Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 5th, 2003, 01:09 PM
Passenger

Default Gay couple

My partner and I (we are a gay male couple) are considering taking a Caribbean cruise this winter. Are there particular lines that would be better for us (where we would feel less uncomfortable, etc) Thanks for any advice you may have.
Sponsored Links
Old December 5th, 2003, 01:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Gay couple

Hi Manny,
I think you'll find just about all the cruiselines where you'd enjoy the cruise and be able to have fun.. I know of a regular gay poster here that has cruised with Princess a number of times, and has in fact just received some special awards for cruising with them so often, you may want to check out some of their ships and itinaries.

Do you have any ships in mind at this point?

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 5th, 2003, 02:53 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Gay couple

Thanks for your comments. I was Looking at Celebrity Galaxy -- or some of the Royal Caribbean ships. -Manny
Old December 5th, 2003, 03:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Re: Gay couple

Hi Manny,
Any thought to a "Voyager" class ship of Royal Caribbean? We're going in Feb.....??

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 5th, 2003, 09:00 PM
Admiral

Manny,

I have a gay friend who is wanting to go on a cruise, so I checked the Gay/Lesbian board for him - LOTS of info about specific cruise lines and ships.

Good luck!
dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old December 6th, 2003, 02:43 AM
NotCruiseaholic

That's right Dorothy
Old December 6th, 2003, 06:47 AM
Admiral

Manny: As the others of have said, check out our G&L boards here at CruiseMates. You stated you are looking at both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. I believe both of the lines would be fine for you. Royal Caribbean might be a little more active at night. As Donna said, a bunch of us here are sailing on VOS in February. Email me if you want more info on that. Let us know what you decide. Good luck hunting.....choosing the cruise and doing the research is half of the fun.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old December 6th, 2003, 10:26 AM
Admiral

David and I prefer Princess in that regard. They almost always have gatherings for gay people which is a subtle way to aknowledge that gay people are welcome and accepted. However we have rarely felt unwelcome on any cruiseline. But there are incidents with uneducated passengers and staff that can occur on any cruiseline. You have to discount them as they occur. Happy sailing!

You'll have a great time on most any cruiseline, especially if it's your first cruise. Just read the reviews about ships, itinerary, while considering budget and you'll be set to go.

Post Edited (12-06-03 11:47)
Old December 6th, 2003, 01:02 PM
Yeoman

My husband and I met two wonderful friends Tommy and Carlos on the Explorer of the Seas. They seem to enjoy Royal Caribbean and we were blessed to have had them as our dinner partners on our first cruise ever. We have been friends ever since.

Since then, they moved to Florida, where we also live, and have socialized with them always planning our next cruise. We are all going on a cruise in May 04, again on the Explorer to celebrate my 50th and Tommy's 50th. Can't wait.

I think you will find that RCL will be great. Celebrity seems to have an older crowd. We sail them also because the dining room food is fabulous. If you live more glitz, try the Voyager ships on RCL,

Let us know what you decide.

PS...the Eastern Caribbean is nicer than the Western. Especially St. Thomas...jewelry to die for!
Old December 8th, 2003, 01:35 PM
Passenger

I think we are settled on the Celebrity Galxay out of San Juan on January 16th. Thanks for all the advice.
-Manny