Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 23rd, 2003, 10:40 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks
Default Itīs MONDAY! Rise & Shine!!!

Everyone have their coffee or tea?

For all those in the US, itīs a busy week, isnīt it? Does everyone have their Thanksgiving Day planned? I wish I had a big turkey dinner to go to but...oh well! There are two americans I get together with each Thanksgiving. We drive to Hamburg, do some Christmas shopping and then go to this one restaurant that serves Thanksgiving dinner. Itīs not the same but fun none the less.

Today is warm and rainy. Looks like that will be the weather for the entire week. My iris, some roses and daisies have decided itīs warm enough to bloom again. Pansies are popping up in the strangest of places, too.

Lisa, glad to hear Gusto is doing better. Give him a big pat!

Enjoy whatever you have to do today!

karen
Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2003, 11:47 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Itīs MONDAY! Rise & Shine!!!

Thanks Karen - he is doing better - hopefully the bandage and the collar can come off Tuesday morning.

Good morning or good night everyone depending on where in the world you are! Cloudy and cold with a chance of snow showers today........one more night of work and I have off on Tuesday - but have to work the rest of the week. Hope everyone has a great day!

Tweety - especially thinking of you this week.

Old November 24th, 2003, 01:17 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to StevieSegel Send a message via Yahoo to StevieSegel

well...its not Monday for about 45 more minutes on the west coast

Finally getting back to work after upper respiratory infection has been fought off (better living through chemistry...I always say) Short week, so I can't wear myself down too bad

Turkey dinner is planned out and shopped for already Just me, my hubby and my mom this year....so nice and easy (a little 13 lb turkey....that's plenty for dinner, leftovers and a big batch of tetrazini)

Well...off to bed -- dreaming of cruising only a fortnight from now

Stephanie
StevieSegel@aol.com
12/03 - Celebrity Mercury/Mexican Riviera
Old November 24th, 2003, 05:16 AM
Yeoman

Good Morning,
Thanks for reminding me of time to Turkey day. Have to make the lists of what is needed. This is the first year in a long time ( since we have lived in Fl) that no relatives are with us. Have one of my friends and her kids coming . Our kids think of each other as cousins anyway so it is almost like having family. Catia is from Sweden so she is making a Swedish dish and Donna, I make tourque(?) a meat pie along with turkey. Kids will help keep DH awake after he eats so as to help light Christmas lights. 1st tree goes up Thanksgiving night. Lisa, glad to see Gusto is doing better. Karen, email me with a good german dish to make. I try and keep ethnic for the kids besides good ole USA food. They are 1/2 German. OK, enough babble. Jenn, I toned it down, I know stop rubbing it in. To all the rest of you, have a great day even if it is Monday. To all of you flying to Fl, it is supposed to be a wonderful week. Chance of showers tonight but other than that great.
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old November 24th, 2003, 05:24 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Itīs MONDAY! Rise & Shine!!!

Good morning from swfl...82 today....Kids are home all week and I like it. Getting ready for Thanksgiving which we celebrate the day after because my mother in law is flying in Thanksgiving evening. Today we will do the rugs and I think tomorrow our furniture is coming. I have to see doctors on tuesday and wednesday for check ups/follow ups. The weekend was way tooooo short but hey this will be a nice week. I just hope I can make it through.

Karen now the Gansezeit is in germany. Do you eat/cook goose? It is my favorite food and we might make one for christmas here in the USA. I have to pick up our turkey on wednesday from the german butcher..25 lbs wow. I cook the turkey over night, it comes out moist and ready ...

I have to eat now so I can take my meds..I will check in again in a few...

Old November 24th, 2003, 05:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where I'm loving the thought of my 2 day work week!
Took an unexpected trip to Tampa yesterday (Hi, Anne!). Hayley had gone over with several friends and one of the girls parents to celebrate her friends 18th birthday by going to the USF football game....they took 2 cars to fit everyone. Unfortunately one of the cars was stolen from the hotel lot so we went to help transport kids home. By the time we returned to Orlando the Tampa police had called our friends to say they found the car.....ripped out steering column not sure what else was wrong with it. They even arrested someone for the theft.
Finally got the turkey yesterday......thaw.....thaw......thaw...
Angela Z.
Old November 24th, 2003, 06:22 AM
susancruzs

Good Morning Everyone!

Coffee is brewing, Karen, so I'll join you soon! Glad the pooch is feeling better, Lisa!

I'll be heading off to my 3rd week of work, and I'm glad it is going well. I really do like it and look forward to going every day.

Abbott's has Friday off so I'll have a 4 day week end and can take my car in for an oil change. Weather is getting colder and the old oil may not be a good thing plus if VW does a random check, I could get in trouble as I'm past due!

No plans for T-time for the first time in my life and actually that sounds like a good thing! Don't want to drive to the UP, I have stuff to do here, Kathy has a craft show all day Saturday. Becky is going with Drew to Pennsylvania, stressing that her mom and I will be alone! I told her it is our choice, we'll be fine!

Actually I will get together with some of the ladies in the park and we will go out for dinner after having a pre-dinner drink at one of the houses!

Well, time to get dressed and hit the road!

Great day everyone!

Susie
Old November 24th, 2003, 06:57 AM
Admiral

Morning all from Florida. Today is suppose to be warm, upper 70's and sunny.

We have a private party this evening at the restaurant so there goes my Monday night ritual of maintenance. But we are closed on Thanksgiving so I can use Thursday to do the equipment repairs.

Sea ya'...............

Thomas
Old November 24th, 2003, 07:06 AM
Admiral

Good morning all

I'm looking forward to my daughter and her boyfriend arriving later tonight. It sure will be fun to have them down here for Thanksgiving.

Going to go out and enjoy the beautiful weather here today.

Hope you all have a good one.

Phyll

Old November 24th, 2003, 07:35 AM
Admiral

Morning all from Montreal where the weather continues unseasonably warm. Makes us rather suspiscious of what may be lurking around the corner!
All your talk about turkey is making me very hungry, haven't had breakfast yet, and I wish I was having turkey this week! Guess I'll have to wait till Christmas for mine...

donna

Old November 24th, 2003, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Aye Mates,
It’s another beauty today, 78 slight breeze in S. Fla.
Today is the day we get 300 turkeys to pass out to the less fortunate tomorrow. With all the problems of the world plus the addition of their own personal despair. And if it gives them a moment of joy, without worry, with their family, then it truly is a blessing. You would have thought we gave them a million bucks. They are so grateful, and astounded, that anyone really cares of their plight. This makes it a real Thanksgiving.

and laughing is contagious,
here’s hoping for an epidemic!
Old November 24th, 2003, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Monday?? Gee, where did Saturday and Sunday go? Except for some brief memories, feels like I slept through them.

Back to work this morning, but even though there's no Thanksgiving here this week, it's only a 4 day work week for me too, before we fly down to Ft. Lauderdale.

Think the temps here may hover in the low 30s F all week, so at least I won't freeze waiting to leave.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 24th, 2003, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Orlando, Cruisemates. Flew in from Pensacola yesterday after a very productive weekend of bridal showering, wedding dress fitting, and program-making. We got so much stuff at my bridal shower it was overwhelming!

Hope everyone has a good week this week... driving back up to my parents' on Wednesday with Mark, looking forward to spending Thanksgiving there (and program folding, and favor wrapping, etc. etc.)

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old November 24th, 2003, 09:29 AM
Admiral

Still offline at home, but hello from work everyone!

Old November 24th, 2003, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Ok so I missed and cant find the post about what finally happened to Gusto-- Lisa I hope everything turns out for the best.
Regular turkey day plans here--- sort of wish I was with Susie----
Cooler weather here too--- leaves are finally starting to fall too-----
Have a great day-- off to work I go--- do have Thanksgiving day off but thats it--- probably would have had to work but the store is closed
Cheers all take care and be good if you can---- guess I'm thinking of CA
April
Old November 24th, 2003, 10:58 AM
Passenger

Good Morning, (still have 3 mins. till noon)

Busy morning trying to get some last minute things done before our friends arrive on Saturday for the cruise on Sunday. Our TAs who are also our friends are having us over for thanksgiving dinner, so I won't have tons of leftovers, but promised Elllis i would make it before Christmas and have everyone over, preChristmas dinner party.

Glad to hear that everyone sounds like they have everything together with their plans for the week. Gotta run, keep smiling , it looks good on ya!!

Jeanne

My clock is wrong, should be 6 days to go!!

Post Edited (11-24-03 11:01)
Old November 24th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to LGalla9464 Send a message via MSN to LGalla9464
Default Re: Re: Itīs MONDAY! Rise & Shine!!!

Good morning from Houston..was 34 and nippy at about 4am when I got up for work. (Mike, I thought I had it cold here!)....but was in the 70's less than 24hrs ago....

Trying to get theNew Orleans Party bug out and get back to the working world. Not easy. Am working Thursday straight through the weekend, so y'all have some turkey and eggnog for me!
Laura