Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2003, 12:19 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks
Default Merry Friday!

A belated Merry Christmas everyone!

Ive missed my morning visits with you all! This week ended up being busier than I ever imagined. Last night I crashed at about 8:00 and just woke up. Before dhWhirlwind wakes up, I thought Id sneek some puter time in.

Today is a holiday here so were having dhs family over for lunch and coffee. Theres a wee bit of tension in his family so were hoping a big kick of Christmas spirit/reason will do them good. I wish there was a better translation for the expression "grow up!"

Hope Santa was good to everyone in whatever way.

((((((((((Christmas hug)))))))))) to my CM buddies.

karen
Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2003, 05:08 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Merry Friday!

Good morning from swfl....had a long day yesterday but it was nice. Too bad my wound opened up again..otherwise it would have been a perfect day! I picked the scab..so I guess it is my own fault....

Karen good luck with the family today!

My husband took a day off work today which is nice. The house needs a bit of cleaning and I have my session this morning. Have to run to city hall this morning and get porperty tax papers so we pay less in taxes <grandfathered>

Mike I hope Betty is better..I will read all the posts now and see if you wrote anything..

Take care guys.........

Old December 26th, 2003, 05:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where I feel like I'm one of the only people in the world going to work today....oh well....just means there'll be one more vacation day somewhere along the line and I had the time off when I really needed it on Christmas eve.
Angela Z.
Old December 26th, 2003, 06:38 AM
Admiral

Good morning all! Can you believe it is all over? After weeks/months of preparation...it is all done. Now I can concentrate on getting the quilt made and our upcoming February cruise. I hope everyone had a beautiful Christmas.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old December 26th, 2003, 07:42 AM
susancruzs

Good Morning Everyone!

Happy day after everyone! Hope everyone is doing well! We had a nice day yesterday, Kathy, Becky, Drew and I, small but very nice. Today my sister and brother-in-law come so more presents!

Having that first cup of coffe then it will be out to some stores for a little more shopping!

Have a good one!

Susie
Old December 26th, 2003, 07:56 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Goos Morning,, Just getting ready for breakfast and then we are off for the sales!!!1 Can we say, "CHARGE IT!!" Happy day after. Sue, don't pick!! Mike how is Betty doing? Hope that Cipro kicked in fast and you all were able to enjoy. Kuki, I am really thankful for your posts on the food cut backs on Celelbrity. Thanks for your input and knowledge. HAve a great day everyone.

Jeanne

Old December 26th, 2003, 08:07 AM
Admiral

Morning all from Montreal where we had one more Christmas surprise last night after we got home - another snowstorm!! "They" said up to 5cms. but this morning it looks more like 3 feet at the end of our driveway, and there is no sign of our walk and stairs after a night of blowing snow! Gotta clear out, as we're expecting hubby's son and baby grandaughter later today. Can't wait to see her again, will take lots of pics!
Hope you all can relax a bit today and enjoy the holiday...

donna

Old December 26th, 2003, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Comfortable weather flow still hanging on in Calgary. It's only in the 40s F, but for the end of Dec. we're doing OK.

Had many bar patrons come up to me yesterday to thank me for being open. I guess for many folks without families, etc it was important to have some place to go, socialize, and see some friendly faces.

4 sleeps til Vegas. The family is really excited. Mrs K can't wait to see O again, and Celine.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 26th, 2003, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Long Island. Christmas was fun and my daughter and granddaughter just informed me that today we go shopping. OMG, thought I had that all done. So today it's back to the stores.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old December 26th, 2003, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Morning all from NE Florida, where the sister's family just left for Ft. Lauderdale and three days of niece's soccer games. She is one of the few invited to play for the college scouts in a nationwide tournament of girls' soccer. They're hoping she gets offered a scholarship somewhere, which she should.

I'm with you Kuki, I was at the restaurant yesterday doing some floor work, and got so many calls wondering if I was open. I almost started to tell them if they were hungry to come on down and I would feed them, but they would have to get their own drinks because I would not be able to cook and bartend at the same time. <grin>

Now that Christmas is over let the bowl games begin. This is the part of Christmas I enjoy the most.

Regards,
Thomas
Old December 26th, 2003, 11:59 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone (at least it is still morning for the next few minutes! lol)

Sunny and will get into the 40's here in SE Wisconsin today, that is not too bad for December.

Have to work tonight and then I am off for the next two days........can't wait to put the new foot whirlpool bath I got for christmas to work!

Old December 26th, 2003, 12:01 PM
Admiral

GACM-...-

Well, my Christmas was nice, and somewhat nautical. I got the 2004 Mariner's Book of Days, my favorite calendar, and a number of maritime histories and compendiums. And while we were aboard Ecnhantement in September, my SIL started her Christmas shopping. Yesterday, she gave me a tabletop "model" of the ship, which will take its place alongside my other shipnack of Sensation.

Tonight we get together with Chris's classmates, some of whom will be aboard Inspiration in March. Guess what the big topic will be.

Have a great day, all!

Steve

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03
Inspiration 3/04
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!
Summit 03/06 to Hawaii, Where God left his fingerprints, in memory of Margaret.
Sensation 03/07
Carnival Freedom (March 08)
\X\Mercury (January 09)
Old December 26th, 2003, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Good Morning from the Arizona desert. We woke up EARLY this morning in the Arizona high country where it had been drizzling all day and part of the night, then snow on top of that. Very treacherous. And we had to get out and drive in in before sunup to get Jos back here to work. It wasn't fun, but once we got down over the rim things were OK and we made it safe and sound. I can't begin to tell you how much I hate to drive in snow! But we had a wonderful Christmas with my parents and my brother and his family, so it was worth it.