Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 1st, 2003, 08:19 PM
Kathy G

Default Radisson or Celebrity

Trying to decide between Radisson Navigator or Celebrity Horizon for Bermuda June 2004??? We have sailed Celebrity before but I am hesitant about an older ship and smaller cabins - we usually do balcony cabins.
Would love to hear from someone who has sailed on Navigator.

Thanks,

Kathy
Sponsored Links
Old December 1st, 2003, 08:22 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Radisson or Celebrity

We will be on Seven Seas Navigator to Bermuda 2 June. With the 2 for 1 prices, definitely cheaper getting the balcony on Navigator. Smallest cabin is 301 sq ft. Most have balcony. Leaves Wed from NYC so in Bermuda Fri-Sun, when most other ships are in transit. Let me know if you have specific questions about Navigator or Radisson.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old December 1st, 2003, 08:31 PM
Kathy G

Default Re: Re: Radisson or Celebrity

We are looking at the June 23 sailing - can combine it with a July 4th week-end in NYC. It looks like a wonderful ship - looks like you are "hooked" on Radisson. How do they stock your in-cabin bar? The prices are just a bit over what I was looking at on Horizon and I think the ship will be a bit more upscale. Our last cruise was on Celebrity Millennium and it was a wonderful ship with very good service.
Thanks for the info.

Kathy
Old December 1st, 2003, 08:37 PM
Admiral

We are combining with four day precruise in NYC over Memorial Day weekend.

You get two bottles of liquor. Can be wine. You also get fridge stocked with any sodas water (always replenished) and two beers, not replenished. You also get a bottle of Champagne.

With the 2 for 1, balconies start at just $1902 per person. A decent TA will get you an additional 5%. Virtuoso ( or probably the other consortiums) will get you $200 shipboard credit and a shore excursion. Use the real Amex Platinum and you get $300 more shipboard credit. Liquor, not just wine, included at dinner. Many parties also have free liquor. Your shipboard credit really should cover additional costs (unless you use spa a lot). We also use shipboard credit for onboard booking for additional 5% off.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old December 1st, 2003, 08:55 PM
Ginnie

Default Re: Re: Re: Radisson or Celebrity

We sailed the Radisson Seven Seas Navigator last May to Bermuda. The ship is beautiful and the suite was incredible. Very spacious with a walk-in closet, a large bathroom with a tub and a seperate stall shower and a huge vanity in between. The verandah was also spacious.
A form in the cabin listed the various spirits that we could have our suite stocked with, all premium brands, one bottle per person.
The cocktails at the bars were reasonable, we thought, and the wine with dinner was included. No cheap house wines either, but an excellent choice of wines every night, and as much as you wanted.
The dining room features open seating, and you can choose between a table for 2 or dine with other people. The food was excellent and the service superb. Tipping is also included, although we chose to tip an additional amount, as the service was great.
We have sailed the Horizon and also the Zenith to Bermuda, but both ships are getting old, and can not compare to the newer Celebrity ships.
The Navigator is by far your better choice!
Happy Cruising, Ginnie
Old December 1st, 2003, 09:12 PM
Kathy G

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Radisson or Celebrity

I think you guys have sold me. I have been so hesitant about the older ships. We like large cabins and newer ships. I just wish this skipped Norfolk and spent more time in Bermuda.
I appreciate all the info and my TA did have a great rate..
Ginnie what category cabin did you have? I am looking at just doing a Cat H as it will be more of a hotel and I don't think we'll need a balcony.

Thanks!!

Kathy
Old December 2nd, 2003, 07:35 PM
Suzie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radisson or Celebrity

Kathy,
Why do you wish the Navigator would skip Norfolk? Have you ever been there?
Radisson picks up quite a few passengers at Nauticus and the Williamsburg tour is popular.
I boarded in Norfolk last May for Bermuda ( I live in Va. Beach) and Radisson is the only way to cruise for me from now on.
The cabins are spacious and the service is outstanding....Bermuda is beautiful and clean. Only one night of rough seas and it didn't faze us at all...like rocking the baby to sleep!

Suzie
Old December 2nd, 2003, 07:47 PM
Kathy G

Suzie-

Actually as it turns out I have now booked us on the the 5/25 sailing leaving from Norfolk and then sailing on to NYC - Bermuda this was my preferred route. Yes I have been to Virginia Beach and it's a nice area. What would be a decent hotel to stay overnight in the Norfolk area near the pier? We'll fly in a day early.
What was the dress on this cruise - do they do a formal night or is it all cuntry club casual???

Thanks,

Kathy