Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 29th, 2003, 01:12 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks
Default Coffee anyone??? Morning!!!

It is COLD this morning in northern Germany. Cold and foggy to be exact. Walking Toby this morning left me feeling like my ears were about to drop off. I swear I heard my mother telling me "I told you to put a hat on." Moms are always right!

Last night we went out to dinner and then to see a movie. We ended up watching Russell Crowe sailing around Cape Horn. Sorry but this movie affirmed something for me. I donīt like him as an actor! I honestly wished I had gone to see Nemo.

This evening I get to pry myself into a full length dress for dhīs company annual ball. Better get my perma-smile ready too. :0) I wonder who we will be sharing a table with. Two years ago we had a really fun table. Hope we do this year.

What are your plans for the weekend? Hopefully fun!

Have a good one!

karen
Sponsored Links
Old November 29th, 2003, 04:54 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Coffee anyone??? Morning!!!

Karen,
It's cold here too in Fl and blustery. I swear Kuki brought this with him.( VBG) We are going to be cold and windy but sunny. OK, so 65 is cold to me. I can't believe I missed being a SDM. Jack, thanks for reminding me. I am starting to get into panic mode. Mom and Dad's car is due in to Fl today and Dh's parents are due tomorrow. Today is spent cleaning!!!!!!. Have to get boys to clean their rooms. Any extra shovels out there? Ugh. Then they get to help decorate the house. Off for the next cup of cofee. Karen, want another cup?
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old November 29th, 2003, 05:10 AM
Admiral

Guten morgen Karen, Anne and all who follow...

Another weekend is upon us, and this modern beatitude reappears:"Blessed are the lucky cruisers, for theirs shall be the Kingdom of Complete Fulfillment". Have a great one out there all you who go down to the sea in ships, for you are about to experience total bliss! And next weekend it will be my turn.

Karen, don't fret about the arrangement of your table at the company party. The way those affairs usually go, most people won't even remember who was at whose table! Just enjoy it for what it is ... a seasonable freebie, and have a fabulous time. And you're welcome, Anne. SDM status is not to be missed. Eight days & counting! Enjoy.

Bon voyage and have a ball, all you preparing to embark, because you've earned it. Happy cruisin'!

Jack

Norwegian Dream
Baltic, Aug.'04

Post Edited (11-29-03 05:18)
Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old November 29th, 2003, 05:51 AM
Admiral

Good morning Karen, Anne, Jack, Kim and all the Cruisemates to follow. I think I just have to resign myself to the fact that I do not know how to sleep in anymore. This morning it was 6 a.m. (Thanksgiving morning I woke up at 5:15). I tell myself I'm going to just lie there and go back to sleep. But within a few minutes all the "to do lists" pop into my head. So, here I am! Today's plans are: 1. Go to the hairdresser and get this gray covered! 2. Work on the wedding quilt. 3. Possibly write out Christmas cards.
4. Play cards tonight with Gary's brother and wife.
Oh yeah, when I let Sadie out this morning.....there was snow on the ground!!!! I guess it is really here now. You all have a wonderful day.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old November 29th, 2003, 06:16 AM
Admiral

Good morning all

Brrrrrrrr! Took the dog out and it sure is cold out there. Think I'm getting soft living down here. :-)

Looks like lots of you will be cruising soon. Ann, Kim, Jeanne, Kuki and I know there are others. Congratulations to you all and happy sailing.

Phyll

Old November 29th, 2003, 06:17 AM
Passenger

Good Morning All, from very chilly and windy SE Floirda! I agree that Kuki must have brought this from Canada with him, just glad he made it safely. Tomorrow is our "Berthday" and we are so excited, one reason for not being able to sleep in on a Saturday. Our bags are packed and just a few last minute to-dos and we are off for the Millennium. I hope you all stay well and be happy while we are gone. Kim&Jack, have a great cruise, you'll be leaving when we return. I will definitely have a frozen thingy for all of you. Jeanne&Ellis

Post Edited (11-29-03 06:20)
Old November 29th, 2003, 07:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from chilly Orlando. Today will be Christmas tree buying day....have never bought one this early before but when I looked at the calendar and everything coming up in the following weekends this was the only day! Of course I can't just go to the corner lot....my sister found these guys who come to Cocoa Beach (she lives there) every year and I swear they are the best trees.....so we'll be the ones in the little pick up truck full of tree on the Beeline today!
Tonight it's out to dinner at Lee's Lakeside with father in law and brother in law and sister in law. And it'll be cold enough to wear holiday stuff!
Angela Z.
Old November 29th, 2003, 08:12 AM
First Mate

good morning all....we woke up to snow today & it is cold. I need a hot toddy just to keep warm but I will settle for hot chocolate.(I don't do coffee but I love french vanilla cappuccino). I guess it really is gettin into the season now...

Old November 29th, 2003, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Dum.........dum..............da.............da.... .............Good morning from the frozen tundra of Florida, where the moose have been seen in Burlington's Warehouse buying winter coats. They've also been hording all the hot chocolate and the stores are now rationing.

Go back Kuki.............and take your Canadian weather with you.

Today's a busy one for me and I guess I better get started........where's that cup of coffee? Have to go to St. Augustine to check on the progress of the new bimini top which was destroyed in the wind. Then to buy a new T.V. and install it at the restaurant. Then put the new cash register through some more trials to test out it's programming. Then prep for tonight's business. Then open and close the business. Then start something for tomorrow's tailgate party.

Hope all you lucky people going on cruises have great weather and generous blackjack dealers.

Regards,
Thomas
Old November 29th, 2003, 08:25 AM
susancruzs

Good Morning Everyone!

Sure wish I was in Florida or on a Thanksgiving cruise. Think I may need to do that again next year! Bon Voyage to all cruisers! Kuki I hope you like Costa! My neighbors are going the week after you so please leave the ship in great shape for them! :-)

Not as cold as yesterday but still pretty nippy out. After my 3 mile walk yesterday and 2 hrs. to warm up, I'm going to the Mall to walk this a.m. Irene is NOT coaxing me out today.

Phyll, I think you have gone soft :-)! Wish you were here for our temps and we could go to Apple Whatever, Holler, I think, but sit indoors!!!

Guess I better go do that walk instead of talking about it!

Have a great day everyone and safe trips home for those traveling!

Susie
Old November 29th, 2003, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Quick good morning from Montreal where it is cold, windy, and snowing! Not the best day for a move, but that's what I'm doing, moving my daughter to her new apt. in a snowstorm. Whoopee. Rather be on a cruise, believe me! Seeya later, gotta go.

donna

Old November 29th, 2003, 08:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A "balmy" morning in FT Lauderdale <G>

I'm convinced I carry the weather " voodoo doll". Last couple of trips to Florida, I seemed to encounter this cool weather..... and I didn't even open my suitcase yet. lol

Slept beautifully last night, and let the stress of our flights disappear in our dreams.

Jeanne... will be waving at you from the Mediterranea if we sail out the same time tomorrow!

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 29th, 2003, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Good morning-- finally getting to enjoy my morning cup of coffee---- My little spoiled dog gets his walk first------ a bit chilly too this morning but no frost-- so no complaints from the west coast here--- if only I were on a cruise ?????
Off to work I go--- oh what fun--hahaha--- no not complaining here either---- take care -be good
Cheers all
April
Old November 29th, 2003, 11:05 AM
Admiral

GMCM-...-

On mornings like this I remember a song we'd sing in second grade.
"When you hear the wind that's blowing cold in the winter night...
...tomorrow you will see the world all frosty white."

And so it happened. Last night we heard the wind. Today, for the first time this season, we have an immeasurably thin dusting of snow. I like snow until 11:59:59P EST, DEC 25. It's only pretty until then. After that, give me waves and sails where there are palm trees.

Happy Berthday, Jean&Ellis. [I thought we were DDM, but I miscounted. I forgot 2004 is Leap year. Now I'm disappointed.]

Have a great day, all! Enjoy the pretty lights!

Steve

Until Inspiration
Sensation 2/03
Enchantment 9/03

Post Edited (11-29-03 11:11)
Old November 29th, 2003, 11:56 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Default Re: Re: Coffee anyone??? Morning!!!

Kuki, Will be looking for your antlers!! Have a wonderful cruise. don't forget pics of the Toga party! Never saw a moose in a toga before!

Jeanne

Old November 29th, 2003, 12:13 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good afternoon everyone from cloudy and cold Wisconsin. A very light dusting of snow on the ground here. Off to do some grocery shopping!