Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 8th, 2003, 10:53 AM
Passenger

Default Cruising in your 20s

Hi All,

I'm booking a cruise for me and 4 of my buddies (5 guys, mid-20s, college educated, straight, 3 single, 2 not). Any advice for finding a cruise which is geared towards a younger market (parties, adventure options, other young people)? Thanks so much!

Corey
Sponsored Links
Old December 8th, 2003, 10:56 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Cruising in your 20s

Oh, we are going in August '04. Thanks
Old December 8th, 2003, 11:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Corey,

It would help if you said what areas you weer interested in cruising (West Coast, Caribbean etc)

One tip -- be sure all your reservations are linked so that you can all get at the same dining table.

Harry
Old December 8th, 2003, 11:07 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Cruising in your 20s

We are thinking West Caribbean, but only because 2 of us live in Florida, we are pretty open.
Old December 8th, 2003, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Carnival has a lot of fun activities, and you may also want to consider one of the mega-ships in the Voyager class from Royal Carribean.

I've never cruised Caribbean, but I am sure others will be able to give you some good ideas. Ships also leave out of New Orleans, Galveston and Jacksonville, so if that would make it more convenient for your group.

Harry
Old December 8th, 2003, 11:48 AM
Admiral

I would suggest cruising Carnival or Royal Caribbean. They have many options out of Florida and sailing in August will probably have more younger folks on board.

The Caribbean will be hot and humid in August though. When the ship is underway it won't be bad at all, but once it stops in a port it will be muggy. Plan shore excursions accordingly.

Regards,
Thomas
Old December 8th, 2003, 12:32 PM
Admiral

For a great time and something a bit different, try a Windjammer Cruise. Although ages range from young to old, your group would have a great time on one of these cruises.
Old December 8th, 2003, 12:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

You may actually want to try a formally organized singles group cruise. They do get some fairly large groups.... and they supply activities and excursions specifically for the people in their groups.

On regular cruises all the lines set aside an evening or two for singles to meet and mingle, but other than that activities are set for the general passenger base.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 8th, 2003, 01:30 PM
Admiral

My fiancÚ and I are both in our 20s and LOVE to cruise. I'd say if you're going with a big group of friends, Carnival is your best bet, and I've also heard good things about the Royal Caribbean Voyager-class ships for people our age. We love Carnival, there's never a shortage of partying, adventure options, and other young people. FYI, you tend to especially find a younger crowd on the shorter cruises, 3- or 4-days.

Good luck finding the perfect cruise - I know it's out there!

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old December 8th, 2003, 05:39 PM
First Mate

Hello, I am in my twenties also and love carnival. I am already booked for my 4th cruise, and am bringing 4 1st cruisers with me. If you like the party scene I would defin. say try something that ports in cozumel. I have never had so much fun there, plenty to do doing the day and lots of places to drink at (carlos n charlies, fat tuesdays, and senor frogs.)
The fascination has a monday thru friday that goes to key west and cozumel that is a nice time.

If Any questions please email (put something about cruising in subject so i dont erase

michele

Fascination
Old December 9th, 2003, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Cruising in your 20s

Cozumel is a great port for partying! The Sensation out of Tampa also has a four-day that goes to Cozumel over a weekend. Great itinerary for people in their 20s.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old December 10th, 2003, 07:56 PM
Dave Mills

Hey Corey: Suggest Adventure of the Seas, RCCL. We did the Eastern Caribbean and it was a blast. Lots of 20's and 30's, honeymooners, etc. Western Carbbian would be hot too. Enjoy!

Dave