sounds like fun. Enjoy.

Thomas, male days off are "Honey Do Days". At least that's the way it worked here in our house for a really long time. You know Honey do this and Honey do that. :-)

Carnival Glory
Old November 11th, 2003, 08:28 AM
dinahsite

Good morning all!!! It's a beautiful morning because it's 1 day closer to our cruise (S Caribbean aboard the Brilliance on March29/04) anyone else going the same cruise as us? Next week, we're off to Cuba but nothing can compare to our upcoming cruise ( we're 1st time cruisers). Have a great day all!!

Dee
Old November 11th, 2003, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Good Tuesday morning everyone. I'm tired after staying up a little too late last night. *yawn*

ML, I didn't know nail polish was flammable even on your fingers. Thanks for the tip, sorry you had to learn it so harshly.

Sue, I will be praying for you. Maybe you ought to try a different doctor if this one can't figure it out.

Everyone have a nice day.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old November 11th, 2003, 08:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where I slept in today and it felt great.
Mary Lou, I've seen the flaming fingernail happen......for the first second or so you're just in shock that this is really your fingernail that's blazing!
Angela Z.
Old November 11th, 2003, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! It's the tropics in Calgary. We may see 40 degrees F in the next couple of days.
I've loaded up on windshield washer fluid, hoping its going to melt the snow, so we can start winter over LATER.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 11th, 2003, 12:01 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good afternoon everyone! Being a little lazy today after doing all the post cruise laundry and other stuff yesterday. Have to work later today.....bummer.

It is cloudy and warmer than it has been here in SE Wisconsin today.....might get up to the mid 50's!!!! Downright balmy! lol

Hope everyone has a great day!