Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 28th, 2003, 03:36 AM
First Mate

Default Good"Sunday"morning!

it is 4:30 am & I cannot sleep...so Good Mornin all!!
We had nice xmas ,ver y quiet..the kids have lots of new "toys".
Unfortunately my hubby has a really bad case of the flu )since Tuesday) & has had to stay in bed for xmas...& he is still there today.
We are scheduled to cruise in 13 days....& now my back up sitter is bein a pain in the butt...she is unsure if she will watch the kiddies for the week,,,I am looking to get someone "again"...This is not helping the stress level!!! I have found someone but they want to take the kids to their house & my daughter is geting ready to write exams & my son has his boy scout group thing so we need someone who will stay at our house (at least during the week)AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!
There is no snow here & it has been fairly warm it was 64 here yesterday & the sun was very warm...it was lovely.
I am going back to bad to try to get some more zzzzzz"s...bye for now!!
Sponsored Links
Old December 28th, 2003, 06:08 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Good"Sunday"morning!

Good Morning Sassy and everyone else who has yet to wake up,
Our Christmas was great too. The kids did wonderful in their play, hard to believe that the 2 up there looking so angelic are such helions at times. Went down to Bonita Springs ( near Naples) to inlaws for dinner and spent the next day at Old Time Pottery buying all kinds of stuff. Sue, I spent 31/2 hours in there. Now it's back to reality as DH and I are getting ready to paint the house. We scrapped and prepped the worst yesterday . Great way to spend vacation. Oh well, DH has now informed me we are 5 months and 8 days till our Alaska cruise. And I thought he wasn't excited. Seahunks, if you read this, email me about your trip on the Inspiration. Have to gp get next coffee, love the inlaws dearly but they only drink de-caf and oh.... do I need caffeine. Have a great day Bye the way, Fl is warming up again. Due to be in the 70's
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old December 28th, 2003, 06:32 AM
Admiral

Good Sunday morning Sassy and Anne and the Cruisemates to follow.

Sassy, hope that babysitter situation comes together for you. That would make me a little tense also.

Anne it's good to have you back and I'm glad to hear you have your regular coffee back now. We know how much you love that in the morning.

Kuki, I'm not sure exactly when you leave for Vegas, but have a great trip with your family. The fireworks display sounds like it's going to be awesome.

Welcome home CA. I think you just came home to do your laundry so you could leave on another cruise. :-)

Hope you all have a great Sunday.
Phyll

Old December 28th, 2003, 07:29 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good"Sunday"morning!

Good morning from swfl...just got back from our morning walk and now we are getting ready for church.We will be gone all day since we are heading to Naples after church to visit friends. Anne you passed our house on the way to Bonita Springs! Next time stop by....I love the Old Time Pottery store, there is one in Fort Myers. It is true, one can spend hours in there.

Sassy I hope the sitter will work out! Or you just have to take the kids with you....

Have a great sunday....

Old December 28th, 2003, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from the freezing Arizona desert. And I'm not kidding! We had a freeze warning last night, and the weather lady on the local news right at this moment is saying there will be another one tonight!

My employer gave each of us a turkey for Christmas. Since my parents live in a retirement facility with only a kitchenette and no oven, I couldn't take it up there and cook it when we went up for Christmas. I don't have a freezer - only the top part of the refrigerator - and there's no room for it in there, so I am cooking it today. Josť isn't particularly fond of turkey, but I eat alone 5 nights a week while he is working, so it'll make good meals for me.

Besides cooking the turkey, today will be another couple of loads of laundry, and then we'll go to the mall to pick up the onyx and diamond ring that I gave Josť for his birthday but had to be taken back for sizing. I plan to relax big time today because tomorrow it's back to work. Waahhhh! I don't want to go!

Have a great day, Cruise Mates!

Old December 28th, 2003, 08:45 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Morning CMs, It is looking like a cloudy day today, not sure if it will rain, but dreary is the word for today. Making a pot roast for dinner, and just chilling today. guess we all need an extra day to just relax. The holidays knock us out! Anne I would bring some "high test" with me, can't go without caffine in the morning! I'd never wake up.
Hope you all have a good, restful day.

Jeanne

Old December 28th, 2003, 09:13 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to Auguste

Good morning from the NC coast, was so cold last night looked like snow behind the house. Sun is up now ( I hate cold weather)
Have a nice Sunday and Jennifer enjoy your turkey.
Auguste
Old December 28th, 2003, 09:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando....another day of not much planned....sure, I say not much. Our move in the fall left lots of boxes in the garage.....finally getting around to dealing with all that. I say if it's been boxed up and I haven't missed it then it could be time to pitch it!
Jennifer.....I don't wanna go back to work tomorrow either!
Angela Z.
Old December 28th, 2003, 10:10 AM
Admiral

Good late morning all, as I just "came to" before 11a.m.!! I don't remember the last time I slept in so late, but I guess I needed it! Weather here in Montreal looks nice, haven't been out yet, but hubby said it was mild when he walked the dog, and it's sunny - at least it's not snowing! Nothing special planned today, except to go shopping for some paint. I'm hoping to use my days off to paint some furniture in my daughter's new appartment. Working in retail pre-Christmas, she has had no time to do anything!

donna

Old December 28th, 2003, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Feels a bit cooler in Calgary today, but still not into any real cold weather. We're still above zero F.

Today will be packing day. Forecast for Vegas NYs Eve is cold, so this will be MUCH different than cruise packing.
Since we're cruising two weeks after we get back from Vegas, its probably a good thing. The bathing suits and shorts can stay clean, waiting to be packed.
You'd think the summer wear would be so anxious to go somewhere warm they'd jump into suitcases themselves <G>

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 28th, 2003, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Good morning (oops it's afternoon) from Long Island. Slept late and then had a leisurely breakfast and worked on my puzzle before I even looked at the computer. Didn't realize it was this late. Felt good to sleep late.

Kuki, my summer duds have already jumped into my suitcases. All ready to go now. Just no cruise for another 141 days.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory