CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   My wedding - part 2: wedding morning (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/266564-my-wedding-part-2-wedding-morning.html)

MichelleP January 1st, 2004 03:46 PM

My wedding - part 2: wedding morning

My wedding - part 2: wedding morning

The next morning, December 13, my alarm woke me at 6:00. Since I was sharing a bathroom, I wanted to make sure I had plenty of time in there. Turns out my brother and Margaux didn’t get up until the last minute anyway, but at least I didn’t feel rushed.

The weather that day was beautiful. Even the temperature was perfect, being neither too hot nor too cold.

My aunt Kaye and her friend Shirley came by the house around 8:00, and everyone except my dad (who was still sleeping) went to breakfast at a nearby restaurant called Cafe 11. It was a buffet breakfast and was absolutely delicious! I will have to remember to go there again. My mom, Alex, Margaux, Shirley, Kaye, and I had a great time.

After breakfast we went back to the house and picked up everything we needed to take with us for the day. I packed up everything that was mine and put it into my parents’ van since I wouldn’t be going back to the beach house. My mom and I, followed by Shirley and Kaye, headed over to the San Sebastian Winery to decorate for the reception.

We arrived at the winery and the staff was ready for us. They even had a little red wagon to help us cart all our stuff upstairs to the third floor reception room. We stayed there until 11:30, setting up centerpieces, arranging favors, putting candles everywhere, scattering Hershey’s kisses on the tables, setting up the photo slideshow video, etc. My brother and Margaux arrived shortly after we did and helped a great deal. Then my uncle Mike, aunt Luie, and my grandmother showed up. It was nice to see them again. My dad came by, too, and then went home to get his suit since he was going to change into it from his uniform that evening. He got stuck in traffic on the way back.

At 11:30 my mom, Margaux, and I left the winery and headed to the Casa Monica to meet Samantha, try to check in and find some lunch. They wouldn’t let us check in just yet, but Sam showed up and we left our stuff with the desk staff while we went to lunch. We walked to a cute little restaurant down a side street from the hotel and had a lovely lunch. I had some kind of chicken sandwich that was delicious. After lunch we went back to the hotel and my room was ready, so we took a big load of stuff from the van (which luckily was parked nearby) and walked to the hotel. We made quite a parade, carrying dresses and bags.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

rollerdonna January 1st, 2004 08:24 PM

Re: My wedding - part 2: wedding morning

Lots of preparations, but lots of help too! On to Part 3!

donna