Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 23rd, 2003, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Default Last minte shoppers have lost their minds!

i work at our local KMart and i have to tell you that most of the shoppers have lost their minds! They wander aimlessly up and down the aisles with this dazed "deer in the headlights" look. I have had more than a few customers look at me and say "what am i doing here?"
Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2003, 01:55 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Last minte shoppers have lost their minds!

It is like a scene out of "The Night of the Living Dead Shoppers." They wander aimlessly around the malls and superstores yelling "Bargins, More Bargins!!!!"

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old December 23rd, 2003, 03:18 PM
MichelleM

I was at the grocery store today and I have never seen it that full of people in such a big hurry in the middle of the day. I bet it will be 100% worse tonight about 5:30pm when everyone is off of work. When I drove by the Walmart here the parking lot was very full which means the inside had to be insane (superwalmarts have very, very large parking lots).
Old December 23rd, 2003, 04:19 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Last minte shoppers have lost their minds!

I am going shopping tonight and tomorrow ..I am scared....... oh well I hate going shopping so I guess now I have to do it......

Old December 23rd, 2003, 05:03 PM
Admiral

Be afraid, be very afraid Sue, I went last nite and it was an unbelievable frenzy at the Mall, the clothes in the stores (even the big ones like Macy's) were strewn all over the floor, the lines were bizzare and the people rude. Glad I'm done. Just have to face the crowd at the Supermarket tomorrow after work. Leaving work at noon so have time to spend on line in the Supermarket.

Good luck. And Happy Holidays to all.

Carnival Glory
Old December 23rd, 2003, 05:03 PM
tazee

glad i have all my shopping out of the way!!! got it done early this year. wanted to get it done before my cruise on december 8th i guess. good thing because i now have the flu!!! (whining) on my way to getting well though!! and cracker barrel is cooking my christmas dinner so no problem lol! so instead of shopping , i have been looking at my cruise pics and looking forward to the next one!!! happy holidays to all and happy cruising!!!
Old December 23rd, 2003, 06:28 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I went out to the mall today to do some last minute shopping........next year, if I have the same stupid idea, would someone PLEASE shoot me? I cannot believe the masses of humanity out there in the middle of the day - cannot imagine what it is like in the evening! I am now completely DONE for the holiday! One more gift to wrap and that is it!

Old December 24th, 2003, 07:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I work in a big grocery store, and not looking forward to today, the holidays seem to bring the worst out in people, its not going to be fun! Its amazing that so many people wait till the last minute??? I even see frozen turkeys being bought??

Everyone enjoy the holidays!

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 24th, 2003, 03:24 PM
Passenger

I thought it was only us Brits that are that manic! There was almost a fist fight in my food shop over turkeys yesterday morning. You couldn't move and the traffic was the pits. Next year I think I'm going to hibernate, good night from rainy old England,
Teresa