Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 5th, 2003, 07:35 AM
Admiral

Default How Embarassing....

Yesterday was Dec. 4, as I'm sure all of you are aware. Everybody except ME, realized the date. I came home last night to a lovely candle-light supper and asked my husband, did we have a power failure? Or what's the occasion? Then it hit me. Dec. 4 is the anniversary of the night we met 10 years ago at a One Parent Families dance.
We have celebrated this anniversary every year for the past 9 years, and it is more significant to us than our actual wedding anniversary (2 yrs). How could I forget? I was mortified to realize I hadn't a clue as to what day it was. I am SO embarassed, and although hubby thinks it funny, I can't forgive myself. What an idiot! Have any of you CMs ever done anything like this?

donna

Old December 5th, 2003, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Default Re: How Embarassing....

Ok let me be, first in line to say how stupid I am.
A couple weeks before and on a Saturday Carol had suggested that she invite some friends, Cathy & Craig, over and have a small birthday celebration. The way she said it I thought it was my friend, Craig’s (golfing buddy), Birthday. We also invited 2 more couples over for the party. I had worked that Saturday and Carol had asked me to stop by the bakery to pick up the cake on my way home. The baker brought out the cake and asked for approval of the writing, Happy Birthday Jason. I said no, no, no, Jason is the guy picking up the cake….short pause …followed by …..Yes it’s fine... I had completely forgotten my own Birthday. They rub that one in every chance they get. Oh well, they say the memory is the second thing to fail…..lol

and laughing is contagious,
here’s hoping for an epidemic!
Old December 5th, 2003, 09:58 AM
dee-lynn

W-O-W!!! What an attentive husband you have, he can actually remember the anniversary date of when you met!!! Congratulations on your special day!!!
Old December 5th, 2003, 10:38 AM
Admiral

Donna,

I think you definately owe that man a cruise.

What a sweetheart he must be. I'll bet it was fun surprising you. No guilt allowed.

Phyll

Old December 5th, 2003, 10:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

I forgot Art's birthday one year -- man, now that was 2 days of fun!

Harry
Old December 5th, 2003, 08:25 PM
Admiral

Jason, you certainly go to the head of the "stupid line"! !

donna

Old December 5th, 2003, 11:41 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to StevieSegel Send a message via Yahoo to StevieSegel

Let me take a swipe at "head of the line" status

When I was a senior in high school, I had to study for the dreaded SAT's.....

Mind you, I freeze on "everyday" kind of tests, and I'm a tiny bit dyslexic to boot

So I study study study for weeks, trying to remember all these stupid math problems and grammar things and such.....

Go in early on a Saturday morning to take the test....first thing they want you to fill out is -- "Last Name__________ First Name_____________"

I literally stared at that for a full minute........I blanked my own name!!!!!

Everybody, all together now.......

DUH!

Stephanie
StevieSegel@aol.com
12/03 - Celebrity Mercury/Mexican Riviera
Old December 8th, 2003, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Every year Mark's birthday falls during our annual trip to Keys for Fantasy Fest. This year it was on the Sunday we drove home. All week I thought about how I would have to wish him a happy birthday on Sunday.

Well, Sunday came around, we packed and headed out of our condo, stopping at a huge gift shop we always stop at. Mark, our friend John, and I were wandering around, and Mark pointed out a cool wall map he liked. As we were browsing, John took me aside and said, "Let me know if he buys that wall map, because if he doesn't, I'll get it for him for his birthday." Hit me like a ton of bricks! I had totally forgotten!

I grabbed a shirt he had liked and bought it for him real quick. When we were in the car I gave it to him with a "happy birthday," and he said, "awwww, you're the only one who remembered!" <G> (John gave him the map later in the day.)

I never told!

Cheers,
Michelle B.