Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2004, 04:57 PM
Admiral

Default My wedding - part 4: taking pictures

My wedding - part 4: taking pictures

The first thing I saw when we went down to the lobby was the group of guys in their long tux coats looking very handsome, then my dad looking dashing in his military dress uniform. Then I saw Mark, and he and I beamed at each other. I wish we had had time for a private moment together before the pictures but there just wasn’t time.

First we took the group pictures. These were all done outside by the hotel pool, and on the beautiful staircase hung with greenery and lights. I can’t wait to see these pictures, I’m sure they turned out beautifully. The photographer has already posted about ten pictures on his website, but I have yet to see any of the others.

After the group pictures everyone left to get some food except Mark and me. We took pictures all around the old town – first in the courtyard in front of the Lightner Museum and the Casa Monica, where the trees and bushes were lit with thousands of Christmas lights. The photographer really wanted to get some slightly silly shots in, but Mark and I were insistent that the shots be elegant and posed. As the picture-taking progressed we eventually let him take some shots that are not my favorites, but it made him happy. His wife was his assistant, and they bickered often, greatly amusing Mark and me.

After taking pictures in front of the museum, we walked to the Bridge of Lions and took a few pictures there and on the waterfront. As we walked, people honked their horns, clapped for us, or just smiled and said, “Congratulations!” On the bridge I even saw a couple of people I know drive by. After we took pictures on the waterfront, we walked to the Cathedral and took some pictures in the courtyard before going inside and taking some pictures inside the church. We had planned to go into the church right away, but the 5:00 mass was just letting out so we walked past the crowd departing the church and talking to the priest to get to the courtyard at the side of the church. Someone asked the priest about the wedding, and he said, “I know we have one here at 7:00,” and I shouted, “That’s us!” More applause and congratulations. It was our day and I was determined to enjoy all this attention! After the pictures in the courtyard we went into the church and took several pictures there. Around 6:30 the photographer left and we decided it was time to hide before the ceremony. My mom, dad, grandmother, aunt, Margaux, and I went into a room by the gift shop to await the start of the ceremony.

Some of the professional pictures:

You can see more at the photographer's website. I'm not thrilled with them, but I'm pretty sure there are others that I'll love, I just have to wait for the proofs.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2004, 05:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.
Default Re: My wedding - part 4: taking pictures

Holy cow!! Mark sure cleans up nice! Seriously, he and your Dad in his military uniform and you in your gorgoues dress.....it looks like a fairy tale!
I love that you did pictures all around town.....especially on the bridge....that is one of my all time favorite spots! I can just imagine everyone honking and wishing you well....how cool!
Angela Z.
Old January 1st, 2004, 05:35 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: My wedding - part 4: taking pictures

Thanks! The last picture is on the bridge... I'm disappointed that you can't see all the lights from Nights of Lights. It was gorgeous.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old January 1st, 2004, 05:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

What lovely pictures..thanks so much for sharing them with all of us,,,,,
Trip/Monday Chjat Host
Old January 1st, 2004, 09:31 PM
Admiral

Great photos Michelle, thanks for sharing! I'd like to know what kind of flowers were in your bouquet - it is beautiful!

donna

Old January 2nd, 2004, 11:04 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: My wedding - part 4: taking pictures

They were calla lilies.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old January 2nd, 2004, 02:54 PM
Yeoman

Very beautiful, I too loved your choice of flowers, very elegant ! Your gown is lovely also, so elegant!
Old January 2nd, 2004, 03:18 PM
Admiral

Michelle, the small photo of you is great, you look georgeous. I also like the black and white photo of you and Mark.

Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)