Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 24th, 2003, 12:15 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Good Morning - it's Christmas Eve!!!

Good morning everyone and happy hump day! I just can't believe that it is Christmas Eve day.....but I did manage to get all my gifts and get them wrapped. So, I guess I am set - or as least as set as I am going to be.

I hope everyone has a great day - and if you are traveling, travel safe!

Sponsored Links
Old December 24th, 2003, 02:59 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Morning - it's Christmas Eve!!!

Good morning Lisa and CMs who follow,

It looks like many of you up North will have a White Christmas after all. We would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas or Happy Hannukah! Please drive carefully wherever you may be, and have a safe and joyful holiday.

Jack

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old December 24th, 2003, 03:28 AM
Admiral

Good morning, all! We'll be off to Disneyland to enjoy the festiviites today! First day of hubby's vacation and I'm glad to have 2 days off in a row! And I DO believe I am finally finished with my shopping and wrapping, although I've been surprised before...

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old December 24th, 2003, 05:03 AM
Admiral

Good morning Lisa, Jack, Jean and all the Cruisemates to follow. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! I, too, cannot believe it is Christmas eve. Remember, when we were kids and it seemed like Christmas would NEVER get here? Now it is here in a blink of an eye. Hopefully only working 1/2 day today then home to wrap the last 3 gifts and do some cooking and baking for tonight and tomorrow. Then tomorrow morning we are having our Christmas at Jackie's new house. She is so excited...and so am I. Even at 26, she still loves Christmas morning! And the this will be the first one in her own home. Have a wonderful and blessed day!

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old December 24th, 2003, 05:56 AM
Admiral

Good morning to everyone above and below my post. Trying to get used to new mouse and keyboard duo. (Logitech mx700) Still haven't figured out all of the buttons. {{grin}} Have a wonderful Christmas eve.

Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)

Old December 24th, 2003, 06:12 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Morning - it's Christmas Eve!!!

Good morning from swfl....well last night I wanted to go shopping but my car would not start. We had to go to Wal Mart and buy a battery and it was the wrong one so my husband had to go back etc. By the time we hit the sack it was after midnight...and no shopping done! It was a mad house at super wal mart and I am sure it will be again today.

I have to get the prime rib today and do some more christmas shopping. I do want to do a cruise next holiday...this is nutty. The kids are excited and can't wait until tonight. We will hang the stockings and just relax. Kids want to make a birthday cake for Jesus...

Have a great day mates.............

Old December 24th, 2003, 06:28 AM
susancruzs

Good Morning Everyone!

Just a quick note before I head off to work to wish everyone Happy Holidays!

Enjoy your time with friends and families, be safe on the roads. Take a minute to reflect and remember the reason for seaosn!

Susie
Old December 24th, 2003, 07:24 AM
Admiral

Morning all, I'm off work (well day job anyway) until next Friday, then I'm off work for vacation (cruise) until the following Friday. So between now and January 11th I'm only working 2 days....................Yahoooooooo! I think I can handle that.

Sue, isn't that car fairly new? You are now having problems with the battery? I'd check into the electrical system and make sure something is not causing the battery to die.

I was going to shop some today and get Mrs. Thomas some more things but she told me last night not to get her much so I agreed. I'll wrap her Snicker's Bar tonight!

Regards,
Thomas
Old December 24th, 2003, 07:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. I stayed up late last night and got most of the cooking for tonight done so all I have to do this am is ice the cake. Going to meet hubby for lunch and then come home and wrap a few last minute things and set the table and be ready dinner for 10 tonight.
Mary Lou, enjoy Jackies first Christmas in her new house....y'all have worked very hard over there! It's fun starting new traditions.
Angela Z.
Old December 24th, 2003, 07:54 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to Auguste

Good morning from the NC Coast. rainy today, but not so cold. No snow, no snow.
Can always count on getting a laugh from one of you guys (snicker bar indeed) you better duck when she opens that one Thomas.
Have a nice and peaceful christmas everybody Auguste
Old December 24th, 2003, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! The "gentle" weather pattern is holding in Calgary. Hard to call 40 degrees F nice<G>

Mike.. things are definitely not right in your house, if you're the well one

6 sleeps til I'm desert cruising.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 24th, 2003, 09:54 AM
Admiral

Good morning one and all --mates and maties
The kidney thing must be going around---- my husband is passing another stone-- no fun and lots of pain-- Mike M. I hope your wife takes it easy and follow up with the infection--making sure its gone completly---
Wishing everyone the best this Holiday season-- take care be good-- be safe and positive thougths and prayers for all our loved ones.
Cheers --- to all with my morning cup of coffee--- will be having a special Starbucks eggnog toast at work-- so cheers to all of you with that--- ahead of time.
Cheers to you and lots more cruises too
April
Old December 24th, 2003, 10:00 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Morning CMs, Ellis and I want to ewish you all a very merry Christmas and happy holidays to you all. Have a safe and blessed time with family and friends. Hope Santa is good to you all and that there will be some Cruise tix in those stockings, hung with care!!

Jeanne&Ellis

Old December 24th, 2003, 10:41 AM
Admiral

Mike, best wishes to Betty, and great job on the wrapping! Very creative with the Sharpie!
UPS has come to my rescue and saved Christmas at our house. On my doorstep early this morning, I found the long-awaited-and-given-up-for-lost package that I thought would never arrive for Christmas! My son will have his Christmas present after all, thanks to UPS! I am all shopped and wrapped, and am preparing a not-very-traditional salmon loaf tonight for my mom, who will take a break from her Christmas dinner preparations for tomorrow and join us for Christmas Eve.
Weather here in Montreal is not very Christmasy - heavy rainfall and mild temps are washing away alot of last week's snow, but there is more snow forecast for Christmas Day....
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, and a safe and healthy holiday!

donna

Old December 24th, 2003, 02:11 PM
First Mate

Merry Green Christmas to all....hope Sant is good to you & yours!!!!