Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 23rd, 2003, 12:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default What is the Message?

First off, I want everyone to have a wonderful holiday.

Michelle and Mark's recent marriage, Harry's surprise, Kuki's early Christmas present from his wife's dr............I wish happiness to you all.

But this year for me (yes, I'm having a pity party), I'd just as soon forget it. I'm sure God is trying to send me a message, but I just can't figure it out.

It started a couple of weeks ago, got a promotion and raise here at work. I now support the Chairman/CEO of our Company. Great huh? Except for......1) I started having a headache 1 week ago Sunday and still have it. Nothing has helped, migraine medicine, tension medicine, chiropracter, CT scan (results unknown), lortabs, nothing has helped. 2) Husband came home from work Thursday.....he's laid off after 20 years. 3) Father in law put in hospital, dehydrated, problems with lungs. 4) Just received a call, my brother is having emergency surgery as I write. 5) Babysitting niece's cat for 2 weeks......blah, blah, blah!! I don't think winning the lottery would help me at this point.

I wish I would be able to plan a cruise, but I just don't know where 2004 is going to take us. So just keep posting about your experiences and I'll enjoy reading.

Thanks for listening to me........and when you're down this Holiday, just think - at least you're not me!
Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2003, 12:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: What is the Message?

Jansan..

Certainly sounds as though you've got a full plate of problems to deal with! Definitely hard to deal with, especially at this time of year.

Hopefully you can gather your strength, and with some help from God, these things will resolve themselves in a postive manner. We'll certainy say a prayer for your family's return to good health!

Just a few months ago my mother was in the hospital, and they told us she likely wouldn't be leaving it. We're now busy preparing for a Hawaiian Vacation for her and my father. So... there's no question in my mind that prayers help!! I hope your prayers are answered in the same way!!!

Old December 23rd, 2003, 12:23 PM
Admiral

So sorry to hear of your troubles. Gosh, I guess your message should give us all a better perspective on what is important.

My mother was just diagnosed with breast cancer. She's putting off her surgery until after Christmas so she doesn't ruin anyones' plans.

I realize now how lucky we are. Thanks for the enlightenment and good luck.

Regards,
Thomas
Old December 23rd, 2003, 12:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Best wishes for you, Jansan. I'm wondering if the headaches are stress-related? You aure have enough.

I can tell you on the laid off thing that sometimes it works out the best. I quit a newspaper editor post about 11 years ago, and in hindsight, it was the best thing I ever did.

I read in a wonderful book that whenever you are stressed, force yourself to think of (or write down) 10 things you are grateful for. It really does work to change your attitude toward the better.

Big hug to you in the interim,

Harry
Old December 23rd, 2003, 12:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Question - did the cat and headache arrive at about the same time?

Allergy headaches are not unheard of -- the Dr. thought mine were migraines until antihistamines stopped them cold. It's worth a try.

Hope that your recent string of bad luck is just getting all the "bad stuff" out of the way so that 2004 will be a really great year.

Hang in there!

Mary L.
Old December 23rd, 2003, 12:56 PM
Captain

Jansan,

Hang in there! Have faith. We don't always understand God's plan for us. Remember that HE knows what he is doing. 2003 was a difficult year for me and Norm is still unemployed (the owner of the company he worked for passed away and the business closed) but we're making the best of it.

Best of luck to you and your family. You have our prayers for health and happiness.

AKcruiser

Old December 23rd, 2003, 06:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Jansan,
Just want to add my thoughts and prayers for you....hang in there....it sounds so trite but it's darkest before the dawn.....we're all pulling for you.
Angela Z.
Old December 23rd, 2003, 07:47 PM
Mark&Deb

Jansen-you just go right ahead & have that pity party!!! Just don't stay at the party too long. We had 2-1/2 yrs of pure h*ll. Dad at age 60 got CA & then mom, problems w/daughter in high school & all her turmoils, in-laws ill & then mom died. The day I came home from LV after caring for mom: my daughter had moved into her apt w/her little dog & had the basement cleaned out & hubby was @ work. I bawled my eyes out. Then planned the wedding - blah blah blah. So now things are looking up & health for Mark & I are better & guess what - those nasty old migraines - gone. We will pray & you pray too & turn it over it is all you can do. We will all stay in touch w/you & lift you up. It will get better & then you will have experienced & be able to help someone else. Trust us all & trust in Him.
***Deb & Mark
Old December 23rd, 2003, 08:34 PM
Admiral

Nothing better to lift your spirits than hanging around this board Jansan, so don't be a stranger! We'll be looking for you!

donna

Old December 24th, 2003, 08:04 AM
Admiral

Jansen,
There isn't anything I could say that hasn't been said already. I'm praying for you and your family and hope that the new year brings you a real positive turn around.

I'm glad you posted here and let us know the burden you are carrying. Hopefully knowing that we care will help you, and like Donna said-keep us posted and stay connected to us.

Please don't hesitate to ask for help, even medically if things don't get better.

Phyll

Old December 24th, 2003, 10:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to belgique

Jan: RollerDonna is right - when you're down, come to this board and someone will have "been there".....you're never alone. Even though many of us do not know each other, we are truly all alike and pulling for each other.

It's especially tough to be going through bad times during the holidays, but, little by little, day by day, things WILL get better.

Hugs and good wishes on their way to you.