Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 15th, 2003, 12:44 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks
Default Itīs MONDAY. Morning!

We woke up this morning to.....

SNOW!

White stuff everywhere and itīs still coming down....hard! This area rarely gets snow so it was a surprise. Traffic is chaotic! Most people donīt even bother to get winter tires here thus the problems. The snow is supposed to continue all day. We are supposed to go to see Nickelback this evening. Hope things clear up by then.

Who wishes right now that they were on a cruise or is that a dumb question to ask???

Enjoy your coffee or tea this morning.

karen
Sponsored Links
Old December 15th, 2003, 03:31 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Itīs MONDAY. Morning!

Good Morning,
That's a four letter word. Have a touch of vertigo so can't type much. Have a great day
Will chat more later
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old December 15th, 2003, 04:25 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Itīs MONDAY. Morning!

Good morning from very chilly swfl...and the temps are supposed to be only 68 today! BRRRRRR.....

Had a wonderful time in Sanibal and I will post pictures and stuff later. I was reminded why we moved to Florida..what beauty.

I am doing a little christmas shopping today and the kids have exams all week. My husband has been fighting a soar throat and does not feel well.

I will check in later...Karen enjoy the snow, it must look pretty. Anne hope you feel better too................

Old December 15th, 2003, 05:00 AM
Admiral

Good morning Sue, Anne, Karen and all Cruisemates who follow from Long Island. Between painting the bedroom, decorating for Christmas and shoveling snow, I went to bed so early last nite that here I am before 6AM wide awake and ready to face the day. Only trouble is, it's so dark outside I don't know what the day looks like yet.

Welcome back Anne, hope you enjoyed the cruise. Glad you had fun in Sanibel Sue, will look forward to the pictures and Karen you can count me as one of those who wishes they were on a cruise right now. Somehow I don't think you will get too many who say "NAH I don't thing I'd rather be cruising" :-)

Have to work all week this week since the woman whose place I will be taking leaves for Florida this Friday. Now that's a good thought, get out of this snow ridden Northeast and go south. 214 days till I cruise, a bit early for counting days but it's nice to know there is one out there in the future.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old December 15th, 2003, 05:20 AM
Admiral

Good morning all! It isn't even officially winter yet and I already am tired of it. Driving in this weather is horrendous.......I hate it. I tried to go out yesterday...after a couple of miles, I turned around and went back home....rescheduled our "Christmas tea" for after Christmas. Getting around in the snow is no problem for my car...it is the stopping that is! I hate that feeling of not being able to stop. I was traveling very slow on one of our main highways, lightly hit the brakes and turned sideways across traffic....luckily there was no one else on the road. That was enough for me....went home, put on comfy clothes and wrapped presents! Watched Survivor last night , fell asleep early and now I'm back at the "daily grind". Please wish me luck...today is my first full payroll to do...and I haven't done one in quite awhile. I have a feeling there will be a lot of phone calls for me this week!
You all have a great day. Stay safe and warm.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old December 15th, 2003, 05:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where I guess I really should start Christmas shopping today! Wish I didn't have to work....and then kids have music lessons...I see a window of opportunity beginning around 7pm!
Angela Z.
Old December 15th, 2003, 06:07 AM
susancruzs

Good Morning Everyone!

Happy Monday and I am really getting into this work routine! Still amazed after 15 mos. off that it is so easy to go back, I guess 37 years programs you pretty well!!! :-)

We had a light dusting of snow yesterday but it will melt as it should be in the 40s! I really would like some snow like Tweety has for Christmas! A big snow storm would be o.k. with me.

Hope the vertigo gets better Anne! Karen, Weety and ML send me some snow!

Have a great day everyone!

Susie
Old December 15th, 2003, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Karen, I will definately take that cruise over the weather you and I are experiencing today! We're expecting up to 30cms of the stuff before this storm is over. Lots of snow, but not enough for a "Snow Day", so it's Hi Ho Hi Ho, it's off to work I go.... but first, gotta walk the dog!

donna

Old December 15th, 2003, 08:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Temps in Calgary are forecast to remain above freezing all week. A good thing <G>

Like most everyone, I'm headed back to work today. Have to also take some time and arrange for travel insurance for my folks Hawaii trip in Jan. After all they've been through the last 2 years I'm delighted they're going back to a place they love so much.

Only 15 days tils we head to Vegas for New Years. Saw in the newspaper this week that Vegas is putting on a 1/2 MILLION dollar fireworks display for New Years Eve, off the roofs of 10 hotels on the strip. Should be fun to see!

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 15th, 2003, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Good Morning ! we got the whole "mixed-bag" of weather around here, 5" of snow, then the sleet, freezing rain. Road were horrible this morning getting into work, now its snowing again, supposed to get another 1-2". Its going to be a long winter, February 14" can't come soon enough!

GOLDEN PRINCESS 2/14/04
Old December 15th, 2003, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Jupiter where the sun is shining and the temps are wonderfully cool. Not bad for a Monday.

ML, I am so glad you survived your drive yesterday. That is some scary when the brakes don't stop your car. Glad you had your guardian angel with you.

Maybe today I will get my Christmas cards finished up. I really am dragging my feet on those, but there is still time to get them out.

Hope you all have a good week.

Phyll

Old December 15th, 2003, 09:43 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Morning CMs,

Sue better get your Husband's throat checked right away. Thats how mine started, and I am now after a week waiting to hear back from my doctor. I surely don't want this hanging on for our Christmas dinner partry this Saturday.

I feel for all who have snow right now, I used to hate having to drive in that. I know exactly how you felt ML, when your car went sideways. Happened to me only I spun around in a cirlce and was facing into traffic. Scarey!!!!!!

So glad to be in SE Florida now, where like Phyll, it is cool but beautiful today. Stay warm and safe everyone. Hope you all get the pre chirstmas chores done before Santa comes down the chimney!

Jeanne

Old December 15th, 2003, 10:30 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning from SE Wisconsin. Cloudy and dreary here with rain starting late tonight and changing to snow sometime tomorrow. So far they are saying only an inch of the white stuff to accumulate when all is said and done.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Old December 15th, 2003, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a frosty San Jose CA---- but the sun is shining through--- Thinking I'll skip Christmas this year------- most of it anyways------
Off to work I go--- nice to get out of the house------ good excuse not to do housework hahahaha
Cheers all have a great day--- stay safe take care and keep warm
April