Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 12th, 2003, 09:52 PM
First Mate

Default Still the cruise but bad news today for the Momster

Some of you know that I specifically booked this cruise because a certain friend was going to be on the ship. Right destination and he was there.......what do you ask for??? Well I can say at least Homeland Security is working. Our friend didn't do anything wrong but there was a problem with his visa over something from a very long time ago........trust me on this, it's nothing but he was immediatly shipped from the Bahama's to Canada. He will not be on the cruise next week. (Him being there was the main reason I booked the cruise)

Momster called me today in tears over all this and its really very simple. I will never be one to downplay Homeland Security as most of you know........... but this is hard. If you understood why I was the sole care giver of the Momster it would be easier but well that's a long story. It's very hard to have to accept I do not control certain things. I actually thought about trying to find a way to cancel the trip but she wouldn't let me.

I know we will have a blast as I won't accept anything less........... for those that go out and dont by chance get to hit the port they wanted..............trust me, there are things in life that can hurt worse. M

Carnival Spirit

Sponsored Links
Old December 12th, 2003, 09:58 PM
Jeanne&Ellis

Default Re: Still the cruise but bad news today for the Momster

Moon, I am so sorry this has happened. I pray that eveything will work out for your friend. Please go and enjoy the cruise with Momster, you both deserve it.

Jeanne

Old December 13th, 2003, 01:35 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks

How sad and frustrating. Sorry to hear what has happened. As Jeanne said, go and enjoy the cruise.

karen
Old December 13th, 2003, 07:29 AM
Admiral

Sorry to hear about this Moon. I do hope you have a good time anyway. Keep a smile on the face and a face on the smile.

Regards,
Thomas
Old December 13th, 2003, 08:09 AM
Admiral

Aww, too bad Moon, how frustrating. But try to be positive and remember YOU are going on a cruise, and WE are staying home in the freezing Dec. weather! Have a great time!

donna

Old December 13th, 2003, 09:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Moon, I'm sorry to hear this didn't work out but it's still a good thing to go and make some great memories with your mom.
Angela Z.
Old December 13th, 2003, 10:00 AM
susancruzs

Moon, make the best of it anyway and have a great cruise with your mom! Keep the chin up, smile and enjoy the cruise!

Susie
Old December 15th, 2003, 08:18 PM
First Mate

Hey Gang,

Well we leave Micco, FL to Miami in the morning. So far everything has been wonderful ...........just wasn't sure about getting out of the state of KY. There was a 20 mile stretch below Berea where the snow started and then the ice came in. Took us 4 hours to get out of it. I've never seen so many cars piled up. Im only hoping that there were no deaths. Probably well over 30 cars in crashes and stuff plus a jack knife. What's important though is we have been in Florida since yesterday and today was wonderfully sunny though cool enough for a jacket. We went up the coast to Cape Canaveral and did get to see one of the big ships in port..................it is so exciting to know what we will be doing in two days!!! I so love to see those big beautiful ships in port. After tonight I dont know if I will be back on again before we return home but thought I would give an update of the trip. We will be hanging out doing some window shopping in Miami tomorrow. Momster is in a great state of mind so far and if she is down she is keeping it to herself. We've just kept her really busy. Y'all be sure to think about us on Wed. about 4pm as that great blast of joy will be coming from the Spirit reminding the world of a new adventure! Y'all have a great week and I'll talk to you when we get back!
Old December 16th, 2003, 07:43 AM
Admiral

Have a great trip and please post pictures when you return.

Regards,
Thomas