Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 30th, 2003, 05:08 AM
Admiral

Default Rise and Shine..it is Sunday!

Good morning mates...it is a freezing 40 degrees here in Florida and I am shivering! Have not logged on since Thursday, was busy with thanksgiving and company.

I will read everyones posts now and see how all the turkey dinners went. Feeling fine here, but the two seperate turkey dinners made me sick each night. There is something in the turkeys I can not tolerate and I can not eat turkey again. Very strange.

Today is the first Advent and we will light our first candle on our little advent "wreath" from germany. Maybe I make a few cookies with the girls too.. Have a nice day,

Old November 30th, 2003, 06:36 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Rise and Shine..it is Sunday!

Morning Sue, sorry to hear about your repulsion with turkey.

It's too early to be awake on Sunday but I can't sleep. Maybe after while I can take a nap before going to the Jag/Buc football game tonight. It will be a long drive home if I'm not able to get some rest before the game.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday afternoon watching their favorite team.

Regards,
Thomas
Old November 30th, 2003, 06:50 AM
Admiral

Good morning Sue, Thomas and all the CM to follow. Sue, my sister in-law has the same problem with turkey. Same thing happens to me when I eat pork. I guess all of our bodies are different!
I think today will be a "stay at home day" and I hope to accomplish a lot. I'm off work tomorrow....so I won't be having those "I hate Sunday night blues" here.
Hey Mike....have you received my last couple of emails?
Have a great day guys!

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old November 30th, 2003, 07:33 AM
susancruzs

Good Morning Everyone!

Sorry to hear that turkey doesn't agree with you, Sue! It isn't high on my list but I do eat it. I have issue with my sense of smell and being indoors with a roasting turkey. :-)

It isn't just turkey, if I'm around an odor long peiods of time, days later no matter where I am, I still smell the same odor. Whether it be a turkey roasting, leaves burning, a wood fire, exhaust fumes, whatever.

Seems strange but an awful experience, you can't get the odor out of your head, takes days to go away. I usually use Vics or something to over power it. My family thinks I'm making it up, they don't understand.

Enjoy the game Thomas, sounds fun and ML great that you won't have the Sunday night blues! I'm already going into my 4th week on the new job and I still like it! :-)

Looks to be a great day here in NE Illinois, think I'll go for an early morning walk!

Susie
Old November 30th, 2003, 07:56 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Just wanted to say Bye for now!! Ready to pack the car and leave. See you all next week. Thanks for the Bon Voyage!!

Jeanne and Ellis

Old November 30th, 2003, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Good morning Susie , Marylou, Sue, Thomas and all who follow. Got up early this morning, lots to do and might even venture out to do some shopping later today. It is starting to feel a lot like winter now. Guess it's time to start counting the days till Springtime returns.

Sue sorry you have problems with turkey. No physical problem here, just don't particularly like turkey. Love all the fixin's that go with it so dinner isn't a total loss.

Thomas enjoy the game. Sure hope you can catch a few winks.

Marylou you get to stay home tomorrow and I get to go to work. That's a switch. Doing windows and curtains today so I can start decorating for the holidays.

Carnival Glory
Old November 30th, 2003, 08:12 AM
Admiral

Sue, you're certainly up early today! Too bad about the turkey, maybe the cause is Tryptopan, the gas formed by roasting a turkey. Have you seen that commercial? Apparently the cure for Tryptopan is a TriptotheCaribbean, a TriptoAlaska, or a TriptoEurope (all fo course, on a cruise with Royal Caribbean!!) It's a great commercial!
!
While the rest of you rest and watch football today, my weekend soldiers on... taking the daughter to a medical clinic today and demanding antibiotics, she has been sick for too long. Then we have to shop and fill her brand new empty pantry, and hit the Dollar Stores for a few other apartment essentials. I'm going back to work tomorrow for a rest!

P,S. "It's a freezing 40 degrees here in Florida..." I wish! THAT would be a heatwave here, where we are suffering the first attack of minus degrees and wind chill after a first major snowfall... ahhh, Winter!

donna

Post Edited (11-30-03 08:19)
Old November 30th, 2003, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who's not real fond of turkey....have made a big one every Thanksgiving but just can't get excited about it.
Angela Z.
Old November 30th, 2003, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! The weather in Calgary is ...... WHO CARES. I'm not there!

Mrs. Kuki's in the shower, then we reassemble our suitcases, head down for breakfast, and then HEAD TO THE PIER!

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 30th, 2003, 09:33 AM
Admiral

Good morning from SE Florida where the temps are going up. Didn't feel as cold out there this morning as it did yesterday.

Jake and I went to McDonalds drive through and got some breakfast to eat while we sat by the Jetty and watched the water and activities there.

http://evs2.video-monitoring.com/images/jupiter/
(web site for Jupiter inlet cam if you want to look)

We were invited for turkey leftovers at my brother's house yesterday, but Jake reacts like some of you to turkey, and so we went out for some nice Italian food instead. :-)

Have a good Sunday all.

Phyll

Old November 30th, 2003, 10:55 AM
Admiral

Good morning one and all--- woke up to a damp San Jose CA---not raining yet---it had just stopped-- my good luck for walking my dog. Sorry to hear about food problems-- lucky there is such a variety that we can all find something to eat that we enjoy-- for me sometimes too much-------lol.
Off to work I go----at least most of the people-- seem to be in pretty good moods-- so far------have a great day-- take care--- and be safe
Cheers
April
Old December 1st, 2003, 09:52 AM
Admiral

My Sunday was spent on the road.

Thomas, we went to Orlando by way of Jacksonville due to reports of traffic on I-75, and thought about stopping at your restaurant - but we weren't sure exactly where it was. Just as well, though, as you were whooping it up at the Jaguars game instead.

Cheers,
Michelle B.