Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 15th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Best Cruiseline for traveling with 3 year old?

Need help choosing a cruiseline...

My husband and I will be taking our VERY 1st cruise next year (looking at January 2005)...I'm trying to figure out what is the best cruiseline for traveling with our 3 year old daughter...

My 1st thought was Disney but when comparing prices, I can probably get a 7 night on ANY OTHER cruiseline for the price of a 4 night on Disney...

Any advice from the "expert cruisers" on here?

Thanks in advance!

Virginia, Bob & Katelynn (2 1/2 years old)
Sponsored Links
Old July 15th, 2004, 11:42 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Best Cruiseline for traveling with 3 year old?

I have only see Camp Carnival in action, and a daycare educator, I was very impressed with their facilities and programs. I do not have young children myself, so I can only comment as an observer. Carnival was also quite enjoyable for my husband, myself, and my teen son. Hope you pick a good one, and enjoy your cruise!

donna

Old July 16th, 2004, 12:01 AM
First Mate

We will be taking our 4 year old and 2 year old on the Carnival Spirit in December after seeking out advice in several places.

Carnival Mardi Gras - July 1991
RCCL Viking Serenade - November 1994
Carnival Pride - September 2004
Old July 16th, 2004, 06:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

My best guess would be Disney Cruise Lines...

Old July 16th, 2004, 08:54 AM
Admiral

the top rated cruise lines for kids programs are Disney, Royal Caribbean, Princess and Carnival. A lot depends upon what your wants, needs and expecations are when it comes to cruising.
Disney - very pricey as compared to other mainstream cruise lines, you are paying for the name and the reputation. If you love all things Disney and want a Disney themed experience it might be worth it to you.
Carnival - the most relaxed and casual of all the mainstream cruise lines, Camp Carnival is very highly rated for kids, tons of kids on board especially during school holiday breaks.
Royal Caribbean- Voyager Class ships - these are the ships with the rock-climbing wall, inline skating track, ice shows and ice skating rink, great family vacation - reallly good kids programs.
Princess - a bit more on the elegant side than the others- not stuffy or anything like that - Princess has a casual elegance about it- more like a fine resort hotel. Princess also has a highly rated kids program. Great service, great food. Lots of activites . Choose the big Grand Class ships. Princess limits the number of kids allowed on the ship so there aren't tons and tons of them, there are plenty especially during school holiday breaks. Kids program is a bit more personal on Princess - imo.
Old July 16th, 2004, 01:59 PM
Yeoman

I'd go Carnival, your 3 year old is not going to climb the rock climbing wall on Royal Caribbean Ships so why go on them when the food is consistantly rated as lower quality than on Carnival and Princess.