Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 31st, 2003, 01:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C
Default New Years Eve, Good Morning

Good Morning on this New Years Eve CruiseMates.
It is expected to be a cool and crisp day here in Southern California.

Hard to believe we were all worried about the year 2000, alas that was 4 years ago. How time passes.

Wife and I are headed out to a nice restaurant for the last seating with a champagne toast at midnight. Of course we are the only ones for this seating. Might have to change and give the staff a break and let them close early, we will see if there are any last minute reservations. Hate to be the only ones in the establishment.

Happy New Year
VOS chat rat cruise Feb 22, 2004
Radiance West Coastal Cruise May 2,2004
Constellation transatlantic Sept 7, 2004

Post Edited (12-31-03 02:24)

Sponsored Links
Old December 31st, 2003, 06:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.
Default Re: New Years Eve, Good Morning

Good morning from Orlando.....found out last night there's a block party tonight.....should be a fun way to meet the new neighbors.
Angela Z.
Old December 31st, 2003, 06:01 AM
Admiral

Good morning from swfl....had a restless night due to the fruitcake that wanted to take over. But I did not eat any <VBG> Tonight we are stopping at church for a little while but I don't think we will stay up until midnight. Tomorrow I am trying my hardest to catch the Lord of the Rings movie. It is such a long movie and we never seem to be able to find the right time to see it.

A Christmas cruise is in planning stages here. Not sure what ship yet but I think we will do it. I have not had a countdown clock in ages...

Stay safe tonight and keep an eye out for those that had too much to drink.

June 1st 2015--- Denali Explorer Cruise on Star Princess!

Dec 18, 2014 Caribbean Princess
Old December 31st, 2003, 06:39 AM
Yeoman

Good Morning from St Pete,
It is supposed to be 80 today so will take a break and take the kids to Fort Desoto Park. It was rated as one of the top beaches in the country. About a 1/2 hour from here. Really beautiful. Looks like the caribbean. No snow here!!! Will be heading to Peter's teacher's house tonight. It's a family friendly get together which is great
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old December 31st, 2003, 06:54 AM
Admiral

Good morning and Happy New Years Eve to all of you.

It's nice and cool outside right now so I've got the house opened up and I'm enjoying it. We'll have it in the 80's later too.

Yesterday Jake and I sat down on the beach for a while. It was so nice to sit there and watch the waves and the people and listen to the surf. Think we'll head back there later today for a little more.

Have a good one all.

Phyll

Old December 31st, 2003, 07:01 AM
Admiral

Good morning from the Arizona desert. Wow! New Year's Eve! Where did the year get away to? I'm wishing you all a fantastic 2004. Jose and I both work today, so no New Year's Eve celebration for tonight, although he did say he'll probably be home before midnight, so we'll probably have a little toast and celebration before we go to bed. Tomorrow is a big day for us - our anniversary! We'll both be home, so we'll spend the day together and then go out for a nice dinner. Then back to work on Firday!

Old December 31st, 2003, 07:40 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: New Years Eve, Good Morning

Happy New Year everyone ....... yep.....FL is the place to be right now....we are having PERFECT weather.......upper 70s.

Wishing everyone a great year of cruising coming up for 2004 .... I think our new heat pump is going to account for at least ONE cruise..... boohoo. But where there is the will.....there is a way.

Old December 31st, 2003, 07:54 AM
L&S80

Happy New Year.......we got snow!!!!! ack!!!! If you easterners woulda kept it us westerners wouldn't have to drive in it......<EG> We'll be staying in tonight......& try to stay awake til midnight.........
Happy New year to all the cruisemates!!!!! Oh......& to Y2 too.........<S>

Sharon & Larry

Feb. 22, 2004 Voyager OTS

May 2, 2004 Radiance OTS
Old December 31st, 2003, 07:59 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Morning and have a wonderful night tonight, whatever you are doing. Be safe and if you don't have to drive tonight, don't! Happy Anniversary jennifer and Jose! I agree Mgram, Florida is the place to be right now, sun is shining and air is just a tad cool. Its great to be alive! If you 'celebrate' a little too much tonight, a little tipfrom my younger days) take some aspirin before bed, makes the head feel not as bad tomorrow! Jeanne&Ellis

Old December 31st, 2003, 08:00 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to Auguste

Good morning from the NC Coast where the sun is shining, but it is cold. No Snow No Snow
Happy anniversary to Jennifer and Jose
Our litle town has its own Ball that they drop from atop the fire ladder at 12 (haha)and then fireworks over the ocean. Might go out there if it is not to cold.
Rosebowl Parade in the morning, I love that one.
Happy New Year to all of you and a healthy one.
Auguste
Old December 31st, 2003, 08:47 AM
Sarah Berwick

Good afternoon where I am right now! Happy New year to everyone and especially to Steve and Barbara we cruised together quite some time ago now and I have since left ship life. But I hope you have had a wonderful Christmas and good luck for 2004.

Best wishes
Sarah
Old December 31st, 2003, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Still morning here in Montreal, mild, cloudy, and expecting snow. Nothing on the agenda today, may finish the painting job at my daughter's apt. or may just relax with a good book! No plans for tonight either, boy are we boring or what? Will probably just sit around and reminisce about last New Years onboard the Imagination....this time last year,New Years Eve day, we were at Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica....sure beats the view out the window today!!
Hope you all have a happy and safe New Years Eve!

donna

Old December 31st, 2003, 10:10 AM
Admiral

Good Morning! and Happy New Year's Eve - have to work today, its quiet so i may get to go home early. Going to our friend's house tonight, looking forward to it.
Old December 31st, 2003, 10:10 AM
First Mate

good morning all,it is really chiily here today,but no snow!! We have finally gotten a reliable sitter for our kids for the cruise. For New Years we are staying in & spending a quiet evening with the kiddies. Hubby is finally over the flu...still coughy but not quite as sick. We leave on Jan 10...only 10 days!!!!
Old December 31st, 2003, 10:18 AM
Admiral

Happy New Years to all !

Sarah - Good to see you ! I had the pleasure of cruising with you on the Millennium in August of 2001 and again (with Steve) in May of 2002 on the Summit! John
Old December 31st, 2003, 10:21 AM
Admiral

Hey there Sarah.....good to hear from you........CruiseAholic, Don and I (Pat) think about you often (also on the Summit cruise)..... wondered what had happened to you! Hope all is well ....... wishing you a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Old December 31st, 2003, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb

Cruising on Allure of Seas 7 days Feb 21 2016]cruiseing on Carnival Breeze 7 days out of Galveston, Tx June 26, 2016
Old December 31st, 2003, 11:05 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone and, I too cannot believe that another year is done. I hope everyone has a wonderful celebration tonight if that is what you are going to do....for me, I will be working and we are ordering in pizza for the gang tonight - and we all hope to be home before midnight to avoid the post midnight drunks on the road.

Old December 31st, 2003, 11:56 AM
Captain

Good Morning everyone, Happy New Year. I sat and reflected about this past year and I can't figure out where it went to so fast!

Happy Anniversary to Jennifer and Jose. It's our 32nd tomorrow too. Norm and I (Dena) plan to go to dinner tomorrow and stay home tonight.

Please watch out for the other guy and stay safe everyone.

Happy New Year from Alaska

AKcruiser

Old December 31st, 2003, 05:45 PM
First Mate

Happy Holidays to everyone and best wishes for a safe new year.

Sarah glad to hear you are still around and interested in cruising. I also enjoyed meeting you on the Summit Hawaii cruise, too bad we missed each other in Alaska when your contract ended a week too early

Take care all and hope for many great cruises in 2004.

Doug Hembroff
Old January 2nd, 2004, 04:52 AM
Sarah Berwick

Well a happy new year to everyone, I can't believe that so many of you are on the site I think I have to be the worst at keeping in touch with people so I do apologise but that was one of my new year resolutions to try harder at writing to people! I am now back in England after leaving ship life, miss it alot at times but this year will be heading into the career that I have always wanted as the a typical english 'bobby'!! Or should I say policewoman!! I start my training in march and can't wait. Let me know if you are having any big cruisemates cruises again as I would love to try and go and be on the other side of cruising for once! It would be great to catch up with everyone again.

Hope you all have a great 2004

Best Wishes
Sarah.x